[FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
93vtecklr

Re: [FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Post by 93vtecklr »

wytbishop wrote:I hate beer.
I'm a vodka man myself, maybe some crown on the odd occasion. You should start a company with all these products you're making for us!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

You had me at hello Bishop. But now you've lost me... :(
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I had a bad experience on my graduation day.

I'm a born and raised Calgarian. It was May 25th, 1989. The Flames happened to win the Stanley Cup while I was at my graduation ceremony. You can imagine the madness that ensued. More beer than any 18 year old should ever be exposed to went in my gullet. Then, everything I ever ate came out.

I never recovered the ability to drink ale.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

93vtecklr wrote:You should start a company with all these products you're making for us!
The thought had occurred. Unfortunately, as has been shown over and again, the MX-3 community is simply not large enough to support a company on its own. I need to diversify. It's something that's been rolling around in my head for a while now.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

wytbishop wrote:I hate beer.
When you say you hate beer... do you mean megabrew beer? Because if you're including microbrews and brewpubs with real beer, you're a madman!
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

wytbishop wrote:
93vtecklr wrote:You should start a company with all these products you're making for us!
The thought had occurred. Unfortunately, as has been shown over and again, the MX-3 community is simply not large enough to support a company on its own. I need to diversify. It's something that's been rolling around in my head for a while now.
That's true, however, please don't go to the honda side of life. There's a lot of cars that were not appreciated until they were almost wiped off the map. It's pioneers like you that keep these cars on our streets. Kudos.

EDITED for off topic anecdotes.
Last edited by 93vtecklr on September 15th, 2009, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

soo back on topic :roll: I can't wait to get these bushings... after testing the Whiteline this weekend I am convinced these bushings are going to greatly contribute to my success in autocross :mrgreen:

Thank you Wytbishop for putting in all the time and effort into this project. You, sir, will go down in mx-3 history as a Legendary Member Image
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

So the whiteline bar made a big difference?

+1 I'm excited to see what the next project will be :)
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

onlytrueromeo wrote:So the whiteline bar made a big difference?

If my understanding of suspension dynamics is correct, which I doubt, increasing the swaybar is the equivalent of increasing the spring rate...for example, pairing a swaybar with a rate of 200 lb/in with springs at 300 lb/in is the same as having a car with no swaybar and 500 lb/in springs...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Flyer wrote:
onlytrueromeo wrote:So the whiteline bar made a big difference?

If my understanding of suspension dynamics is correct, which I doubt, increasing the swaybar is the equivalent of increasing the spring rate...for example, pairing a swaybar with a rate of 200 lb/in with springs at 300 lb/in is the same as having a car with no swaybar and 500 lb/in springs...
Only for torsional force. Sway bars don't change the spring rates when both wheels move together (ie. when pitching). So not exactly the same.

And it's a little more complicated, too, because the sway bar uses the opposite spring to assist the loaded spring. That is, when rolling clockwise (making a left-hand turn), the left spring is compressed by the sway bar in order to relieve the right spring.

So, if the opposite spring is, for example, variable rate, the sway bar will have a variable effect on the loaded wheel.

Having said all that, the whiteline made a huge difference for me. Mostly it improved turn-in response; when you pull hard on the wheel, the lateral feedback is instantaneous. Much less waiting for the car to roll before the turning starts. I love it. :)
- Gord
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I have found that I have much less body roll than I did since I got the bushings dialed in. The car turns like MAD! It's pretty sick.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

updates please! :D
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The sleeves are about 3/4 done. I have enough of each part to start putting kits together for shipping. The first 3 or 4 shipments will go out this week in order of deposit payment date.

I only get the lathe for about 4 hours 3 days a week. It took me 4 hours to make 12 sleeves last night. 250 are required in total. I have about 60 left to do. The bulk of the remaining parts are less work than the ones I'm doing right now. I would like to have it done this week, but it will be done next week for sure.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

wytbishop wrote:The sleeves are about 3/4 done. I have enough of each part to start putting kits together for shipping. The first 3 or 4 shipments will go out this week in order of deposit payment date.

I only get the lathe for about 4 hours 3 days a week. It took me 4 hours to make 12 sleeves last night. 250 are required in total. I have about 60 left to do. The bulk of the remaining parts are less work than the ones I'm doing right now. I would like to have it done this week, but it will be done next week for sure.
Wow. :(
- Gord
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Ouch... That's dedication. Keep up the good work.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”