J-Spec bumper and lip installed

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
precidian

Post by precidian »

My side skirts also say Eunos on them...... hmmm interesting.

The pic you are refering to is my car actually....... :D

Also here is a shot of the front 3/4s with Jspec front end conversion and TopMix Chin spoiler.

Yes the red thing is actually the tow hook and it is fully functional.

BTW.. jschrauwen --- car is looking good... keep up the good work.
Last edited by precidian on April 23rd, 2006, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Your car is looking good Tom. :P

Nice!
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Josh wrote:the sides i have are the North America spec. whats kinda wierd is they actually say Eunos on them.

but if there are enough people intrested i could look into making some molds.
please do
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

precidian wrote:My side skirts also say Eunos on them...... hmmm interesting.
Mine also.
precidian wrote: BTW.. jschrauwen --- car is looking good... keep up the good work.
Thanks Tom, your's was the inspiration for me, although I think I'll paint my tow hook a little different colour than red.....LOL.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i need a tow hook too....i REALLY need the crash bumper from japan really
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

When I pull the bumper off (skin only) to install tow hook I'll try and take a pic of them (side by each) to give you an idea of the difference. Unless you don't need it Jeremy. The reason I ask is that is that when I had the 2 rebars side by each on the basement floor, it looked like one could do a little creative carving and turn the NA spec one into something close to the J spec one (more or less). A big weight savings too. I'd say the j spec is at least half the weight of the NA spec or less.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

Where did you buy this J-Spec Bumper ? Brand new/ used ? Corksport ???

Am pretty interested for it, but don't know where to get one somewhere else than Corksport ...

Thanks !
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

JM1EC-V6 wrote:Where did you buy this J-Spec Bumper ? Brand new/ used ? Corksport ???
Am pretty interested for it, but don't know where to get one somewhere else than Corksport ...
Thanks !
One set of J Spec chin spoiler form one of our members and then the whole J Spec front end (bumper, chin spoiler and foggies) from the Protege BB through this BB.
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

Protege forum ? They were ordering JDM parts and you just entered in with them to get your J-Spec bumper ? Is this still available now ?
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

JM1EC-V6 wrote:Protege forum ?
Yep, well actually Gro Harlem posted on here that there may be one or two J Spec bumpers coming in in a container for Club Protege.
JM1EC-V6 wrote: They were ordering JDM parts and you just entered in with them to get your J-Spec bumper ?
Well no, not really. See Gro and I both own Protege's (see my signature block) and are members on Club Protege. Also, he's an "Admin" on that BB. Since having a better insight and maybe perhaps a little persuassion with the organizers of the J-Spec parts container, I imagine that a small wish list for a few MX3 goodies was included in the initial requests. For more details on how all of that came about, do a search in the for sale forum with Gro Harlem as the originator and use "bumper" as a possible search item as well. Ther should be pics, links and greater detail as to how it all went down.
JM1EC-V6 wrote: Is this still available now ?
No. This was a one shot deal where a few Club Protege members took a risk, went out on a limb, invested the time, money and effort to have someone scour and beat the bushes in Japans junkyards and wherever to collect a container full of Protege/323 parts. Like I said before, perhaps in the shopping list for that container, was a few MX3 items. A lot of the times it's simply being in the right place at the right time to be fortunate enough to latch on to things like this. I've won some and lost some. It would be nice if a similar enterprise was undertaken for this BB. Realistically speaking, I don't believe we have a strong enough base to support an adventure like this. I believe most of this BB's membership is not financially capable of sustaining such an adventure, unlike the Protege BB which is much larger, more active and better of financially, IMO.

Hope this clears things up;

*John*
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

jschrauwen wrote:When I pull the bumper off (skin only) to install tow hook I'll try and take a pic of them (side by each) to give you an idea of the difference. Unless you don't need it Jeremy. The reason I ask is that is that when I had the 2 rebars side by each on the basement floor, it looked like one could do a little creative carving and turn the NA spec one into something close to the J spec one (more or less). A big weight savings too. I'd say the j spec is at least half the weight of the NA spec or less.
yea a pic would be nice, i got my bumper new from corksport

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”