[FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
93vtecklr

Re: [FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Post by 93vtecklr »

Jesse, did you read the tutorials? I kind of understood them, I think it was the crushed bushings and a previous alignment that made it appear that way. The new bushings altered the previous alignment IINM.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

fowljesse wrote: Would you clarify this? I would love it if my rear was lower, especially after i put in the light hatch.
And... Happy healing :wink:
The stock bushings are bonded to the control arms and the center sleeves. When the fasteners are tightened the center sleeve does not rotate and since the rubber bushing is not free to rotate it actually supports a portion of the weight of the vehicle. When you consider that there are 16 bushings on the car in total, that is quite a bit of assistance being given to the springs.

The polyurethane bushings rotate in the control arm and on the center sleeve. So they offer no assistance in supporting the weight of the car. As a result the car will sit just a little lower because the springs are supporting the entire weight.

The alignment will bring the wheels back down a touch when the camber is corrected but there will be a slight lowerign affect I think.

Does that clear it up for you?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I'm glad I have coilovers, I'll just set the height where I want it when I'm done :lol:
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's what I thought. They become a twistable bearing...
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

so with that design being different than OEM does it change the suspension properties as far as the geometry and such? If it lowers the car and no longer has any weight to support, are there any negative effects?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I don't see why there would be. The only changes to geometry are what you would expect due to less deflection in the bushings themselves. I think the selection of springs and shocks will have a greater affect on the suspension than it did. But I also think that it's a good thing because the performance of the suspension parts you purchase will be the only consideration.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Just a quick update.

The bushings I have installed on my car are going well. I have to wait till monday to get the alignment done, but I can already feel better ride quailty than my old ones.

The poly manufacturer and I spoke today and he is happy to stick additional orders in with his day to day runs of other parts. So if anyone wants to continue placing orders I can fill them. Small orders like that may not be at the top of the list but they will be filled.

The original batch is about half done. The Lateral Link Common bushing is holding things up as it represents the largest quantity and they are almost all 70A which takes the longest to cure. They should be done production in 1-1/2 weeks or so. I will absolutely require everyone's final payments by Aug 14. He will not release ANY parts to me until I pay him. I also have to pay for the mold and the sleeve material, so you can imagine money is tight.

I will send out PMs to those who are yet to make final payment.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Dan [Sac]

Post by Dan [Sac] »

Thanks for the updates mang :welder:
'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
'93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods... 10.24 @ 139.5 mph [20 psi] - 545 whp, 490 wtq @ 21psi
1997 Ford Probe GTS (Hybrid) - RWD Conversion - Build Thread
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I will have the money by august 14 :D
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

All payed! :D
Dan [Sac]

Post by Dan [Sac] »

What's the current status on the loot?
'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
'93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods... 10.24 @ 139.5 mph [20 psi] - 545 whp, 490 wtq @ 21psi
1997 Ford Probe GTS (Hybrid) - RWD Conversion - Build Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The poly parts are complete and on their way to me. I have a bit of work to do on the machining end and then it's packaging and shipping. The delivery of the poly parts took longer than I anticipated.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

CAN'T WAIT! I wants now!!!! :lol:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Here’s an update on the state of affairs.

I have been driving on the bushings for a few weeks now. Once I got things tightened up they performed quite well. No squeaking and very good feel.

I am picking the poly parts up tonight. I have to do some inspection and quality control to make sure they are as they should be but I don’t foresee any issues with that. I am also picking up most of the shipping supplies today.

I have been waiting to receive the parts to do the majority of the machine work because I know that there will be some variation between the higher and lower durometer parts and I need to be sure that I can use the same sleeves for either. I don’t want to make a bunch of parts and find out that they’re a little too loose or tight on this or that hardness of bushings. So I have a week or so of machine work to do and then the plating will take a couple of days.

I also wanted to do up some assembly diagrams to make it as clear as possible but I’m not sure where I’ll find the time.

I hope to be shipping within 2 weeks.

Again, I appologize for the long wait, but I want to make sure they are perfect.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to installing them when they get done.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”