MX-3 vs Celica, RSX

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
k3n

Re: MX-3 vs Celica, RSX

Post by k3n »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZDASPEED STEVE:<BR><STRONG>But for some reason when I raced a 1990 Celica Gt(manual) with the same mods as me, I kept up with him. I imagine the newer Celica's are lighter? :) :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The older models of Celicas were useless junks. :D not really junk but waaay underpowered compared to the new celicas.. the older ones run at about.. 120 or something.. 40 less than the newer models..
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

gees i think that this is one of the longest posts i'veever seen. my girl friend owns a 94' Celica GT auto and i have a 93' GS 5 spd hwe dad and i raced one day (both totally stock) and i inched on him for about 300 feet then pulled to comfortable leed. the distance was about 1/4 mile down hill (freeway entrance ramp) by the end i was a car and a half infront and about 95 mph. i don't think the new Celica can do much better with the Corolla motor my buddy has one(a Corolla)with intake and exhaust and i can spank his a$$.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oo7sniper:<BR><STRONG>My goal is to get my car as close to 10sec quarter mile as possible w/ the full interior still intact. :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey, your engine is supposed to take that nitrous not you!!<P> :D
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

sup people!!!<BR>lets be real here eh! haha, we are comparing a poor lil 93 car with a 2002! roflmao! c'mon,,,,,<BR>to see some real numbers check these out, <BR><A HREF="http://carpoint.msn.com/Vip/Engines/Mazda/MX-3/1993.asp" TARGET=_blank>our lil MX3</A><BR><A HREF="http://carpoint.msn.com/Vip/Engines/Toy ... a/2001.asp" TARGET=_blank>ahhh, colmicas!</A><BR><A HREF="http://carpoint.msn.com/Vip/Engines/Acura/RSX/2002.asp" TARGET=_blank>damn RSXs</A><BR>we have a chance against all of em, if your in some place where you can go over 160!( after tryin to test my car against all of em in 407) the only person who smoked me bad was an acura NSX (roflmao), by da way our damn cutie suddenly gains some huge power after passing 160 KM/H, i still dunno where from though!!! :)<BR>and now we end the story of experiences of a lil 18 Y/O with a mx3 GS stick! lol :D :D :D :cool:
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oo7sniper:<BR><STRONG>My J-Spec B6T has numerouse parts. <P>-440cc RC Engineering Fuel Injectors<BR>-255lph Walboro RX-7 Turbo Fuel Pump<BR>-APEXi Super-AFC<BR>-NGK V-Power Resistor Plugs (closed gap to 35)<BR>-NGK Performance Resistor Plug Wires<BR>-Accel Super Stock Coil<BR>-PRM Jet Stream Cold Air Intake<BR>-APEXi Silia Inter Cooler w/ 2.25" piping<BR>-Turbo XS Type-34H Racing Bypass Valve (venting to atmosphere)<BR>-Road Race Engineering Manual Boost Controller<BR>-Mazda Speed Motor Mounts<BR>-RX-7 Air Flow Meter<BR>-Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch (Junk)<BR>-All Red Line Synthetic Fluids<BR>-Pacesetter Quick-Shift short throw shifter<BR>-SRD Bronze Oil Shifter Bushings<BR>-16" Pacer Rage Racing Rims (VERY light)<BR>-Nitto NT-450 Extreme Performance 205/40/VR16 tires<BR>-Tokico Blues<BR>-Weapon-R Circuit Pro Coil Overs<BR>-FX-Designs Combat front bumper<BR>-Eribuni Celica Hood Scoop (Fully Functional)<BR>-Auto Meter Sport-Comp Silver 5" Tach<BR>-Auto Meter Pro-Comp Silver Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge<BR>-Auto Meter Pro-Comp Silver Boost Gauge<P>And I've only just begun :D There will be MANY more to come. My goal is to get my car as close to 10sec quarter mile as possible w/ the full interior still intact. It's gonna be tough!!!<P>-------------------------<P>Jeremy W. Miller<BR>93 Mazda MX-3 RS-R w/ J-Spec B6T :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>IF you want 10s, you NEED big slicks and a LSD. The gearing isnt there to get deep into the 10s without BIG slicks. your current tire/spring/shock combo is far from adequate as well. Id suggest some sort of adjustable in the back at least, preferably Konis because of the rebound adjustability. Also, you have a PRM on your turbo? Thats far from ideal, and opening that up with help out quite a bit. The other thing is a good stand alone and tuning.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”