MX3: Chick car? Yes or No

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
1992mx3

Post by 1992mx3 »

for me the mx-3 is a guy car and the Mazda miata is a chick car...
1992 MX-3 GS in work.
2006 speed6, Wife say's i can't work on it.
2004 GSX-R 1000 Mat Mladin Replica
2006 toyota tacoma
1995 MX-6 in pieces almost ready for the junk yard, To much body damage.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

millionflame wrote:My new MX-3 is in such good shape that I routinely get stopped and asked if it's that "fancy new Mazda sports car with the rotary in it."
I was in a parking lot tweaking the car pc, was talking to some business guy and he asked is it had the rotary in it....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Chick car all the way. When I first started driving it all my lady friends wanted to ride in it. After I got my Subwoofer in (12" Kicker L7) they rode in it more than I just started to kinda blow em off. Didn't want to get invovled cause Girls are expensive and there is only one Lady in my life, My MX-3, Shelah. Some says its a whores name, others say its a whores name, I say oh well it looks like a shoe and civics make me giggle.

But seriously, my friends make fun of me cause either at th drivethru at the bank, at gas stations, at the mall, or just around town I will get the comment prolly 3-6 times a month "Thats a cute car"
mx3mikey

Post by mx3mikey »

Same here. The lady is always wanting to drive the car...Chick car, but that's cool with me.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Yeah, the Mx-3 is a chick car. The phrase "that's a cute car" are always said from chicks consistantly. The Miata is totally a guy car, cause I know and see almost all of em are driven by guys. You would think it's a chick car, cause of the room, but that's not the case.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I get ALOT of chicks because of this little car :D amazing it has more appeal than a civic.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

MX-3 RS = Babe Magnet. Enough said! :D
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
mattieg

Post by mattieg »

Yeah serious, I had a black auto rs and I was always getting compliments from women about my car, like one time I stopped to ask two chicks for directions to an apartment complex, and as I started to drive away, the cuter one was like, "Nice car." with a smile. Or maybe it was a dream..
my poor car..
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Maybe she was being sarcastic. You know, like she was really thinking, "Why is that dude driving such a chick car?!" :P Haha, kidding. As I said before, I don't really consider it to be a chick car since I see mostly guys driving it around where I live. It becomes a chick car when some lady gets ahold of it and puts Tweety Bird stickers all over it, or something.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

tw1st3d_cl0wn wrote:puts Tweety Bird stickers all over
hhmmmmmm :?: ..... :idea: ....... :wink:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kinetica

Post by kinetica »

I really think that the MX3 does look like a chick car, but I don't think it performs like one. I have a stock GS (for now) and it is a peppy little car. Nothing fast, of course, but it's got some spunk.

I think it looks like a chick car because of the smooth, rounded lines of the car. It's not very aggresive looking, so it's 'less manly'. The ultimate chick car is a Sunfire. I have to laugh when guys are driving them (however, this last sunfire body style hasn't as bad as the earlier ones).
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

The name mx3 doesnt sound girly, however precidia definately does lol. I do however get lots of compliments from girls and they always seem to want to come for a ride in it. People can laugh and trash talk my car sayin its a chick car, but when all the chicks are coming over to the car I'm the one getting the last laugh. :wink:
Last edited by Urbanconcept on June 24th, 2005, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

I think everyone has it wrong. Its not a chicks car, it is a chick car! Everyone is attracted to it. chicks like it cause its petiete and curvey like them, men like it cause its petiete and curvey like chicks
1993 RS Teal
Devilhog

Post by Devilhog »

Yup, My car gets me chicks as well ;) Didnt even buy the car for that reason, was a bonus w00t.

I still remember about 3 years ago I had me, my best friend and 5 other chicks in the car for a trip to the beach :)

Let me tell ya, that car seats 7 comfy, even if their are 4 people in the front :twisted:
J9

Post by J9 »

Yeah, before I bought my car I always thought that MX3's were a girl's ride. But now that I have one, I doubt that most girls that own them know how wonderfully they handle or how fun it is to squeal the tires. I think it also has to do with seeing a lot of girls here in the Peg 'girly' up their car with like Winnie the Poo steering wheel covers and stuff. I vowed to myself NEVER to do that to my car. If you do your car up right and drive it hard, how could it be girly? I love my MX3 8)

Return to “Appearance”