Throttle Position Sensor

Off-Topic Discussions
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote:
Custommx3 wrote:I think this needs to be moved to Off topic :)
Your joking of course after this length of time..... gosh darn
I think Barry's givin' me the hint :wink:

Here we go to "Off Topic" .........
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Tell you give a guy a few more bytes of power and they all change...

Anyway Cheers to you all, John and Grant Merry christmas have a
good new year and get where your going and home again in one
part so you can annoy the hell out of me next year and next Xmas...

Ive got no idea where im gong to be, think a bottle of white and a
cold roast chicken on a west coast beach this year, Don't really do
xmas like everyone else, bit of a painful time of the year......

So yea Merry Xmas peeps .....
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

kiwi_MX3 wrote:Tell you give a guy a few more bytes of power and they all change........
:oops:

kiwi_MX3 wrote: Anyway Cheers to you all, John and Grant Merry christmas have a good new year and get where your going and home again in one part so you can annoy the hell out of me next year and next Xmas...
Thanks Matt!!

kiwi_MX3 wrote:Ive got no idea where im gong to be, think a bottle of white and a cold roast chicken on a west coast beach this year......
Hey, that doesn't sound too shabby at all Matt.

Were doing well as the longest thread too.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

Couple questions.

First : When in diagnostics mode, I put my ket in , turn to ON position and I can hear my driver side fan kick on for a second then shuts off, should this be happening ?

Secondly : I was going to do a TPS adjustment myself to learn how to do it after MAZDA ripped me for one now, when I use diagnostics mode, turn the key to ON nothing happened hat time but I moved the accelerator hinge for the TB and my fan kicked on and as long as I had the butterfly open, the fan was on - Is this supposed to be happening ? and does it mean it's set properly ?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

93_mx3_gs wrote:Couple questions.
First : When in diagnostics mode, I put my ket in , turn to ON position and I can hear my driver side fan kick on for a second then shuts off, should this be happening ?
Secondly : I was going to do a TPS adjustment myself to learn how to do it after MAZDA ripped me for one now, when I use diagnostics mode, turn the key to ON nothing happened hat time but I moved the accelerator hinge for the TB and my fan kicked on and as long as I had the butterfly open, the fan was on - Is this supposed to be happening ? and does it mean it's set properly ?
Some people like to subscribe to the fan ON/OFF method for setting the TPS which is not very accurate, but close.
Q1 - Yes
Q2 - Are you saying that the drivers side fan no longer comes on like it used to when in diag mode and you first turn the key on? The fan will come on and stay on as soon as your past the initial threshold of the throttle linkage set point. However the first small amount of movement of the throttle linkage should not trip the fan, that is why it's best to follow the correct TPS adjustment procedure. If you go to the V6 forum, I've posted a "How to" wrt setting the TPS. Doing it the right way made a big difference than the fan method, which is by the way what the ZE installer was using when he set my car up - go figure. I chased my tail for over 6 months trying to sort things out using his methods (fan method), until I followed the correct TPS setting procedure. It works really well now!!

*edit* ooops, M I bad? TPS adjust is now in the V6 FAQ. Here's the link;
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47561
FWIW, this thread has evolved to a non technical nature and is in this forum for that reason. Further TPS Q's can be posted in the applicable performance forum.

OMG, Matt and Grant, an actual TPS related question ...... how'd I do.....LOL

Last edited by jschrauwen on December 28th, 2005, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

jschrauwen wrote:
93_mx3_gs wrote:Couple questions.
Some people like to subscribe to the fan ON/OFF method for setting the TPS which is not very accurate, but close.
Q1 - Yes
Q2 - Are you saying that the drivers side fan no longer comes on like it used to when in diag mode and you first turn the key on? The fan will come on and stay on as soon as your past the initial threshold of the throttle linkage set point. However the first small amount of movement of the throttle linkage should not trip the fan, that is why it's best to follow the correct TPS adjustment procedure. If you go to the V6 forum, I've posted a "How to" wrt setting the TPS. Doing it the right way made a big difference than the fan method, which is by the way what the ZE installer was using when he set my car up - go figure. I chased my tail for over 6 months trying to sort things out using his methods (fan method), until I followed the correct TPS setting procedure. It works really well now!!

OMG, Matt and Grant, an actual TPS related question ...... how'd I do.....LOL

*edit* ooops, M I bad? TPS adjust is now in the V6 FAQ. Here's the link;
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47561

The fan still kicks on like it used to in diag mode. I kinda had about a week time lapse between those happenings XD

Return to “Off-Topic”