[FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Whisper

Re: [FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Post by Whisper »

I thought trailing rears were smaller diameter on the RS?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

So did I for a long time. But measurements were confirmed by Rece.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Ah, alright. Good to know.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Just checking in on this one bringing it back up to the top.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I had a minor miscommunication with the mold maker. He broke his leg in a climbing accident and while dealing with his second, some confusion occurred. It only set the mold manufacturing back a few days though. Mold is set to be on the mill this week and I think off to the poly guy this week. I expect to have the prototypes in my hands and on my car next week. I have the order ready to place and I expect it to take them about 3 weeks to fill.

I'm having a little trouble with the machine work of the sleeves, but that's really the product of a archaic lathe. I'm going to get some time on a more modern lathe and try again. One way or another I'll have it done. Everything else is already arranged.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Progress report...

I emailed with the machine shop today. The mold should be done tomorrow. They will send it on to the poly shop and I am hoping to have a set of prototypes by the end of the week next week. The downer is, I have to go to Houston for work for a week. I am going to arrange to take a couple of days off when I return to install the bushings on my car. Everything else is ready. I spent many hours in the machine shop tonight cutting these...

The finishes suck, but the sizes are right on the money. It's because of that frickin stone age lathe I have to use. I'm going to see if one of the machinists at work is interested in helping me out. One of them probably has something nicer in their garage.

Anyway, I know its taking longer than anticipated, but everything is still right on track.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Sweet, man. Thanks for keeping us posted with the updates.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I have found out in the last week that it would actually be more cost effective to go out and buy a nice mini lathe than to have a machine shop do the sleeves for me. I have a friend with a small but newish lathe in his garage who is willing to let me do some work there. I think though, that I am going to have to upgrade to a stronger material in order to get decent finishes.

Anyway...the poly shop is pouring a test set for me right now. I will be in TX all next week for work but I'm taking the 13th and 14th off to do the test fitting and make sure everything goes together the way it's supposed to. Once I know that everything works it should take a few weeks to get the orders out.

Again I apologize for what seems like a really slow process but I want to make sure everything is exactly right.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Yeehaw :D I'm all for buying tools over paying someone with the tool. Good things take time, that M Factory LSD is only finished now and they are an entire dedicated company!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well happily I just got off the phone with my metal supply guy and I have identified the perfect material. It will reduce my work significantly. I am pleased and you will be pleased with the quality.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Hey wytbishop .. how soon do you think you'll be doing another run? I should have been thinking ahead, but it seems my front bushings are in pretty bad shape. I only ordered a set for the rear, but if/when you do your next run I'd like to get in on a set for the front as well.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

wytbishop wrote:Well happily I just got off the phone with my metal supply guy and I have identified the perfect material. It will reduce my work significantly. I am pleased and you will be pleased with the quality.
Was it a Professor Scott offering you transparent aluminium?
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

nightfire wrote:Hey wytbishop .. how soon do you think you'll be doing another run? I should have been thinking ahead, but it seems my front bushings are in pretty bad shape. I only ordered a set for the rear, but if/when you do your next run I'd like to get in on a set for the front as well.
If you have the money right now there is still time to place an order for front bushings. IF not, I'm not sure how long it will be for another round. It depends on interest. If you want I'll put you down for a full set and we'll just say you're good for it.
Flyer wrote:
wytbishop wrote:Well happily I just got off the phone with my metal supply guy and I have identified the perfect material. It will reduce my work significantly. I am pleased and you will be pleased with the quality.
Was it a Professor Scott offering you transparent aluminium?
Umm...holy vague Star Trek reference dude.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

wytbishop wrote:
nightfire wrote:Hey wytbishop .. how soon do you think you'll be doing another run? I should have been thinking ahead, but it seems my front bushings are in pretty bad shape. I only ordered a set for the rear, but if/when you do your next run I'd like to get in on a set for the front as well.
If you have the money right now there is still time to place an order for front bushings. IF not, I'm not sure how long it will be for another round. It depends on interest. If you want I'll put you down for a full set and we'll just say you're good for it.
Ok, sure. :) I'll paypal you next week.. I just moved into my new triplex and the city has been raping me with taxes and fees. I swear they have an entire department just to make up names for different "processing charges" to add on top of taxes.

How much more do I owe ya? Can you make em 90 weight/durometer rating?
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

OK kids. I got 'em. The prototype set is on my desk. Here are some pictures of testing basic fits and stuff...

LCA Rear shelled bushing...

Trailing Arm Rear bushing...

Trailing Arm Front bushing...

The complete set of bushings...

From left to right...

Lateral Link Front Inner and Outer and Rear Inner (these six bushings are all the same), Lateral Link Rear Outer (2), Trailing Arm Rear (2), Trailing Arm Front (2), LCA Rear (2), LCA Front (2) (I haven't cut the sleeves for the LCA's yet).

Persons purchasing a full kit will receive a full tube of Jet-Lube Silicone Compound DM. Others will receive a smaller but still generous quantity (sorry but it's frickin expensive). Everyone will receive the necessary number of metric fender washers.

These bad boys will be going on my car on Monday. I am very happy with the quality of the parts. Sizes are right on the money and the finish is excellent. Once I'm happy with the fit of everything (and it looks perfect so far) I will place the order...probably Wednesday or Thursday. Once I do that I will alert everyone that any outstanding payments are due. Your bushings will not be shipped until I have your final payments. Barring scheduling difficulties with the poly guys I expect about a 3 week turn around on the complete order. I expect to have everyone's parts in the mail by August 7th.
Last edited by wytbishop on July 12th, 2009, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”