2004 Mustang

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
quinn_seipp

Re: 2004 Mustang

Post by quinn_seipp »

Food For Thought...
As a history major there is a reason for car companies coming out with car styled after old hotrods and the progression into sport sedans...
The study of demographics is alot to blame for this change... As you all know there was the baby boomer population splurge after the second world war. As they grew into their late teens they were of course into cars, and thus, the muscle car era... As gas prices rose this group started looking for more fuel efficient vehicles, then as they started having kids, it progressed into the minivan. Their kids (modern) are referred to as the "echo". Now that all these baby boomers no longer have little johnny at home they have more money and time to spend on themselves. And hey who wouldn't want to relive the muscle car days without getting 2mpg... There is also a fair amount of money floating around thus the 4 door sedans, which offer comfort yet sport feel.... ;)
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)

Post by Guest »

Ya your right about that, theres still the under lying fact about american cars: high depreciation, limited warranties, low standards for quality, poor fuel economy. Im not saying thats true for all, but it is for the vast majority. And as far as I know quality is getting better but i dont know by how much.<p>Tim Dawson
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Very nice. Supercharged V8 in the GT. 390 bhp. Not bad at all. <hr></blockquote>
:eek: :eek:
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Funny how americans can dog on domestic cars so badly. This is one more mustang that will grace my dreams and fantasies. I for one am a HUGE mustang fan. In fact it was between the MX-3 and a 94 cobra (among a few other cars) the only reason I bought my MX-3 was for insurance reasons. AND, I dunno the last time you guys looked at your car, but it is "bubbly". OMG, what a revelation. You guys sh!t on american construction and quality and say the mustang is a piece of sh!t, but when was the last time you all drove and maintained a Mitsu? I believe they are MUCH worse quality wise than most domestic vehicles. AND if you go back into the late 50's and early 60's those cars were bulletproof. No they may not have had all the luxuries that we now expect from a consumer car, but we expect $100,000 worth of luxuries with a $20,000 price tag. Something has to go somewhere. Like plastic parts that used to be aluminum or steel. You can't expect those to hold up as well as their predecessors. I just think it's funny how someone can rag on a company or a manufacturer without doing tons of research and coming up with proof of fault toward the company itself. To many "I HATE HONDA" type of people. Just because it's branded with a certain name doesn't mean it comes with the same group of flaws that previous models may have encountered. My cusins 74 had over 350K miles before he wrecked it. (and by the way, his car was fixable but he decided he wanted a new one. The 99 sentra was totaled)<p>And all you ford haters have to remember that Ford owns half of Mazda and alot of Ford's technology comes directly from Mazda.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VizualXTC:
Funny how americans can dog on domestic cars so badly. This is one more mustang that will grace my dreams and fantasies. I for one am a HUGE mustang fan. In fact it was between the MX-3 and a 94 cobra (among a few other cars) the only reason I bought my MX-3 was for insurance reasons. AND, I dunno the last time you guys looked at your car, but it is "bubbly". OMG, what a revelation. You guys sh!t on american construction and quality and say the mustang is a piece of sh!t, but when was the last time you all drove and maintained a Mitsu? I believe they are MUCH worse quality wise than most domestic vehicles. AND if you go back into the late 50's and early 60's those cars were bulletproof. No they may not have had all the luxuries that we now expect from a consumer car, but we expect $100,000 worth of luxuries with a $20,000 price tag. Something has to go somewhere. Like plastic parts that used to be aluminum or steel. You can't expect those to hold up as well as their predecessors. I just think it's funny how someone can rag on a company or a manufacturer without doing tons of research and coming up with proof of fault toward the company itself. To many "I HATE HONDA" type of people. Just because it's branded with a certain name doesn't mean it comes with the same group of flaws that previous models may have encountered. My cusins 74 had over 350K miles before he wrecked it. (and by the way, his car was fixable but he decided he wanted a new one. The 99 sentra was totaled)<p>And all you ford haters have to remember that Ford owns half of Mazda and alot of Ford's technology comes directly from Mazda.<hr></blockquote><p>amen botha!
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I for one hate ford and always had, its a chevy vs ford thing, its all about experience and the fact that the last mustangs had such a bad chassy. I never limit myself to having to like a car due to its origin, I look strictly at performance, reliablity, looks, etc. etc. Ford has had many problems in the past, and I'm also not a big fan of underhead cam engines, which the mustang is, the last chassy was even dogged on by car and driver, they're huuuuuuuuuuuuuge, and heavy, and the fact that they change the engine when you pay less is where they made mistakes, and camero did that as well, now its gone, they need to stick with the v-8, the stangs dipped as low as putting 4 bangers in there cars. Go to www.Zcar.com and you'll learn alot about how crappy fords really are from actual ford owners and previous owners. The focus has been recalled 5 times since its debut! Quality control and the fact that there newer cars are huge boats gives me a no go on buying ford.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

I cnat believe you guys like that ugly POS, omg i could write an essay on how lame that is but ill end it here.
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”