kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's chrome hated ghetto cruiser

Post by kulluminati777 »

also i was thinking of getting the hood pins covered (dont like hood pins)

Can i just use the hook on it like the oem hood?
Is it hard to cover those holes with a new CF piece?
or do i absolutely NEED hood pins.....
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I would highly recommend using hood pins.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Hood pins are very very much necessary. It would be a damn shame if the hood and your car got damaged by the hood flying up. The designs aren't very innovative or good looking for hood pins so your options aren't very good. For the most part you don't notice them unless you look for them or are looking closely at the car.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:crying: :crying: :crying: i dont wanna have hood pins :crying: :crying:

but for real the hood cant use the oem latch?...thats wierd but i guess ill get the pins...im just crossing my fingers and hoping shipping isnt super expensive.....but knowing me ill get the thing no matter the cost :shrug:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

kulluminati777 wrote::crying: :crying: :crying: i dont wanna have hood pins :crying: :crying:

but for real the hood cant use the oem latch?...thats wierd but i guess ill get the pins...im just crossing my fingers and hoping shipping isnt super expensive.....but knowing me ill get the thing no matter the cost :shrug:
The thing is, the latch could break off from the CF and remain where it should be but the rest of the hood will fly up and hit your windshield and possibly tear off at the mounts.

If you don't mind me asking, where is it being shipped from?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

most of the aftermarket hoods put a latch in place for the OE latch but for some reason they are smaller than the OE rod latch. I installed hood pins after I was drafting my dad's B16a Delslow at 105mph and the left and right side of the front of the hood was flapping like 4" up in the air. Installed hood pins a week later with a safety wire. The VIS hoods are heavier than some of the others and in many cases they utilize the OE latch bar. I did not run pins on the RX8 and it was never an issue.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i think
RobMinhas wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote::crying: :crying: :crying: i dont wanna have hood pins :crying: :crying:

The thing is, the latch could break off from the CF and remain where it should be but the rest of the hood will fly up and hit your windshield and possibly tear off at the mounts.

If you don't mind me asking, where is it being shipped from?

you do have a point on the pins...and im trying to buy it off a member from Canada, its just a little tricky because i have literally 3 addresses to ship to (apo box, german home address, or my "shipitapo" addressse) so i will get different quotes and thats also depending on if its too big...i mean its way bigger then a MS front nose so im guessing shipping will be in the 5 or 600 range....i just hope not i also might have him hold it till i get back to america in november and then it will be cheaper....
Josh wrote:most of the aftermarket hoods put a latch in place for the OE latch but for some reason they are smaller than the OE rod latch. I installed hood pins after I was drafting my dad's B16a Delslow at 105mph and the left and right side of the front of the hood was flapping like 4" up in the air. Installed hood pins a week later with a safety wire. The VIS hoods are heavier than some of the others and in many cases they utilize the OE latch bar. I did not run pins on the RX8 and it was never an issue.
i guess ill make my final decision after i get the hood on the car....
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

just a couple of more third brake light pics just in case u guys were curious on how it looks on the car.....

day pic

day pic brake

night brake

the camera doesn't pic up the night to well but it looks good in the car behind it.....
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

nice work with the 3rd light!

As for your hood dont risk it and just buy pins to be safe, atleast you can always get these in CF and no one will know at first glance:http://www.aerocatch.com/aerocatch/part-numbers
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I want your brake light!!! 2 tone looks good on your car too...

Would you please be so kind as to make a write-up for the brake light? I want to do that now, seriously!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Sleeper6 wrote:nice work with the 3rd light!

As for your hood dont risk it and just buy pins to be safe, atleast you can always get these in CF and no one will know at first glance:http://www.aerocatch.com/aerocatch/part-numbers

those look pretty cool i have never seen those before...or maybe i to didnt notice them at first glance
MrMazda92 wrote:I want your brake light!!! 2 tone looks good on your car too...

Would you please be so kind as to make a write-up for the brake light? I want to do that now, seriously!
It was just a decal overlay i ordered, the link is on the previous page but BE CAREFUL dont just try and stick it on because it wont go i messed up one doing that and had to get another one. Just put it on the same way as tint...first wet with warm soapy water, put it on, slide it into place, also some of the letters are not apart of the decal so u have to pull them off after then stick them in the right spot, then take a blow dryer to it so it forms around the letters on the plastic of the light (you will know when u see it) then let it dry and slap the light back on. They say its fot the outside of the car but i thought it was better on the actual brake light....took maybe 15/20 minutes.....also on the website they have "zoom zoom" "mazda" and "Mazdaspeed" in two diffrent versions (mine is version 2)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
no two tone, my car is solid brilliant black but the rear is a little faded...i plan on getting the whole car resprayed once i touchdown in the U S of A.....black again of course
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

These are my hood pins on the RS

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_imag ... medium.jpg

the only problem with them at all was that the CF is laminated so to keep them nice and not foggy over time you have to hit them with some UV clear coat.

Also another thing to do is drill out the hood stops on the front brace and put in adjustable rubber stops. I went through the wrecker to find some that would work perfect. It makes it easier to do the final adjustments with the latch and whatnot.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thanks for the info, I'll check that out! :)

On the Two tone thing... I was looking through 3 worklogs, and for some reason thought yours was black/silver, my bad! :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Thanks for the info, I'll check that out! :)

On the Two tone thing... I was looking through 3 worklogs, and for some reason thought yours was black/silver, my bad! :lol:

:lol: :lol: yeah my 20 year old paint isnt as hot as it once was...
Last edited by kulluminati777 on March 10th, 2013, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
driftfan3

Re: kulluminati777's All show and no go....

Post by driftfan3 »

where did you get the traction bars? how do i get em
mazda mx-3 1.6l(first car) ihi vj14 (323gtx turbo) gs suspention soon megasquirt out in indianapolis in

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”