Turbo help please

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mazdamaniac

Re: Turbo help please

Post by mazdamaniac »

Someone nudge me, I must have slept through this thread so far. Sorry. :confused: <p>The VAF must go just before the TB. <p>If you meter air that gets blown off after the VAF by putting it before the turbo, you will never get the thing to run right under any load at all because the VAF/ECU are so sensitive.
In either position, it is useless once the airflow exceeds the amount the engine can injest by itself, anyway.
If you put it just before the TB, it will max out as soon as you exceed the maximum engine flow when stock - just after you see ANY boost.
However, if you put it before the turbo, it will max out as soon as the combined amount of the engines intake and the turbo's output exceed that same amount (an amount that is dependant on the flow characteristics of the turbo system itself) which will be acheived at a very low throttle positon under load. <p>Blowing hot, compressed air past the VAF isn't too much of an issue - I consider the VAF a "wear" item, anyway and I have yet to toast one.
mrspanky79

Re: Turbo help please

Post by mrspanky79 »

thanks jeff next time i will try to kick you harder ;)
Maldo thanks for the help but the resson i didnt fallow the other sugestion is because they would just lead into a goose chase and i would end up wores then where i started but i did fallow some of the sugestion and had the anwere to what was wrong right away. But like i said is still interesting to see what people come up with and gets you thinking from diffent angles. Oh jeff dont know if tom gave them to you but i have some nice pictures of your motor from carlisle.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4

Return to “Forced Induction”