Crash pics

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)

Re: Crash pics

Post by Guest »

Jeff

Seening a bike accident in person is different from sseing a pic. I saw a crash where a bike got hit head on whilst making a left turn, and believe me it played on my mind for a few days. That could have been someones son, husband etc and their life got ended in a split second. Off course the same thing could have happened in a car, but the chances of injury ar far less. I got hit last year in my old mx-3 at 120kph on the highway (totalled) by a truck because the lady never shoulder checked. Touch wood I walked away scratch free. However, If i was riding a bike I would not be here today!!
I am by no means saying u r not an experienced rider or that u r wreckless, but if u get one idiot who hits u or makes u loose control, you are done for. I also saw another crash in aug 2001 on the highway from waterloo to toronto where a bike got hit in the fast lane. Poor guy looked like he may have been a student visiting his parents for the long weekend. How would they feel to hear about this? Also on a bike one tends to get more carried away with the excess speed and sense of freedom. In a car u r in a metal cage that gives u a lot more protection. I know someone who is crippled by a crash and he now says he would never touch a buke, but its too late. I also know of one of my dads friends who got killed. Thats why I feel strongly and I would hate to hear of U oe Cjthor or anyone getting hurt or killed.
Hope u can see my point of view
apnie
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

One of my best friends was killed five months ago in a Motorycle accident. However....he knew the consequences of riding a motorcycle and died doing what he loved....
You just dropped a ZE in your car? U know how dangerous engine swaps are? I mean you could have a short in the wiring or a fuel line come off. We pretty much take our lives into our own hands every day when we leave the house....even then we could have a natural gas line at home leak and blow up the house. I guess what I am saying is that you cannot live in fear of life itself. Yes you are more vulnerable on a motorcycle than say....a Sherman tank but people will still ride.. Thank you for you concern though...
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Post by Guest »

Fair enough Cjthor. I respect your opinion.
Is an engine swap really more dangerous than a stock k8??
Also so u know where david coleman is? I need to talk to him??
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Originally posted by apniechodgs:
Fair enough Cjthor. I respect your opinion.
Is an engine swap really more dangerous than a stock k8??
Also so u know where david coleman is? I need to talk to him??
Any time you modify your car you are taking a chance of something going wrong...especially an engine swap. Dave is around....u might want to try to email him or get him on aol instant messenger.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Post by Guest »

Hi Jeff

I am getting quite a few emails requesting to see the pics. Can I post them with a warning for this peeps?

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”