[FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Towona

Re: [FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Post by Towona »

Put me down for hard as a rock except for those you recommend to keep soft (I think mine is already set this way).

Just for future reference, is it possible to order individual bushings after-the-fact if one needed to change a bushing out for a different hardness?

Also, I do have an RS but am looking to swap the drums for GS discs so I will want the appropriate rear bushings for the GS (I have the entire rear GS subframe).

Another thought... I will also be looking to swap in the GS steering rack and possibly the front subframe so I can mount the front lower tie bar at the same time.... Does anyone know if this front subframe swap is plausible? ie, is the v6 subframe incompatible with the 4 cyl engine/mounts?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hey.

I have my whiteline sway bar now and need some endlinks. Are you able to throw off a couple more sets of those if I can get a few people in on them. Let me know please
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Charlie has said that he will do another run of endlinks, but not until after the bushings GB is done. AFAIK, he doesn't have any left, and would have to make them again. Maybe wait a few months to install the swaybar or buy some cheap endlinks for the meantime?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

ya i will probably do that. I can get some cheap links for 40bux or so for the meantime. There might possibly be someone selling me a set in a few weeks that charlie made but no gurantee's on that. i did find out that we can get adjustable links from whiteline but at $159 a pair forget that.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Charlies were alot cheaper than 159 each LOL. I'd say 40 for the rears is your best bet, as u will most likely need to grind off the old ones as I did.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I will be doing more end links in June. I think I still have a set I was saving for myself. I can sell you those and make another set for myself next month. I'll have a look and let you know.

If you have a few guys interested that would be great.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Can someone post pics of the rear suspension geometry?
Cody
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Im still interested, i got a gs, need the ones for the front.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I should be getting prototypes from the mold guy this week. If you're still interested in fronts you need to pay for them soon as I will be placing the order for first run bushings in a couple weeks. Not sure how long it will be for a second run.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I just got this from the mold manufacturer...

"Charles,

Your first cavity will be done by Wednesday. This will go over to Duraprene where Scott will run a few samples so we can confirm the shrink rate. This should happen by the end of the week.

Once we are 100% confident in the way these shrink, we should be able to cut the remaining cavities early next week.

I would say June 3rd or 4th would be a likely timeframe to have the moulds complete and over to Duraprene. I can’t speak for Scott but I suspect the production would go fairly quick.

You may want to speak with Scott regarding production and durometer etc if you have not already. You may also want to speak with him regarding production timeframe considering the expected dates I mentioned above.

Thanks,
Jeff"

He also sent me this...

This means that those of you who are undecided have about a week and a half to confirm the hardness of the bushigns you want. I will PM each of you individually when I have time.

If you're not on board and you want on board, now is the time. A second run will likely be coming, but I have no idea how long it might be.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Alright I've made my decision:

1st set for the race car: 80 on everything
2nd set for the DD: 70 on everything
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Test mold was cut last week. Waiting to hear the results of test bushing. If all is well I will be placing the order for polyurethane next week. I also picked up some steel and will start making sleeves this week. Everything else has been purchased.

I spent some time putting together the final tally of all the parts and the requested hardnesses on the weekend. I will post the list of all of your hardness orders as I currently understand them later tonight.

Marcdh, I still do not have a final hardness order from you.

My plan going forward is this...I will have them pour one complete set of bushings and courier them to me. I will take a day or two off work and install them on my car. I will thus identify any fitment issues that may exist. I have been through the designs so many times checking and rechecking the sizes and fits that I do not foresee any problems but if there are I will know immediately. I will then drive the car for a few days. Hopefully that will be enough time to uncover any functional issues. Again I don't expect any. At that point I will give the go ahead to begin filling the order. Delivery time from there will be determined by the poly manufacturer's ability to produce the parts quickly.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Buyer .................| MX3-LCA-FR | MX3-LCA-RR | MX3-TTL-IN | MX3-TTL-OUT | MX3-TA-FR | MX3-TA-RR
Marcdh.....................|.........80.................80...............70..................70...................80...............80

80s all round and 70s for the TTL action :) Sorry for latency!
Last edited by marcdh on June 1st, 2009, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I changed the links suspected of "rear wheel steering" to be 70, but it was after that table was made.

Sweet, product testing to be done to make sure everything is good!
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Ahh sorry! I'll just change it to my line only.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”