HID Retrofit kits?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
bubbaflaat

Re: HID Retrofit kits?

Post by bubbaflaat »

Has anyone put 9007 bulbs in our stock headlights? would they do much difference. I know they have a little bit different wattage.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
Taras

Post by Taras »

With 9007's you will have a screwy beam because they are an axial filament and 9004 are transverse. I don't think anyone have tried yet. If you are gonna do that may as well try anything in between: 9005/9006, H4, H1, H2, H3, H7, H9. Although only H4 is another dual filament bulb from the set. May be one these will produce a decent enough beam, although I doubt that, because 9004's use whole 360 degrees of the reflector to make a beam, but the rest of them use only the top portion for the low beam.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Wow you know alot about lighting!! I love it! Well cool. I could care less about low beam. Just so I can see at night on high. An H4 would make a better beam on high. But would be kinda wacky on low beam you thing? Of course i'd have to do some crap to get them to fit but yeah...
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”