fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks 93SOHC. I love it, too!
That's good to know that you cruise at that high AFR, Hec. I've read alot about it, and I think 17 is safe, and I'm going to retard the spark at that point in the grid, too, and then lean it a little more. Yeah, my sensor is good. It's the dial type, and cuts off at 18:1, so when throttle is closed in decel, it pegs at 18, and megaSquirt just pegs at 15.7:1. I just loaded TunerStudio, which is easier to configure, so, hopefully, it'll read to 19:1, so I know when I'm too lean. Lean burn engines lean up to 25:1, and they didn't mention special pistons, exhaust valves, etc... so I think the KL can easily handle 18:1 at low IM vacuum. I'm looking into an exhaust temp sensor, just in case.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Update!!

I just got a trans-saver, Colt 210 cams, 65mm TB, and Fidenza flywheel. I'll have the Fiberglass hatch, and carbon Fiber hood installed by this weekend! It's going to be a quick car!
Pictures to come :D
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

What's a trans-saver?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

its for probes and mx6's it strengthens the bottom of the transmission were they have problems because of the mount deisgn on them.

Its a total waste of money for the mx3 because its not needed
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Kool! pictures needed. I was thinking the same thing mx3autozam, but didn't want to kill Jesse's buzz. Your meaner then me I guess. (trans saver) :shrug:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Well, if that's true I wasted $20 :shrug:
My understanding was that it also gave some external reinforcement to the case, for when the gears try to "Walk out". I didn't study the case, or the Trans-saver at all (I just got it with all the other stuff). If someone can convince me that it wouldn't help anything at all, I'd sell it to someone that it can help. I don't want the extra 2lbs. on my car, if it's useless!
I'll put up pictures of everything, soon, and of when they meet their new engine component friends.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I had got one for mine, just in case, but my car wasn't on a diet either. Figured it couldn't hurt to have.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Here is apicture of the 65mm bored TB I put on:
It works great! Idle is perfect. The throttle is alot more responsive, which may be a problem, especially when I put on the Fidenza flywheel. I already have to be careful with the torque. You'll notice that the butterfly plate is flat on one side. they cut away that half of the shaft, which makes the airflow more smooth at partial throttle, and when it's at WOT, the bump on the other side won't make a difference. I may still hourglass it, but probably not.
65mm exactly matches the inner diameter of the IM, so I ythink any bigger would be pointless, unless the IM was ported more. To fit with the KLG4 IM, I had to alter it a bit. It's a DE TB with the stepped cam linkage. I took it all off, cut the shaft to the primary cam, and put the secondary cam on the Butterfly shaft (for the springs), and cut off the exessive "L" shaped part of the linkage. Then I put the primary cam (the one that the cable connects to) on the shaft, and cut the excess of of it. Actually, I didn't cut any of it, because the tensile strength was too hard, and my hacksaw would just scratch it. However, with high tensile strength, you lose sheer strength, so I put a Vice-Grip on them, and bent them back and forth until they broke where I needed them to.

I made a AIC blockoff plate out of a Soda can:

Here is my Fidanza flywheel:

I forgot to get pics of the cams, but they look like stock cams :shrug:
Soon, it will be an awesome beast!
I'm getting the adjustable cam wheels from Marco, :D
Last edited by fowljesse on March 1st, 2010, 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Fidanza not Fidenza. sorry it just bothers me that so many people call it that and its on the box and the bigass sticker it comes with and on the website.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

mx3autozam wrote:Fidanza not Fidenza. sorry it just bothers me that so many people call it that and its on the box and the bigass sticker it comes with and on the website.
Ya Jess if you don't spell it right that's 5hp off your engine. :P So your spending your drug study money, maybe you can get "Bubba" to give you a hand with the mods. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Gawd he is meaner! :lol:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Fadanza?!
Man. I can't believe I misspelled something :shock: That would bother me, too, if I saw something constantly spelled wrong. I never paid attention, because I never thoght I could afford one, but it came up for sale for cheeeeap :)

Haha, Dan. I'm done with BUbba. He will no longer be able to do studies there.
I wanted to also mention that since I blocked off the IAC, I also put metal tape over the openings in the TB bore, for smoother airflow. It may seem silly, but all these little things add up.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

fowljesse wrote:Fadanza?!
Man. I can't believe I misspelled something :shock: That would bother me, too, if I saw something constantly spelled wrong. I never paid attention, because I never thoght I could afford one, but it came up for sale for cheeeeap :)
hahahaha, you spelled it wrong again XD
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

fowljesse wrote:Haha, Dan. I'm done with BUbba. He will no longer be able to do studies there.
I wanted to also mention that since I blocked off the IAC, I also put metal tape over the openings in the TB bore, for smoother airflow. It may seem silly, but all these little things add up.

You are so horney for every horsepower you can squeze out of that motor.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

lmao! lol that was awsome john
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”