Poor Fuel Consumption

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: Poor Fuel Consumption

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by lakersfan1:
My sensor must be goofy then. Even after driving for an extra 50 miles after my low light fuel started coming on, I still couldn't get 11 full gallons in.
That's better than mine. My sensor shows empty after 35 litres; 9.25 gal(US); 7.7 gal(UK).
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
valoncan

Post by valoncan »

Holly smokes brits pay a lot for gas.
I mean i filled my tank today and i paid like 28 bucks canadian and some change and I was complaining. (43 litres or something at 0.67 dollars)
Yeah man, I feel for you brits, I mean why the prices are that high??, doesn't canada and UK have the same standards and stuff?
Anyways, man if I was in britain, i'd get myself and OPEL Corsa or something, with a 1.2 engine, or like a citroen with like a 3 cylinder engine.
Never think that you will get two if you don't give one!!
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

We have a small island and a lot of cars, so we need to discourage car use - or so the government tells us. So most of the fuel cost is tax.

We are used to paying through the nose for fuel - I'd not willingly give up my MX-3 for an economy model.
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
On a tank a couple of weeks ago, my KLZE got 28.3mpg on premium gas....about 95% highway driving.

Last tank was 26.4 in 80% highway driving.

the K8 should get better than this if everythign is working properly.
I've heard more than a few people say there mileage has improved after the KLZE swap. I know mine couldn't get much worse. I'm lucky to get 24mpg US, usually 22-23mpg, with the K8. But at $16-$17 per fill up its not killing me.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
AZ-3,1498cc,UK

Post by AZ-3,1498cc,UK »

I get 200 miles out a tank on a 4 cylinder on Shell Optimax 98 octane. This figure is regardless of high way or city driving or style of driving. This is probably down to Eco-tek valve fitted which gives car as good fuel economy when pushing it hard as normal driving.
V6 MX-3, Black, 17" gunmetal chromes with 205/40/17.
Now gone: Autozam AZ-3(Jap spec MX-3). 91, 1498cc DOHC 120bhp as standard. Manual, A.C, 17" black chromes with 205/40/17. Stainless Steel Exhaust,Pipercross Filter, Eco-tek valve, Strut brace, Racing steering wheel.
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

lol
Mr Mx

Post by Mr Mx »

Readin gthis thread makes me think. You all say about a low fuel sensor. Is this a light as I don`t think I`ve got 1 as my fuel often gets low but I`ve never had a light come on.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

The low level fuel warning light is supposed to come on when 9 litres/2.4 US gal/2.0 imp gal are left. It is not fitted to all cars - I think UK models don't have it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”