honda bashing

Off-Topic Discussions
Sonicxtacy02

Re: honda bashing

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I never said that the type r's suck. I took one vehicle, better yet one highly thought of engine from your opening statements and focused on it. I wasnt attempting to make a general response to the original question. If you'd like an answer to that... i hate on honda's cause there is just too many of them on the roads. I hate on them cause buyers go with the trend instead of being original. I dont race hondas or mazdas or anything else on the road. I mod my car so that it performs the way i want it to. <p>My argument was specifically to one type of "honda", a race inspired honda that still seeks to compete with non race inspired vehicles within its general class. Then you brought up the nsx and that just completely blew up the argument. If i had 80k to spend on a car i surely wouldnt spend it on any Acura.. OR dodge for that matter<p>So in summary... honda makes good products, mazda makes good products etc etc etc. To each is own
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

This is what I think of Honda
Image<p>I have nothing else to say
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> before u guys start thinking im downing mazdas, im just saying each is built different and, like the type-r, it wasnt built for everyone to understand. hondas dont suck drivers do... and so do people with bad taste for styling. <hr></blockquote>
this is what i said in my opening post. would it be different if i said "...and like the civic si, it wasnt built for everyone." i just dont see how u can pick up only partial aspect of what im saying. i mentioned the type-r as one example of many hondas that get bashed. when im comparing a 1.8k8 to a 1.6d16 and even a d15. how come u dont say a d16 has a unfair disadvantage? my opinion and proof shows, its tiny and gets the job done just as well as a k8 if not better. u chose to pic the type-r in my opening so i focused on it. if u dont want to talk type-r i mentioned many other motors that make good examples. <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> I never said that the type r's suck <hr></blockquote>
actually you did in your first post. straight out honda integra type-r. HONDA motor co.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> I took one vehicle, better yet one highly thought of engine from your opening statements and focused on it. <hr></blockquote>
i focused on your point to reply to your post. if your focusing on the type-r and i go on blabbing about something else it would be like posting v6 comments in the 4cyl forum or better yet it would be like this comment
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>
posted December 18, 2002 06:20 PM # | | | | #
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i see, i wanted civic hatch myself to ride it for a while then resell make profit on it, but i am not gonna keep it, only resell to make money for my bel air.
--------------------<p>Apexi muffler, high-flo intake, ractive front & rear strut bars
custom carbon fiber bezel & shifter, indiglow gauges, white painted interior pieces, FX front, Sony Xplod, "18 Konig Rated R rims, c/f hood soon.<p>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 393 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged | Car: '93 MX-3 Limited Edition, '57 Bel Air project, 96 lexus es300, 94 eclipse {/quote]
if u dont want replys to your comments dont post cuz discussions involve reply's.<p>[QUOTE] If i had 80k to spend on a car i surely wouldnt spend it on any Acura.. <hr></blockquote>
not tryin to pick fights with anybody so dont say what u dont mean. im just showing facts, specs and prices on a vehicle u chose to compare to a honda. <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Then you brought up the nsx and that just completely blew up the argument. If <hr></blockquote>
im sorrry if i blew up with a hypothetical version of a 2.7L jdm ze motor. perhaps some simple mathematical work with porportions was to excessive for this discussion. besides, i was wrong on the 2.7L nsx motor. it began in 91 as a 3.0L with 270hp. so with some more simple mathmatical work a 3.0kl would be about 240hp. anyway, im just making a hypothetical comparison and im sorry if i offended you. just know you said 3.0 vr6 is in the same class as a b18cr and nobody else got offended. <p>shaun dont turn it into a personal matter. im not attacking you. you told me your reasons so i feel i should be allowed to speak mine. if you wanna compare something else go for it. im learning even more about hondas than i knew thru this. since your the only one really comming back to the discussion your the only one i answered. natural born honda killer started discussing by saying a car with i/h/e isnt stock so a 13.6 from that car is not a good example. i guess after i mentioned that i/h/e wont make you gain .5 seconds in the 1/4 he stopped talkin. maybe he got offended, i hope not. but maybe i just got rid of one honda basher. <p>like i said, i just wanna know reasoning behind all the honda haters like this below
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>
This is what I think of Honda
I have nothing else to say <hr></blockquote>
its people like those i hoped i would be seeing to explain themselves. probably excuses like cuz dumb kids drive them or what not, but then y ask them for reasoning when all they know is they dont like hondas. dont hate what u dont know. if u were really a car appreciater ud hate the kids for being dumb and ricing it out with each other at the shows the car didnt decide to be rice. to all u idiots this is what i think of you.
Image<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> So in summary... honda makes good products, mazda makes good products etc etc etc. To each is own<hr></blockquote>
totally<p>what do u guys think of the video? imo good entertainment tho street fighter theme isnt something i would have chosen
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

pic didnt come out the way i wanted but oh well u get the point
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

dood i said MOST PEOPLE i never hate hondas, i never said i do. You can come up with all the facts and arguments in the world but your topic plainly asks for OPINION. i'm giving you my opinion and your basically asking for an argument. I wasnt looking to argue with you and i'll leave it at that.<p>Anyone else wanna leave there opinion here :roll:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Now when i said put another engine up against it i'm talkin the GTI vr6, the 3.5 v6 max, and other 200hp and up engines<hr></blockquote>
im sorry but this is really bugging me... who in their right minds would call this an even comparison let alone same class? 3.5 vr6 vs 1.8? c'mon that is just nonsense right there. the 5 valve 1.8t that vw makes is a closer comparison and a way better motor to speak of than the vr6 and produces a 225hp in the tt while being smaller than a 3.5L i might as well compare it to my gf's 1998 e320, its got a 3.2L its closer than a 3.5L but thats retarded. maybe a kl is older but its got a .7L advantage to it not to mention the torque that .7L more produces. maybe good for drag but a swapped 323 will never handle like a swapped honda both driven by equal drivers period. now that was an attack. jk oh yah did i fail to mention that the b18cr first debuted in 1995my as a 1996 model so the jdm ze isnt to much older than the itr. for reference, 1997 and 1998 usdm itr's were on par with japans 1995-1996 (190bhp) motors and the 2000 and 01 were on par with japans 1997 and 1998 spec (195bhp more agressive intake cam i believe) motors. of course with all the emmisions added. what i heard anyway. not concrete so dont hold me to that.<p>but hey lets talk bout a different motors. this one is beaten to death. how bout the b18b or better yet late 80's early 90's there were a b17 i didnt mention and b18 i mentioned that produces 140hp vs a 1.8 b series mazda. i dont know much about the mazdas but they are both dohc i believe.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

alright shaun forget it if u cant hold a discussion without getting offended by facts that are brought up to your opinions thats your problem. your opinions on hondas saying they cannot compare to a 2.5 and 3.5 are obviously candy coated memories but now that u know a 323 kl is slower in the 1/4 from a rolling start you get offended. im not controling your opinion im just showing facts so theres no need to take this discussion as an attack but its just a discussion. calm down nobody is looking to argue. my opinion is that honda makes much more efficient motors and cars that get the job done just as well. prove my opinion wrong with facts or specs. care sales statistics, specs, and results dont lie. i wont be offended if u prove me wrong, its a civilized discussion that im totally over cuz of this retarded misunderstanding or rude awakening
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Hondas suck
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
DVH

Post by DVH »

Holy sh*t .....hey Steeb, ur on a mx-3.com (thats a Mx-3 site), what the hell are u doin??? ok, maybe honda's are good little cars and maybe quick.....but what the Fu*k, i don't know about anyone else, but this is gettin annoying with all ur charts and sh*t.......why don't go and buy Honda if they soooooo GReat ! <p>I'm really not tryin to be rude Mods, just its gettin a little crazy......<p>Hey Curt , im with u , HOnda's Suck, like i give 2 sh*ts if they are fast or GOOD cars.....who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? i don't , anyone else care?????????? MAZADA rox!!!!!!! Bottom line Steeeb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :eek:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

send the hondas my way and u will see a big car with a 725 woop a small car with what, like 1.5-2.0 litres? this discussion is pointless... there is always a faster car... :shrug:
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

6 of this and half a dozen of another. give honda's the respect they need, laugh at the drivers who make there cars look like rolling bill boards. and for the ze vs. a type-r, well i mean duh! friggin 2.5 vs like what, a 1.6! lets just say anyone with enough $ make any car fast. be it a honda,mazda, or even a damn kia!! you ca always say your faster than the people walking right :shrug:
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The_Great_Tonge:
6 of this and half a dozen of another. give honda's the respect they need, laugh at the drivers who make there cars look like rolling bill boards. and for the ze vs. a type-r, well i mean duh! friggin 2.5 vs like what, a 1.6! lets just say anyone with enough $ make any car fast. be it a honda,mazda, or even a damn kia!! you ca always say your faster than the people walking right :D
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.

Post by Guest »

F*ck yeah to that! Amen!
sean_hibbitts

Post by sean_hibbitts »

i swear to god even though i stated i don't hate Honda's but holy ****ing **** there are some real morons driving them a person i met today told me about there 98 and how they bought it for 3000 Canadian!!!!! the previous owner treated it like ****... and the good thing about the person said they will not ****ing rice it up he doesn't want to make Rice o Roni of his Civic and i don't want to either with my MX3.... although it's desperately screaming Intake..... Air Filter...... Headers...... Ground Wires......... Big *** muffler.......... :D :D lols
1994 Mazda MX3
Calling all my Cidia's too the east and the west
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

ok first everyone else that sees the point of this, its not directed at anyway to u guys. i should have said that earlier ehh? lotta guys do give respect to non rice hondas and riced hondas alike, great, you all know who and what im talking about then. if u say in dont like hondas cuz they are absolutely nasty lookin theres nothing to be proven, since beauty is in the eye of the beholder. when people voice their opinions and say hondas suck cuz they are slow its definately going to be challenged. there is always a faster car but most people talking crap about hondas being junk have slow cars.<p>the link below was posted and someone mentioned it now has a b20 blah blah blah. hey just cuz its fast doesnt mean its not rice and that lime grean snot lookin thing is super rice but thats my opinon.<p>http://www.teameci.com/austin.html<p>**** is crazy,i know im on mx-3.com look at how long i been a member. its as crazy as if u start posting up a bunch of specs, vids, and whatever proof you have to prove me wrong about this topic. but nobody would mind if i started posting mazda stuff cuz nobody would be offended by a bunch of kl powered 323, mx3, pgt, mx6 stuff but once some honda specs come up its like "omg were going overboard" nobody would care if i posted opinions instead of facts cuz theres no way for anybodys opinions to be challenged. should i answer with my word? like anybody believes that, nobody even believes dyno charts, specs,vids, and timeslips, many of them in fact. maybe honda motors are newer than other cars but why bag on them when your ride is worse? my car included for many of them anyway, besides the rice. that is the point i was trying to make. i make fun of rice all the time but many people feel that hondas cars are slow is definately bs. thats what the charts and **** are for. opinions on which car is faster is useless, fact is fact but if u want to hold your opinion go for it. i have a mx3 in fact this is my second one. i been on this board long enough and seen so many mx guys talking crap about hondas cuz they are slower most of which cannot distinct the difference between honda and rice. dont talk crap when they have the same kit and the same lights or whatever cuz your is just as rice as the cars u make fun of. someone picked motors to talk about cuz i mentioned it since i thought it would be a good comparison. maybe if i talked about styling people wouldnt be offended since looks cannot be measured with specs or dyno charts. my car is slower than most hondas stock to stock doesnt mean i hate my car and yah im gonna go out and buy me one now... but hey my mx isnt as high tech but to me and all of us great. ok so u still wanna say hondas are slow your is probably slower cuz i know mine is. face the facts. slow car doesnt make it rice cuz if it did every stock mx3, civic, or whatever is rice too from the factory. if u dont give 2 ****s about if a car is fast or good your probably one of those people im talking about.

Return to “Off-Topic”