rebuild and turbo bolt on

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
VizualXTC

Re: rebuild and turbo bolt on

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N/A:<BR><STRONG>I know I'm a little new to the MX-3 community, but what I want to know is; What are the Pros and Cons of Installing the b6t engine, instead of the 200hp KL-ZE engine? And How much would it cost? Also how much work is there (time consuming), to get both to at least 350hp?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, the B6T is 4Cyl while the KL_ZE is V6. It takes a lot of work to convert from the I4 to the V6. I'm sure it would be easier to convert the ZE rather than the B6T to 350HP becuz it's 200HP stock as opposed to ~150HP. Plus the B6T is already turbo'd. From what I've gotten off this board, you'd have to drop compression on the ZE and turbocharge it, plus do other mods (i.e. intake, exhaust, superchip, intercooler, lightened flywheel, cams, fuel pump, injectors, N2O, etc.) to boost it up to 350HP. You'd prolly also want to build the bottom end to handle the extra power.If you figure out how to do it, then please tell me cuz I'd love to know.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Forced Induction”