cold air intake

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

looks like just the piping and the filter you need the adapters for it. but that website is a ripe off they over charge there stuff so much!
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

but i am going to get me one of those shift knobs tho. :2thumbsup:
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

grey mx-3

Post by grey mx-3 »

yea those are sick i havent seen them anywere else im definetly gonna order one :froggie_red:
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

with these intakes you have to watch out for water. Plus i am still wondering if it comes with the air filter or not.... it doesnt say. But in my case i would wrather go to a PRM or a weapon-r intake. The weapon-r intakes are really nice intakes becuase they are so easy to clean and they give the most HP gain then any other intake. Because how its made you can read mroe about it at http://www.weapon-r.com.
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

i personally think the weapon r intake 'secret weapon or whatever' is possibly the worst 190bucks ive ever spent. for those who dont know. u dont get what the picture shows. u literally get a filter, and clamps, and a short 90degree pipe....it makes the motor sound sweet as hell, but def. not worth 190bucks....autzone sells a filter and then sells a 90degree pipe for like 40bucks so.....
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

witht he weapon r its the filter they are the first company i see to have a filter liek that its not a cotten filter like the rest are its like fome its realy easy to clean. Its a realy pain int he a-- to clean a cotten filter. But its up to you one what to get. I like my PRM because the cone is inclosed so no hot air gets in.
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

the weapon r is nothing BUT hot air....and the picture they show u to make u think ur getting, is equivilant to a cold air intake setup, when ur really just gettin a very short 90degree pipe
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

Legato626 wrote:witht he weapon r its the filter they are the first company i see to have a filter liek that its not a cotten filter like the rest are its like fome its realy easy to clean. Its a realy pain int he a-- to clean a cotten filter. But its up to you one what to get. I like my PRM because the cone is inclosed so no hot air gets in.
i'm confused ur saying because ur filter is in the inside of the intake that ur car wont suck up hot air, doesnt the placement of the end of the intake where its sucking air from depend on that not where the filter is??
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
robinek

Post by robinek »

jschrauwen wrote:Brno, CZ ?? Have you been on the race track there yet? Seen any good GP's?
Sure I was, it's opened for about 10 years. I don't like MotoGP so much and entrance is pretty high but yes, I saw there som ereally good races - GTs etc.
To my question, I know some questions are already answered in another posts but BB is not so precise in searching I could use. More to that, the search result shows you only topic, not exact post and when there's 20 pages of one topic, you should spend hours of reading you never wanted.
My question was simple, if I could use the one-piece set of CAI from Integra 90-93 or do I have to put it back and let reimburse money back and buy the two-pieces one. This is exact question which could be answered by few words. Thanks
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

robinek wrote:
jschrauwen wrote:Brno, CZ ?? Have you been on the race track there yet? Seen any good GP's?
Sure I was, it's opened for about 10 years. I don't like MotoGP so much and entrance is pretty high but yes, I saw there som ereally good races - GTs etc.
To my question, I know some questions are already answered in another posts but BB is not so precise in searching I could use. More to that, the search result shows you only topic, not exact post and when there's 20 pages of one topic, you should spend hours of reading you never wanted.
My question was simple, if I could use the one-piece set of CAI from Integra 90-93 or do I have to put it back and let reimburse money back and buy the two-pieces one. This is exact question which could be answered by few words. Thanks
I believe someone just mentioned that they too got the Integra one piece unit and were going to keep it because it had enough of a run and enough of the correct angled bends to adequately cut down to fit our needs. It may meean an extra cut or 2 but that's quite easy with the aluminum. The 2 piece units have to be cut down anyway to meet our needs. So, yes it should meet your needs if you take a look at the pics I've provided and the bends in the tubing necessary to work for us.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
robinek

Post by robinek »

jschrauwen wrote:I believe someone just mentioned that they too got the Integra one piece unit and were going to keep it because it had enough of a run and enough of the correct angled bends to adequately cut down to fit our needs. It may meean an extra cut or 2 but that's quite easy with the aluminum. The 2 piece units have to be cut down anyway to meet our needs. So, yes it should meet your needs if you take a look at the pics I've provided and the bends in the tubing necessary to work for us.
Thank you, that's what I wanted to get as answer. I was offered to return the CAI and refund money OR to get $15 off so now it's clear how to decide.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

The one piece intake works fine. I just made mine a couple weeks ago and i love it. Take a look at my link, hopefully it will help you out. http://mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=46225

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”