MX-3 2.5 KLZE vs Civic Hatchback GSR Turbo

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
OctaneChicken

Re: MX-3 2.5 KLZE vs Civic Hatchback GSR Turbo

Post by OctaneChicken »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamik_69:<BR><STRONG>hey octanechicken you have a black gs with a hks sticker on the side right</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yep thats Me
jamik_69

Post by jamik_69 »

cool i'm the guy from kevin's wedding
"guess i forgot to put the foglights in"
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

You guys are your hp numbers, think you've whatched Fast & the Furious a few times too many. I'm building up a naturally aspirated KL with a ZE manny this fall/winter and after I'm done I'll have 5 grand spent in the engine and accessories. Then I'll have hopefully around 200whp and be in the mid to upper 13's. So much is involved with making hp, its not as easy as some quick bolt-on's. Manufacturers are so good at blowing smoke up people's asses.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
fatfmx3

Post by fatfmx3 »

if you want to beat the civic you should hav swaped the 1.8 4 cyl turbo (bpt). it is 180 ponies stock running only 5 lbs of boost. with some work and less money spent you could keep or beat the civic. <BR> p.s for every pound of boost its about 8 horse power. with a front mount inercooleer and a boost controller you could change it from 5lbs of boost to 12lbs that about 57 horse more witch would bring it two 240 horse
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fatfmx3:<BR><STRONG>if you want to beat the civic you should hav swaped the 1.8 4 cyl turbo (bpt). it is 180 ponies stock running only 5 lbs of boost. with some work and less money spent you could keep or beat the civic. <BR> p.s for every pound of boost its about 8 horse power. with a front mount inercooleer and a boost controller you could change it from 5lbs of boost to 12lbs that about 57 horse more witch would bring it two 240 horse</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Actually. take a look at this. <A HREF="http://pinkpowa.tripod.ca/braden13vs20psi.gif" TARGET=_blank>http://pinkpowa.tripod.ca/braden13vs20psi.gif</A> <P>This is braden's BPT with a 13 lb run and then with a run on 20lbs of boost.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
fatfmx3

Post by fatfmx3 »

when i say 240 hp i mean at the flywheel. the stock hp. is always rated at the flywheel
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

ya to the comment that civic's are ugly with combat kit's....combat kit's were cool back in 96 and are played out and gay now anyway....civic's have smoother lines then mx-3's (my opinion) and the civic type r is a work of art(I love jdm styling....spoon wheels are awsome)the spoon civic makes me drool
Steve
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fatfmx3:<BR><STRONG>when i say 240 hp i mean at the flywheel. the stock hp. is always rated at the flywheel</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>wonderful, the point is that nobody is going to setup the BPT just like stock....with the crappy little sidemount, and the oem ECU, etc. There are FAR too many variables to include.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”