Help: Alternator?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Tried different yunkyards, but this car is so friggin rare that no one seems to have it, believe me, I've tried! A friend of my looked in one place that deals mainly in different car-parts such as alternators and they just: "Huh? Never heard of it. Are you sure you don't mean MX-5? Wait a minute (folds through several pages)." Then he found that there actually was a car named MX-3, but he hadn't seen one ever!!
'92 GS
My worklog
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Why does it have to be an MX3? The alternators in the V6 MX3 is EXACTLY the same as the ones in EVERY SINGLE 2.5L Mazda engine from 92-2002. 626. MX6. Millenia. Doesn't matter. They've got to have one of those cars at a decent sized junk yard.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

OK. I thought about the above statement driving home. I should clarify that it's all 90 AMP aternators on the Mazda 2.5L V6s. Some I believe had 110 amp alternators, which will fit, but will require running another wire to it.
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

lakersfan1 wrote:OK. I thought about the above statement driving home. I should clarify that it's all 90 AMP aternators on the Mazda 2.5L V6s. Some I believe had 110 amp alternators, which will fit, but will require running another wire to it.
Ok. Think about it the other way around then. I have bought a new alternator for my MX-3. Will this new alternator function IF I swap my engine to a KL-DE/KL-ZE? Or will there be a problem with the ampere?
'92 GS
My worklog
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

verzutiko wrote:
lakersfan1 wrote:OK. I thought about the above statement driving home. I should clarify that it's all 90 AMP aternators on the Mazda 2.5L V6s. Some I believe had 110 amp alternators, which will fit, but will require running another wire to it.
Ok. Think about it the other way around then. I have bought a new alternator for my MX-3. Will this new alternator function IF I swap my engine to a KL-DE/KL-ZE? Or will there be a problem with the ampere?
No. It'll work fine. I think most people on this board that do the KL swap are using thier old MX3 alternator.
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

lakersfan1 wrote:No. It'll work fine. I think most people on this board that do the KL swap are using thier old MX3 alternator.
Thanks you lakersfan1! You have been most helpful in these past couple of days! Two thumbs up! :2thumbsup:
'92 GS
My worklog
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

MOSES wrote:where did "93emeraldGS" go?
isnt this his problem? lol
totally sorry everyone...been way to busy and my family van went down recently...damn it can be costly

=/

but to answer some of the questions i did install an amp and what not..but i did remove it thinking there might be a short...and it still kills the battery.

i barely drive the car and it would only start when i replace the battery....when i start it i usually just drive it around the block or two then i park it again...

=/

again thx everyone will reply to all post asap
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

also its usually days or weeks between the starts...like i said i dont drive it much....when the car is on everything seems to be fine with no error lights whatsoever.

hope that helps

=/

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”