Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: Robs '95 RS Daily driver: No more BPT, more likely BP

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:Those rims have one spoke too many for me (i like 5 or 6 spokes) and that yellow on your calipers is awful.

The car looks so much damn better lowered man.

*edit* nice visors, took me a second to realize.
Those are six spokes hahah

And the callipers either need to be redone in yellow or a different colour, I'm not sure what I'll do quite yet.
they're seven spokes! lol

you should do it in....black or.....hum......
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

I may go black, can't think of any colour I want to do it.

I redded up my tails, gonna throw some clear coat on and see how they look on my car.

Heres a pic of the CF hatch that was in my garage for a few days

Snow so I had to put my winters on :(
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

these carbon fiber hatches are "popping" up everywhere...why dont i have one yet :cry: :cry:

and do you think it is strong enough to hold a mazdaspeed wing anyway?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

kulluminati777 wrote:these carbon fiber hatches are "popping" up everywhere...why dont i have one yet :cry: :cry:

and do you think it is strong enough to hold a mazdaspeed wing anyway?
Thats actually the one that was sold to Diezzel on the forum, I just held it for a few days. And honestly, I haven't seen it done so I wouldn't know.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

man that guy is buying everything....

you should have told him you got robbed and they took it then after a few weeks put it on your car an tell him you bought it from some guy lmfao! and sweet red taillights i might take off mine and paint the oem ones red and put those on
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Maybe Anthony will have to sell his Mazda speed spoiler!!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Maybe Anthony will have to sell his Mazda speed spoiler!!
AHA!

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.....he's got JDM front splitters he doesn't even like that he's holding on to.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

So i can no longer wait for Rob to update his own worklog so i'm gonna post an update for him, lol.
I have no pics but i think rob took a couple so hopefully he'll post them up soon.

So a couple weeks ago rob went to an alignment shop to get an alignment and was told that he needed a driver side CV axle and a passenger side ball joint and since i was already ordering parts from rock auto i just put a couple extra parts on my order for him.
We ended up getting him two ball joints just so both sides are new and i also suggested he get outer tie rods since those take no time to do and i was already ordering 2 for myself.
For the new CV there's a little bit of a story but here's what i think it was, Rob had a friends dad who happen to buy a.....95? RS and the seller had 2 reman CV's he never got around to installing and his friends dad only actually needed a passenger side CV. He needed a new headlight so Rob gave him extra headlights he had laying around and in return he gave Rob 3 quarts of tranny oil and sold him the driver side CV axle for $20 but the core return is $90 so technically Rob got paid $70 to take a new CV axle, Rob is one lucky guy......XD

So he came over to my place to get some help from me since i have a bit more mechanical experience than him.
For some reason i thought we could do this job without a pickle fork but quickly realized that it'd just be a lot easier to do with a pickle fork so we went to princess auto to pick one up and while i was there i picked up jack stands and a hydraulic jack since they were on sale ($45 for both win!). Both of his ball joints were seized in place along with the thru-bolt holding the ball joint in so this 3-5 hour job ended up taking us about 8.5 hours to do XD

It was a long tiring day but we had great fun doing it and he shouldn't have anymore problems if he goes to get an alignment.

Oh wait! i do have a couple unrelated pics just to make this post more interesting =D
BTW, my car's lower than Rob's, win!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Evo_Spec wrote:So i can no longer wait for Rob to update his own worklog so i'm gonna post an update for him, lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I'm sorry!

I had two finals today....

Shayne forgot something, I had to sledgehammer the crap out of my drivers side ball joint to get it out of the knuckle. Like I went to town like I was chopping wood with the sledgehammer.
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

Sharp car Rob . Looks much better lowered . Still comfortable though . Not slammed like some pimp ride . HA . Mabye I will sell my MS wing . That makes two hatches . Mabye sell one of those to for a little profit though . I also have some extra CF hoods ?????? We will see . Rob , are you looking for MS sides ? I have those if you are looking . Just put it out there . Let me know .
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yo diezzle share the wealth homie, i need a fiber hood or hatch and hey so you found out your mazdaspeed wing doesnt work?
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Already called dibs on the Mazda speed wing!! Sorry kull!!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Already called dibs on the Mazda speed wing!! Sorry kull!!
:lol: :lol: im good i have one i want some of that carbon stuff! :mrgreen:
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

diezzel wrote:Sharp car Rob . Looks much better lowered . Still comfortable though . Not slammed like some pimp ride . HA . Mabye I will sell my MS wing . That makes two hatches . Mabye sell one of those to for a little profit though . I also have some extra CF hoods ?????? We will see . Rob , are you looking for MS sides ? I have those if you are looking . Just put it out there . Let me know .
if this is the invader hood i would really like dibs on this as this is my #1 favorite hood and i'm only 2.5 hours away from you so no silly shipping =D

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”