Official Rant thread.

Off-Topic Discussions
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Official Rant thread.

Post by Josh »

HAHA, I think as long as it is more like a QnA who cares. but i have noticed that as of recently a lot of individuals will have conversations or go on tangents within someones WL. It's really like WTH. Like i dont mind when someone asks me a question but but it should pertain to the WL and or something dealing with their car that is similar to something that you have done on yours. IDK it just seems like a lot as of late and to newer WL starters.
Savin

Post by Savin »

I really don't post much anymore because of the spam-post/random offtopic chat in threads in general. There is an offtopic forum section for just that. Even when it comes to my own worklog, I hardly post in it. I could be like a bunch of others and update it with every little thing I do, but what's the point? Why not wait till I've done a lot of things and then just make one post? It keeps the worklog small and more organized.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I think it's pretty natural to see something in someone else's worklog and want to do it on your own car. I don't mind text responses that are short but when people post pics and other things that are unrelated, especially if on a tangent to make a "point" (on the internet no less), that's where I see the line being crossed.

From what I've seen some people just read between the lines too closely and pick apart every word people say. I'm sorry but in my opinion, that's just not healthy. This is the INTERNET. If you disagree with how someone communicates, state your position and get out, or just ignore it and move on with your life. :shrug: and I'm not talking about blatantly flaming a n00b or something, that's totally fine if everyone agrees that they are failing at communicating :freak:

I actually get confused to this drama - personally I have never had an issue with anyone on this forum.... :confused2:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

SuperK wrote: And because we can apparently call out Dan [sac] publicly on this forum I'm going to call out Blake, Mrmazda92 who once again has reported me to moderators because of my comment when I lashed out and told him to SERIOUSLY chill out because every post in people's worklogs are about himself.
This is the rant thread Kris... I attempted to contact Dan[sac] repeatedly on PT as well as MX-3.com, to 2 effects:
PT - He banned me, 3 times, on 3 separate accounts, with no warnings(as PT rules state you will receive prior to a ban, depending on circumstances)
MX-3.com - In lieu of banning me(as he had no power to), he ignored my messages completely.
SuperK wrote: I welcome any and all attacks so feel free to offensively attack me for what I have just said.
I frequent this forum for 3 reasons:
- Learning from other members(including ideas inspired by their cars, which I often like enough to warrant emulating the ideas myself, which is why I post in worklogs)
- Sharing what I have learned(whether it's something as simple as how to post an image on the forum, or something completely unrelated to MX-3s, I'm happy to answer any questions I can, knowledge/information should be free for all.)
- I genuinely like the vast majority of the membership, and value the friendships that have come out of my time here. I've met only a dozen or so people in person thus far, but continually look forward to meeting even more, and sharing our common passion for a long time to come.

I have never logged into the forums with the intent to "attack" anybody... The reason I forwarded your post and PM to the moderator staff was simple, I wanted to avoid a repeat of our last conflict.

I'm probably feeding into drama by even replying here, but I want to set the record straight on this topic, before any misconceptions get out about my character. I don't attack you, or anyone for that matter; Life is full of enough crap, without intentionally starting more just "for the hell of it".

I'll ask again, this time publicly; please let it go, and stop trying to antagonize me. You won't elicit a negative reaction out of me, only push others away from the forums. I have no reason to argue, no reason to fight, and many many reasons to move on from the drama.

That is all that I have to say on this topic, and I hope that nobody looks down on me for having said what I did. I'm keeping things as non-confrontational as possible, because nothing but negativity can come of this.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Mooneggs wrote:I think it's pretty natural to see something in someone else's worklog and want to do it on your own car. I don't mind text responses that are short
I feel the exact same way.
I've spent many hours digging through worklogs(yours included), trying to find a "how-to" or step by step guide for many projects, and in most cases(you being an exception) I have a great deal of trouble finding them. (Remember my worklog suggestion post about signatures cluttering up worklogs?)

Pile of rd1 is a good example, as most of his projects are documented on clubprotege, which is exactly why I ask questions in his worklog here. The information isn't mine to re-post as a guide, and asking in the worklog is a good way to get him to post it where people already naturally look... For the most part, I do much the same in other worklogs as well. For lengthy questions, I send PMs regularly... Ask Josh, youdirtyfox, Pile of rd1, babybluemx3(if he ever logs in again), and FowlJesse. I only make the post IN a worklog if I feel the answer to the question would benefit others on the forums, I'm human and make mistakes, but I certainly don't intentionally clutter people's logs. :)
Mooneggs wrote:I'm not talking about blatantly flaming a n00b or something, that's totally fine if everyone agrees that they are failing at communicating :freak:
Hah, honestly I've seen far less noob flaming lately! People have been very patient with them, from what I've seen. :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Edited: but left the gif cause the little girl is just too cute

@mark - yes that's what I am talking about. It is one thing to like post in someones WL, just seems that as of recently some are going off on tangents completely unrelated to the WL or the OP of said WL.
Last edited by Josh on December 7th, 2012, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Josh wrote:^^ look what I have started up again...

calm down blake he didn't mean anything by it.

@mark - yes that's what I am talking about. It is one thing to like post in someones WL, just seems that as of recently some are going off on tangents completely unrelated to the WL or the OP of said WL.
Blake appears to be calm in his response, I'm not sure what you mean by saying this... please clarify (unless it was completely sarcastic).

Also I have seen some of the things going down in WL's. I agree that they should be focused on the OP's car. Are you proposing I automatically edit/delete posts at my discretion? My approach is that I've tried to post a note in those that went astray asking the OP for cleanup. Please send me a PM with specifics and I can follow up with those worklog owners. It's very possible I missed some of these you mention. I try to read the majority of forum posts but I can't read them all... Usually I am alerted to something that needs mod attention by a member flagging a post or sending me a PM... If that doesn't happen, yes I could miss it.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Mooneggs wrote:
Josh wrote:^^ look what I have started up again...

calm down blake he didn't mean anything by it.

Blake appears to be calm in his response, I'm not sure what you mean by saying this... please clarify (unless it was completely sarcastic).

Also I have seen some of the things going down in WL's. I agree that they should be focused on the OP's car. Are you proposing I automatically edit/delete posts at my discretion? My approach is that I've tried to post a note in those that went astray asking the OP for cleanup. Please send me a PM with specifics and I can follow up with those worklog owners. It's very possible I missed some of these you mention. I try to read the majority of forum posts but I can't read them all... Usually I am alerted to something that needs mod attention by a member flagging a post or sending me a PM... If that doesn't happen, yes I could miss it.

I was being sarcastic... Blake knows that ;) I am kind of a smart @$$ But back on topic I was ranting because it is annoying, nothing in particular stands out. I felt that if I posted something about it here then those whom are doing it may or may not see and be like, "oh wait I do that perhaps I should not". I did not mean anything negative by it. I am sure that some welcome it, but some may not. i just was "ranting" about how I feel about it as of late.

I apologize if I upset or offended anyone by it.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I'm not calling into question people's character, I'm calling out the fluff in the forum, and there's way too much fluff in especially the worklogs. Just because a post is positive doesn't make it creative, constructive, helpful, informative or any combination of the sort.

Josh, I believe I do mean something by what I said. ANY individual who "puts themselves out there" or in the spotlight is more highly subjected to criticism than an individual who keeps quiet. I am more susceptible to criticism because of my previous comment and I realize that, so I do understand I can be under flak and have a higher chance of an offensive comment. That's cool, though. I cannot expect to be able to post in peace everything I want to and be without concern of being under fire by something I say.

This forum is SUPPOSED to be primarily an informative TECHNICAL forum, the worklogs are supposed to be a showcase of your TECHNICAL work. When you define what a quality post is in this forum, it is relative to the forum you're posting in. A positive post isn't necessarily a quality post. And when you're posting on average almost 4 post a day, 7 days a week for a few years, the likelihood of your posts being low quality and spam are substantial. The same can be said when you have a 20-page worklog with enough worked on content for a couple pages and over a dozen fluff pages. Then it's a "idealog" with no tangible content for people to digest.

If I were to demonstrate a quality post, I would take for example, comparisons with cross referencing products, like brake sizes, or comparing rod weights (to keep the SuperK/MrMazda92 reference trend here). Those are quality post that have digestible information. Saying that you can use a certain rotor with a certain hub with a certain wheel size, etc. Or Comparing the weights of a stock rod vs a forged or otherwise compatible rod.

When you question or elaborate on a procedure is also considered quality as it clarifies and expounds on information that others either don't know how to ask, didn't consider, or even assists the OP in his objectives or goals. Those post would include either additional information (such as, "those rods do require a larger wrist pin you forgot to mention, and an alternate piston option", OR asking, "Are they compatible with my stock pistons? Did you notch the block?" OR making a statement, "I bored out and got a custom wrist pin for my stock pistons to make them work when I performed the same procedure.")

What I DON'T consider a quality post is when someone says, "Good job. Let's talk about what I'm going to do now." "I like what you did, let's divert the thread to what I'm going to do now." " Personally I'll be doing XYZ different than yours." It doesn't add value to the OP's build and diverts the attention from his original plans and works. I don't really care what you're doing on your car, I'm in OP's worklog to read about OP's car.

I don't always make quality posts, all of us makes non-quality posts. but it's trending more. I miss reading about the real work that's being done, not the imaginary stuff. "Fantasy Automotives" hold very little value.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I don't see what pleasure you take in dragging this out, especially after I've asked you repeatedly to stop. I've been polite, courteous even, editing my own posts when you mentioned having taken offense at my wording, even going so far as to APOLOGIZE for being vague and unintentionally insinuating something negative.

Seriously, just tell me exactly what you hope to accomplish by this, so I can appease you, and end the slander.
It would be extremely easy for me to make negative posts about you, many composed solely of your own words, but what would it accomplish? You will want "revenge", and then I will want "revenge", and then everybody(not just you and I) will suffer for it. Last time I checked, that's counter-productive, and a complete waste of time and energy.

I propose a simple solution: How about you put me on your ignore list, so you don't have to be subjected to reading my posts... and I'll do the same, to the benefit of all?

Edit:
It is done, on my end at least. Future posts show up with a link, requiring me to actually WANT to read them. Future PMs are automatically deleted by the system. I can't control anybody else, but my part in this is done.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on December 7th, 2012, 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

On the Canadian Nissan Truck Club forums, posts get off topic all the time. This is what's known on the boards as "asshattery". This is a common affair and actually is part of the cohesion of the club, where it's not a good thread if it hasn't gotten off-topic. This is what makes the forums enjoyable and entertaining. This isn't a group of kids either, we're talking about that the average member is actually older than me, the large majority having a significant other with kids.
Bow_Tied wrote:^LOL CNTC:Asshattery in Every Thread!
If information or help is needed, there's plenty of guys with plenty of experience and resources, a few guys work/worked as Nissan as a mechanic, another is actually a service manager at one of the dealerships around Toronto. They know how to help and be serious, but also know how to joke around. a---hattery may actually not be limited to the confines of the Internet :lol:

It all depends on what you want and how serious to take it. I couldn't care less how off-topic my threads get. I only care about the use of false information, but I guess that's just me.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:It all depends on what you want and how serious to take it. I couldn't care less how off-topic my threads get. I only care about the use of false information, but I guess that's just me.
There have been plenty of times where you and I haven't seen eye to eye, and in this case we do.
Thank you for contributing Mike.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MrMazda92 wrote:There have been plenty of times where you and I haven't seen eye to eye, and in this case we do.
Thank you for contributing Mike.
I call and say things as I see it and as it is relevant. Because I've disagreed with someone in a past thread doesn't mean I'll go about to go out of my way to contradict what they say every time they post. I also won't defend someone I have a better standing with even though they are wrong or I disagree with what they say.

One example of non-Internet asshattery ;)

(no, we're not a bunch of rednecks, lol)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

asshatery! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just click on there profile add as foe and problem solved :mrgreen:
You wont be able to see there messages anymore :confused2:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Eh. Maybe I take the worklogs too seriously. It's like my one safe haven for information without all the argumentative debate, since people are actually DOING stuff in the worklog. I wanna see more work and less... alphabet soup.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “Off-Topic”