let's band together and make a REAL BP swap guide (no BS)!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:money, plus how am i gunna get my car there and get home and pick up and all that. i dont think im gunna do that bp swap anymore, just build up my sohc.

didnt you allready order a bp?

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

old topic bochek....btw the bp swap is put on hold for now due to adult priorities.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

you posted it today? didnt you?
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

nope. it sux that i have to call off the bp swap, but like i just wanna concentrate on fixing my paint and my brakes and gaskets first.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

mazdamx3sohc

PostPosted: July 04 2006, 6:08 PM Reply with quoteReport postBack to top
money, plus how am i gunna get my car there and get home and pick up and all that. i dont think im gunna do that bp swap anymore, just build up my sohc.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2223686
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address

that wasnt today?

also, did you not allready sell your ecu?
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

no i didnt sell my ecu, i posted that topic today, not my bp swap topic.
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

i'm not tryin to bash on you, mazdamx3sohc, but i agree with bochek, some times i feel sorry for your car. i've read a couple of your posts and i worry about your poor ride.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Ummm bash in some other topic, I thought this post was dead finally lol
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

it is dead, and why would you feel sorry for my car? i fix it. i dont f*ck it up, and yes i am taking offence because im sick of you f***king people coming on here especially you 15 year olds, ie been around mechanics my whole life, im not stupid. i dont know the valve cover/plug wire trick, big deal, and not to mention i was told by a couple mechanics and one guy at auto zone that that is a very STUPID idea anyhow. this is for information, not for your opinion on my skills. everyone asks for information on here. why? because not everyone knows everything. so why dont you bash the other hundreds of people who dont know everything. and lowflyinmx3, looks like your not completely mechanic smart either judging by some of your topics. if i take this too far im sorry, just i bought a 13 year old car, still has 13 year old parts on it, alot of them are starting to go, so i fix them, and i post topics for suggestions and advice. not for people to bash me. mechanics gutta start somewhere, you cant start knowing everything you know. and btw my not knowing to spark the wire and the vc is not as bad as not knowing if ground wire kits work on a car.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i dont like to cause junk, i just do small replys like "oh cool" so that i see that i was the last to answer on my watched topic list cuz i keep up to date on it, thanks for being nice about it though i appreciate it.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:i dont like to cause junk, i just do small replys like "oh cool" so that i have a higher post count, thanks for being nice about it though i appreciate it.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

bochek, in all fairness i should tell you to lay off and be quiet. you know about as much as i do about cars. and you are in EVERY one of my posts giving me crap. so just to be fair. cuz its true. if you dont want to help, then dont post. i dont need negative help when im trying to get things done. thank ya.
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

he is quoteing me bochek, i erased the topic though cause i really didnt want to get involved. prehaps its best just just let this alone
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

can someone close this topic if possible?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Actually, Id like to leave it open. Theres alot of stuff in this thread thats very informative. There are some questions that arent in this thread that could be asked that will help others.

I do have a question also..

From what I understand, this is a direct swap minus 2 wires on the harness and the ECU plugs right in.

Because of B6 engine availability, I'll probably be doing a BP swap. Being as my wife cannot drive a manual, Id like to leave the tranny as an auto. I'll be driving it daily in bumper to bumper traffic and not worried as far as performance goes in the car because I already have a GS-ZE.

Knowing the DOHC has a separate ECU and ATCM, alnd also knowing the BP ECU will plug right into the harness. If I decided to use my auto from my RS, could I use the Bp ECU with the RS ATCM? So I could basically do a motor swap, use everything existing, and just plug in a BP ECU?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”