Whats Your Top Speed In The MX

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

the fastest i jave gotten it up to was 185khp and thaT is because some a--hole thought he was cool and cut me off on the on ramp getting on to the highway. i think that was pretty close to the limits for the sohc. My brother and i topped out his 93 mx6 ls at 240khp and it still wanted to go faster.
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

I hit 110 going from one state to another to do 2 shows in one day...but that was on the old SOHC engine

I have yet to really push the BPT, especially after reading these posts, I am kinda scared

:lol:
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

135mph with cat back exhaust and air filter, had more revs but it was dark in a sweeping bend an i didnt wanna kill the little V6! Bring the KL-ZE then we shall see...
I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

Topped out the speedometer - the trailing car (my dad in his Porsche :evil: ) said I was going 243 km/h or so.

As fast as I'd go, and he was just keeping pace. I hate that guy.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I got somthing for his Porsche :wink:

:twisted:

I've pulled on a 911 Carrera Turbo w/ the little VJ-14

Hit the link below for pics.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

That is what we all dream of, pulling on a Porsche
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

did 120 mph today .. a crx was pretty quyick but it topped at 115 or slowed down. I stopped at 120 ..possible my speedo is reading wrong.. i got 205-55-r-16 tires. bigger than stock.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fastguy18

THE FASTEST I HAVE BEEN IN MY MX3

Post by fastguy18 »

the fastest i have gotten my mx3 up to is 120mph and thats with rotted, out tires: NOT SO SMART but fun
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

wickedmx3 wrote:That is what we all dream of, pulling on a Porsche
with a KLZE and bolt-ons I dont see why you couldn't pull on a boxter.. maybe not the Boxter S, but at least its a porsche!! plus the older porsches are slow too.

Ill let you know this summer, my personal goal is to smoke my buddies 350Z :D
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well regardless...its the tranny gears that run out. Im sure the ze coiuld go WAY WAY faster if it had a longet 5th gear.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

when my ZE was running good and my rear calipers weren't seized i hit 135+ but recently havent been able to get it past 120.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS
New Time 13.82 at 101.75 2.205 60ft (RIP beast klze engine)

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
Jeff K

Post by Jeff K »

i only got 120 but its stock im puting a new engine terbo and nitrous along with other changes so i'll tell you what i get than

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”