matts 94 mx-3 gs build. MOARRRRR GOODIES

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: matts 94 mx-3 gs build. MOARRRRR GOODIES

Post by kulluminati777 »

mx3matt wrote:i havent gotten them installed yet, i need to finish cleaning up and repainting the control arm then i'll press them in and its just a re/re affair couple hours on the hoist and i'll be cruising.

going to order a set of small mx ball joints and a set of rx7 ball joints the day of install so that whatever spindle i end up having i'll be prepped for install.

the roughest part is definetly going to be replacing the inner and outer tie rods......really not looking forward to that.

Ah ha ok, keep us updated.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

So I should have my control arms ready by the end of this week.

I bit the Bullitt and ordered innovate's new mtx-d fully digital wideband to replace my shifty depo racing one. Hopefully will be here before Friday so I can install on my day off.

Also I should be buying a set of euro minis this week to replace the mazdaspeeds.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

new goodies!!!!!!!

RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Innovate wideband.

Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

forgot to mention i found this steering wheel company making some amazing wheels.

http://griproyal.bigcartel.com/

and these are the wheel i'm looking at lol.
http://griproyal.bigcartel.com/product/royal-plumcrazy
http://griproyal.bigcartel.com/product/royal-chameleon
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Both of those wheels will look pretty slick with the rims you've got on this car.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Those steering wheels look pretty nice!

I love MazdaSpeed badging, but honestly I'd prefer something with grips like what you posted. I hate how most MS wheels widen at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions, making them look slightly uneven throughout. Those that you posted flow way better!! Too bad they don't say MazdaSpeed on them :freak:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

they are expensive wheels but i was an instant fan, from what i've read they are great quality.
i'm even considering picking up the wooden watches they sell lol.

and the dont suck stickers are pretty sweet.

the whole line up of wooden wheels are pure sex.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Those steering wheels are really cool!! Are u getting like a wood look or real wood shift knob as well??
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

I'll be going with a wood wheel custom painted with a purple metallic base and multi color flake in the clearcoat. It'll be mostly purple but have a bit of a colorshift like my wheels.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

So now it's beginning to give me problems during city driving.

Rough idle, slight ide surge at stoplights.

Videos three minutes long sorry for it being boring but please help lol.
This is the only time I miss obd-II

http://youtu.be/vcWFoDbqdVY
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

forgot to mention i picked up a new horn too. i've been having issues with my horn, works occasionally. i'm hoping it is just the horn but if not i'll get it figured out and repaired.

OOOOOOGA HORN LOL.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

If your horn isn't working sometimes, but at others it does, I recommend you pull your steering wheel cover and check the switch itself. When you depress the "button", you are grounding a circuit which causes the horn to sound. If there is corrosive buildup, or a poor connection point, then it would sometimes fail to work.

Basically, take it apart and visually inspect it, if you want to fiddle with it you can remove the clock spring assembly and clean it/lubricate it properly, before re-installing.

I've had to mess with replacing the combination switch previously, and had to figure all of this out first-hand. It's nothing major, just time consuming. You'll find it worthwhile after you can blast your horn at idiots again. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

It's not even on the wheel anymore. Seperate switch on the left side of the dash under the vent lol. If I ever tear the carpet up ill reroute it to the center console.

I semi pulled the trigger on megasquirt ......it's fully loaded in my cart. Just waiting on the last $150 to load to PayPal. I also sent an email about whether I can still get the black Friday pricing.

Nervous and excited all at once, but this is an etest year for me so that worries the s--- outta me. I still have to throw a cat back on it.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

These are the vent visors I got off of kijiji, haven't received the yet. And they definitely need some color change lol.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”