what does it take to beat mustang gt

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
13flat

Re: what does it take to beat mustang gt

Post by 13flat »

"why do you set such high goals?? start small.. try beating other 4-cyl and v6 cars that are pretty quick.. celicas, integra gsr, etc.. then move up to v8's if you think you can.. but jumping right to Stang GT's, T/A, SS camaro.. why? i dont get it.."

this guys right on the money, if you wanna pour a bunch of money into the car to make it quick thats cool but start w/a car you can handle and work your way up...
Goal: 1/4 mile time of 13.099 or better, N/A. ...still in the works

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ittfund
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Yup, agreed. All too often I see posts like this "how can i get my car to run a 12". People with little to no experience with any of this stuff expecting minimal mods to drop their cars times from mid 17's to low 12's......n00bs!!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

My personal opinion is that Mustangs GTs are just in the border line of being a muscle car, but they are still fast. It would take a lot of work for a GS to beat one. Probably redoing the whole engine. Now with a kl-ze it's a different story. I think that if the mustang gt is automatic and your gsr-ze is stick -then you can take one.- This is asuming your kl-ze is running good. Now if both are stick then you have to be a really good driver to beat it.
-I have a kl-ze on my mx-3 and i was going to race my cousin -he has a mustang gt - just to see if i could take him, - but i got in car accident a month after i got my engine(not my fault) -so the other persons insurance won't give me the money b/c they say it is too much - well anyways - i have not gotten my car back but when i do i will let you know what happens.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

most stangs i've raced at the track run 13's, but i've beaten a Firebird, and i beat an s-10 with that i belive to have a 350, he redlighted me and i finished nose to nose with him

I got beat by a n00b driver with a turbo sundance, you could tell by the bouncing and slowing down between shifts, but he had ALOT of engine work done and that thing took off quick when he got in gear
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”