Ottawa Meet Official thread.

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
EBUCKS

Re: Ottawa Meet Official thread.

Post by EBUCKS »

What about the park where we met last year? Mike Canadian Ice can help me out with that. It's the only meet that Ottawa had last year. That was a pretty good spot I thought. It was by the river, I think, just off the 417, maybe 2 exits east of the 416. Or is that the lot that we're speaking of? Jack, maybe you can suggest a location. <p>one
claude matte

Post by claude matte »

thats a good idea
we got to get a place picked soon
b/c people will have to be notified of the change<p>later shifty :cool:
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3mazda
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3346603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; new pics
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ya no kidding, last minute changes are not a good thing, i just nope we decided on a meeting place and everyone know about it before its too late
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

**** Bell Park? Yeah, that place is sweet for a meet! (hey that rhymes)<p>I'm going to try and show for around 1....but Jack's right, KRC is **** right now.<p>(613)298-6823 if u guys get here and want to change locations....hey we could always meet outside KRC and drive to the new place....bah thats alot of work :D
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

haha the parks name (well the first word) rhymes with "Pick"....that's why it was bleeped :D
claude matte

Post by claude matte »

ok so are we meeting at the coral or di_k bell park and if we are going to dic_ bell park canadain ice you should post some directions
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3mazda
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3346603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; new pics
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Looks like it's KRC - see u guys tomorrow! :D
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

I heard that the Sens game was reschedualed to 7pm, so if we all meet at the KRC we can convoy over to the corel center parking lot afterwards. Since it will be free....
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

T-Rose - they block off the parking lot starting around lunchtime...so no dice. Plus there's a big pre-game party starting a few hours before the game.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MazdaGirl, Ebucks, your lucky you didnt go on the cruise, it was NUTS! Twisty and fast and hard, my gas pedal was on the floor contatly just to keep up with them, and the road would have certainly done damage to your front bumpers, Me and the guy in the yellow Nissan we, as he said, were tiptoeing on the front axles...it was fun for until the first stop, than after that it was work, if i ever do that again with RWD's, im gonna need a KLZE and some suspension mods.<p>Man, i still cant believe how easy it was for even the 1st gen rx-7's to keep up comapred to me, guess it proves the superiority to RWD....unless it just from only having 4 hours of sleep that night, and 2 hours the night before<p>[ May 12, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

HA! The girls had sleep in mind. They slept 'til 1:00 p.m.
I don't know how you do 5 hours on a cruise and then 4 hours to drive home. That's 9 hours of driving. Not that I don't like driving but after the 4 hour drive up, those guys in the 3rd gens were already squealing back pain.
"Need" how was your drive home? For 2 hours there was treacherous down pour. That sucked.
If you guys read the thread in 'mx-3 meet's', canadian-ice entered something about the rx-7 meet. The drive up was bada$$. Other than rx-7's there was an Audi 1.8T, Nissan SER, Honda Hybrid which was surprisingly fast, Miata, along with the 3 of us mx-3's.
The bbq, was cool. Thanks to Wil (RXCETERA) for hosting. Good job man.
Those who didn't go missed out big time. Derek, you're excused as you posted. Kurt . . . hmmm . . . money eh. :shrug: <p>one
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

the rain was HORRID! I betcha a good 2/3 of the traffic literally pulled over, i was driving home with 3 1st gen rx-7's and the yellow nissan, the ensight started with us but continued on while himself when we stopped for lunch. We stayed in the fast lane with our 4-ways on, still doing a good 100km/h, kep on contact over cb cause we could only see 1 car in front of us. <p>The drive home wasnt bad, it was more confortable than sleeping in it at night, my right knee was a bit funky on the drive home, but not big deal. He kept a steady 120km/h instead of 160+, that "cruise" killed us, we were all tired, especially me and the nissan guy, and the green 1st gen's G/f got carsick cause of the cruise. WE passed TO around 8-9pm and i got home at 10:45pm<p>What ended up happening is that the green 1st gen let off for his g/f's sake, at at a turn off, we parked a waited, but he wasnt even within CB range. The rx-7 guys didnt want to wait so we took off, as it started raining, the blue 1st gen and his dad in the yellow nissan pulled over to put his sunroof back on, i stopped just to find out what was going on, than turned around to get back in the group, and i was gonna let the blue 1st gen know where we were since we both also had cb's, but the group was gone, no sight of them, he drove up a little ways and then backtracked to where they might have turned off, than the red 1st gen and the ensight caught up while trying to figure out where to go and a few minutes later, the green 1st gen caught up. We left and pulled into a gas station and decided from there to leave for home, since we were tired and ready to head on the long drive home, and we were all going back to Niagara<p>[ May 12, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

whats ironic is that i just got home and my strut tower bars came in today, 1 buisness day too late :shrug:
HEVNSNT

Post by HEVNSNT »

Thanks to those guys that came out. Wish there was more of you's. I was the guy in the civic hatch revving the **** out of it just trying to keep up. Oh well, I'll have my 7 next time. It was nice meeting you guys and I hope to see more of you next time out. :)
raven

Post by raven »

It was great having you guys come out, and a pleasure meet you all, you've got some nice cars (It's too bad they have pistons but still nice :) ). It's too bad the 2 silver MX-3's couldn't make it out to the cruise, but I imagine with those low front end's you would have had some trouble with some of the curves and bumps.<p>Hopefully we'll get more of you all out to the niagara cruise.<p>Raven
93 RX-7

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”