Color Poll Which is More Popular

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
frogchick

Re: Color Poll Which is More Popular

Post by frogchick »

Unless you know someone who has a body shop with all of the supplies. I am having mine repainted soon and it is only going to cost me the paint. I might even be able to afford glow in the dark powder mix for the green accents. It is $25.00 per 4oz container. If you are going to choose your own paint, some research has proven that House of Colors and PPG is the best quality paint, in my opinion it looks the best and lasts longer when taken care of.
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Clear White baby!<P>I love it. I painted the whipers white and I have a black bra and black headlight covers. It looks hella sweet.
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

How about this<P>Gold starting at the front turning gradually to black approching the rear<P>wish I had the money to do that<P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR>93 Red RS<BR><A HREF="http://www.Geocities.com/j_micho" TARGET=_blank>geocities.com/j_micho</A>
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
AZ_MXer

Post by AZ_MXer »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiggyx7:<BR><B>I got the gay a-- Limited Editon Purple color, is so gay i hate it, i think im going to paint it black, any1 got an idea of the price of a descent paintjob?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Depends on how much body work is required, & whether the door-jambs need to be done, under the hood, etc. Luckily, I have a friend who paints. Still cost me a little over $2G, but it's very near show-quality. a decent job can cost as little as $700-$1000, depending on the above-mentioned items. I paid an additional $200 for a glass shop to remove & re-install my Windshield/rear windows...//TJ <P><P>------------------<BR>You're not here for a long time, you're here for a good time. So pick something you love, & let it kill you...
You're not here for a long time, you're here for a good time. So pick something you love, & let it kill you...
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

Mine's silver. Love it to death. Needs a new paint job because Infiniti (where I bought it) screwed it up. It's been repainted before, but they didn't so hot. My hood is chipped to the metal, and I have some rust in it, so...a new paint job's gonna be expensive for me (sanding to the metal and reprimering the hood, not to mention putting some bondo over the little dents she has from the deer. >_< ) <BR>Does it match my personality? Ehh, I'd have to say so. I'm kinda flashy, and I always loved silver...especially over gold. Always hated gold. I want to put some more silver flake into my paint, but, oh well. That would be expensive. If I ever get my hood scoop, sideskirts, and touring wing...those are gonna be painted black, just so I can put them on now and not have to try and match silver paint.That would be a pain in the butt. All my accents are black, so it would, in fact, match my car...I love my car to death. Would only trade it for a major sports car (Lamborghini, Maserati...something like that) or a Twin Turbo 300ZX (90-something model). Heh. <P>------------------<BR>Zoom Zoom Zoom
MX3Chick

Post by MX3Chick »

Mine is Creek Blue Mica and I absolutley love it! I wouldnt change the color of my car just because its not a popular color and no one else has one in that color around here. I have silver decals on the outside. If I do ever do anything on the outside I want to have a orange section that would start in the front of the car and go along the bottom and then curve up where the door ends and have that come up all the way to where my spoiler would be and on the inside of that have a silver stripe that would run along the orange one. It would match my engine bay then Image<P>------------------<BR>Dont hate me because Im beautiful, hate me because my car looks better than your boyfriends!
Megen Murphy
'11 Hyundai Sonata
94 MX3 RIP 9/8/04

Wanna cookie? ;)
mazdasound

Post by mazdasound »

Mine's a 94 teal gs also. if I were to get a paint job though I'd probably change it to a DARK green (I've seen some mustangs with the color)
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

blaze red and no flaws......at least on the outside...when i can make her go faster then we'll be sweet on the inside too Image<P>hgcmx3
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
Ivy Mike

Post by Ivy Mike »

Mine is the black GS with black leather insides, black tinting on the windows / silver tint on the rear & a big dent on the p.s. door where some fool backed into me and took off. Fits my personallity, sure, except for the dent(?)<BR>It gets WAY hot in atlanta w/ all that black though.<BR>IM
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

Rasberry metallic here. I like it, took me a good week to get used to it. Dunno if it fits my personality although it does stand out and I like that Image If it were my choice of stock colors, I'd go with the Brilliant Black or Laguna Blue. Couldn't tell ya on "aftermarket" colors as there are WAAY too many good ones! I actually almost bought a black SE once, man that'd be sweeeeeet.<P>mason<BR>MX3SE
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

Hey Ivy, did you by any chance buy this car at a dealership in Atlanta for like $5500 with 56,000 miles?? If so, that's prolly the same one I was looking at!<P>mason<BR>MX3SE

masonholmes@hotmail.com
IM12NV

Post by IM12NV »

My car is a tropical (teal) green color, but has paint chips so I'm thinking of getting a silver paint job. I also love fire, so i want to get a thin black flame to go around my car, or even just a long flame along the sides (Doors) of my car. I hate pinstripes because they peel off. does anyone know how much that would cost me? also, i know that macco or maaco, however it is spelled, does jobs for about 500 to 600 $. do they actually come out nice, or should i get the decal and job done at a local professional shop?<P>------------------<BR>- Domenick -<BR>1995 Mazda MX-3
- Domenick -
Tropical Emerald Metallic 1995 Mazda MX-3 RS

Post by Guest »

ANy shop but Maaco! My buddy got his truck painted there. It looks good from afar, but up close , the clear was all Dry spray, Very grainy. You couldnt see a clear image of the outside world on it in the sun, Thats what I like about a good paint job. The clear is Clear and there is almost No oragne peel what so ever. But if not familiar with painting, It can be hard to lay down a flat coat of clear. Its very easy to run it while trying. Just dont Go back over it! when you see a run starting to happen, RUN , or keep moving the gun unless its at a edge or corner you can add more to that area when a run occurs and have the clear drip on the edge and still save the job. Just get a razor blade and Gently smooth out the run until its contour with the rest of the clear. <P> Id love to get a silver with Lots of Metallic Flakes, Good luck either way, <P>CHris
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

I think Maaco is one of those deals where everyone has an opinion. I've seen great cars come from them for $500. Almost show quaity for 1k. This is from a Macco shop in OH I think. Just figured I'd say that since I know not all of their jobs turn out horribly.<P>mason<BR>MX3SE

masonholmes@hotmail.com
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><B>Mazda code 6v in a fresh respray here Image<P><I>PINK POWA</I></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Now thats what i'm talking about, I have the Same, just with a black racing stripe and offset interior.<P><P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE soon to be a GSR<P>http://www.geocities.com/warmachinex0/MX-3GSSE.html

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”