Sinnovations 2 Slim Visors?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

We havent set an official date yet.. I am waiting on my passport. But I dont see any reason you cant meet up with us at the same time provided the timing is right for you. I need to ship a door panel to Jschrauwen here as soon as I can, but no passport and cash is tight so it will be at least a couple of weeks before I can get up there.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Taras

Post by Taras »

As mentioned, I'll be in Vancouver June 21/22 and then back on 26/27. That would be best for me.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

No sweat Taras.. If all goes as planned that should work out fine :) Looks like sunday the 26th will be the day to shoot for.. I can only make it up there on one of the weekend days. Would be kinda cool if others wanted to make it a mini meet of sorts :) Just wish I would have my new rims before anyone gets a good look at my ride :mrgreen: Kinda looks dorky with the steelies & caps :? But oh well LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

Shades

Post by Shades »

Oh damn, that's the weekend I'm going camping... oh well, I'll just meet up with you when I come down to Bellevue or something.

Or even meet up with Taras when he's in town.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Shades

Post by Shades »

Tunes,

You up for MAYBE meeting on July 1st?... I'm planning to come down to Bellevue that day to pick up my wheel. I can drop off that one stock visor I have that you can use for a template.

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sure man.. I will be working that day so you can just drop by the store. I have seen your PM and havent forgotten you.. just been real busy the past 2 days.. I will PM you directions to the store.

Tunes67

Devilhog

Post by Devilhog »

Coming up to Vancouver eh? Cool stuff. Would give ya both of my visors, think they are the stock black with the mazda logo ;) Cant remember cause im kindof intoxicated atm :twisted:

4 hours away though In Salmon arm.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Gonna be awhile before I make it up there unfortunately, I ran into Passport problems from hell.. But Shades is coming down to my area so we can still see if I can get the ball rolling on these window visors. I would like to point out that I have SERIOUS doubts that this is something I can produce.. I think there are going to be curves and bends that I cant emmulate. But it is worth checking out :)

Tunes67

Shades

Post by Shades »

It's worth checking out... and in fact you can have this one visor... so you can take as long as you want trying to make it work.

Your laser only does straight lines?... or can it do some curves?

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

It can cut curves.. but the overall piece remains flat. For example.. if you have a flat piece of plastic.. I can cut circles, squares or any other shape out of the plastic.. but the original piece and the shapes cut out.. still remain flat. The shape of the door frame above the window of our cars is curved and not flat. I literally have no way to make a the plastic I have follow the curved line of our door frame. Yes the thinner plastic is flexible and the double back tape I have is probably strong enough to adhere the plastic to the door frame and "Make" it follow the curve. But its not a proper fit if you see what I mean. If you swing by the shop so I can get a close up look at the visor.. I can show you more accurately what I am talking about. I am not saying this isnt possible to do.. just that I may not have all the proper equipment at my shop to do so properly.

Tunes67

Shades

Post by Shades »

Looking at my one visor, when I lay it on the table it lies pretty much flat... so I think that the slight curve won't be a problem. And for being the "other" flat (widthwise), that's perfect too. I have a feeling this will work. :D

ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

:bump:

what ever happened to this? seems like a great idea still.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

I'm guessing it didn't work out, otherwise there'd be a Group Buy by now. I would deffinetly be interested in a set of these though, even if they were around 45 bucks. Possible custom colors and engravings? sounds pretty nice if you ask me....
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
Shades

Post by Shades »

Sorry guys, it didn't work out. :(

rayrrod

i have 2 sets

Post by rayrrod »

One on my 95 RS and one in the garage
i bought them on the first group buy. bought 2 so we cud make the group buy.
I am trying 2 buy a 96 GS so i might use the ones in the garage 4 that car
what i dont like about thiem is that they still let rain water get in cause i think they were not made with proper planning
ie the person who made them did not have the experience/vision to make them properly.
even so , they are ok. i think i did pay like 65 for them but since i am an old man. I forget what i paid for them.

Return to “Appearance”