Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Tavman's - 93 White BPT Update February 28th

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Was able to get some work done on the car today.
Got my LEDs in! New ones for the gauge and my trunk
Finally found a new manual cluster(I snapped the white covers off where the lights came through behind the gauges and did not like the hot spots from the LEDs)
I also changed out the LEDs from the 4 flat to the 10 round. I find it gets rid of the hot spots but is a touch dimmer. Oh well still happy with how it turned out.
Was finally able to get all the correct hoses for replacement and for my BOV recirc
This little hose was the leaker!! Got new premium heater hose and fuel line clamps. Also changed out the rad hoses cause they were getting alittle soft for my liking.
My piping all freshly powder coated inside and out look fricken awesome!!
Now all that needs to be done is:
- exhaust welded up
- alignment
- front bumper painted and fiberglass front lip
- patiently wait for the snow to melt and roads to be clear

Then it's ready to hit the road!! This car has taken me 2 long painful years to build to this point and I am so close I could taste it. Well I kinda can from the rich exhaust. There are things that I want to do later but atleast I can drive the stupid thing before doing those things.
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
memphis9787

Post by memphis9787 »

Nice setup mate :)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Tavman_1213 wrote:I also changed out the LEDs from the 4 flat to the 10 round. I find it gets rid of the hot spots but is a touch dimmer. Oh well still happy with how it turned out.
What dou you mean 4 flat to 10 round? You got pics of the LEDs?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Went black in between to match the intercooler otherwise I was going to cut them out but decided against that do to the fact that they have structural support. Bumper still isn't done yet but had to put it on for the exhaust and appraisal tomorrow.
Brand new bolts for the front lip because all of them broke. It was a true kick in the nuts because I spent more on those bolts than I did on the whole bumper!!!
Here is the part number for the clip that holds the 2 front lips together.
Fiberglassed the front lip for support as well as the rear trunk cover. Which I also used 1/4 aluminum for extra support going front to back.
Off to the exhaust shop this morning it went!! Surprisingly enough my car did not scrap getting onto the U-Haul trailer!!
Mmmmmmmmmm exhaust!! Had to do the muffler in front of the resonator for the shifter!! Oh well sounds amazing and really quiet!!

http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/Tavma ... c.mp4.html
MUAHAHAHAHA ITS ALIVE!!!!! HAHAHAHA Man I love a sound of Magnaflow exhaust!!! Again no fart cannons allowed on this car!! Its all crush bend for now, if I want to later I will use their template and weld in mandrill myself but that's down the road sometime!!

So the appraisal gets done tomorrow, then I get it insured and plated!!!! Thank god I don't have to deal with any emission crap because I am 100% sure my car would fail miserably. Then its straight to the alignment shop for some correct toe angles. I do have to fix my timing then tune it through the MAF. Also finish painting and fixing the front bumper!! Its all coming together after 2 long and painful years of this build this car will hopefully see the road legally next week!!!!!! Also I have to take my car to my buddies shop so that he can take my tip in a bit cause I forgot to tell the guy this morning how I wanted it placed... woops!!
kulluminati777

Re: Tavman's - 93 White BPT Update April 2nd

Post by kulluminati777 »

Sweet updates, I think your rear tie bar is upside down though. Im not sure i havent had a stock one on for some time now

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showth ... -placement

I love how rust free and new everything is under your car. Very nice exhaust! Quite is good :love2:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

kulluminati777 wrote:Sweet updates, I think your rear tie bar is upside down though. Im not sure i havent had a stock one on for some time now

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showth ... -placement

I love how rust free and new everything is under your car. Very nice exhaust! Quite is good :love2:
Meeeeeaaaa it's on there now and was a PITA to put on so atleast the curve isn't towards the bottom!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Exhaust looks great!

BTW if you can find them there are little black clips that will clip over the vertical supports in the front cover.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So had the guy come an do the appraisal on my car now I am waiting on the report so I can get insurance then she is on the road!!
Bought an SRD rear tie bar from a friend of mine! Took a while to get the ends off cause of all the rust but managed to get the ends off and cleaned up all the rust! Polished up the bar so it's all nice an shinny. But then relized when I was trying to install it that the bolt holes were to small so had to drill then out!!
After I installed it I coated the living crap out of the exterior threads with more anti-seize! Then as a final touch took my power polisher to give it alittle more shine! Oh well it seems like my car is all about the little details!
kulluminati777

Re: Tavman's - 93 White BPT Update April 25th

Post by kulluminati777 »

YES! great idea with polishing it. Never thought of that. Is it a real "chromy" mirror finish or like a shiny brushed aluminum finish?
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Polished aluminum to an almost mirror finish! You can still see the CNC marking but it's very polished!!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

sweet! added to the to-do list. It looks great! good job :)
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

you're so close!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So the golden key to my puzzel came today..... my appraisal!!!!! So I quickly sent it to a couple insurance companies to get quotes from. Once I have insurance then I can get a plate so I can finally drive it!!!!!! Then it will be straight to the alignment shop!! My car was valued less than what I had hoped for but that just means that my insurance should hopefully be alittle less. Personally I know that my car is worth more parted out because of everything I have done to it!!
I should really give it a good clean and wax before next week but I dont know if I will have a enough time this weekend if I can get it on the road by this weekend!! Hopefully but not getting my hopes up of having it on the road this weekend but come monday it will be!!!
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

How does the appraisal work exactly? Do they go from the black book value then factor in the components added/changed?

Do they factor labour or "rarity" at all?

And good to hear you're almost there, I wanna see this thing in something besides your garage haha.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”