Possible GB: Seat Re-uphostery kits

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Taras

Post by Taras »

Yah Kevin counts as one of the GB as per my deal with Perry to get the pricing to him. He is just the one to make a decision as to what he wanted and the one to put money on the table to go ahead and do it. Perry still would do the other two to complete the GB and the min 3 that it dropped to. Kevin just did not want to wait any longer as he has waited long enough for others, me, Perry, etc. This was a good time to get this done as Perry was not that busy. Plus if it would have not been done now, I would probably give up on the GB. It's been too long with everyone trying to figure things out, me running around to Perry's shop bizillion of times, Perry been busy, etc. If it only Kevin that will end up with the deal, than I will still be happy that someone got something unique and quality custom seat upholstery.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

DJsMX-3 wrote:And for the deadline, maybe vertuziko could be in on this again now that we have passed christmas and into a new year?
Hehe, that just might be possible! I will save all I can, no drinking, no outrageous partying, all my money will go to the saving account and towards this GB. Hence my salary is not as high, so this might drag on for some more months. I will let you hear from me at the end of February.
'92 GS
My worklog
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

i'll let you guys know as soon as can how they fit along with the a lot of pics. give me about 4 weeks and i should have at least one installed because i'll be getting them in like 3 weeks and you know that's the first thing i'm doing once i get them. :D
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Wasent attacking you at all ovendenk,
With under the table deal, i just meant that you got yours done allthough the 3GB'ers wasent found, and thats the case :wink:

Verzutiko, if taras is going to put a deadline on this then couldent you give him a good hint as to when you defenetly know if youre in or out, so the deadline could be set after that point, and then you or maybe some others can get in on this and we all can get new appholstery :)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Taras

Post by Taras »

I'll discuss with Perry the issue of the deadline. I think this must be done. I know Perry will get busy when March/April hit as all of the hotrodders have finished their winter engine overhauls and re-paints and suddenly will need to upgrade interiors. Then the car shows start in the late spring and summer when weather gets better and it would not be unusual to see 4-7 classic cars or rods in his shop getting new hides put on. I am wiling to hear ideas as to the dealine from you guys though.

Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

alright everybody, i just got pics sent from perry's shop. hope you like them as much as i do and decide to jump on this deal too. :D

i can't wait. i'm soooo excited. :froggie_red: this is to complete this ugly mess.

kevin (aka The Oven)
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

DJsMX-3 wrote:Verzutiko, if taras is going to put a deadline on this then couldent you give him a good hint as to when you defenetly know if youre in or out, so the deadline could be set after that point, and then you or maybe some others can get in on this and we all can get new appholstery :)
As previously stated, I will have a better clue at the end of February. All I can say is that I have saved money and things start to look better. But, my stock exhaust is starting to fall apart, the brake fluid is leaking, and I must ensure that she functions as a daily driver.

But I will see how much money I've got at the end of February.
'92 GS
My worklog
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Starting to get ugly people!

As my beauty is starting to show signs of wear (exhaust system needs replacing, alternator has said bye-bye, brake system needs maintenance), and the road-tax + insurance is upcoming next month, I regret to inform you now that any hope to finish this GB on my behalf is coming to a drastic end. Sorry to hold out so long on you guys, but I really thought I could manage it.

Anyway, as the previous items I have received from Perry was of excellent quality, I indeed hope that this GB will continue so others than me can enjoy full re-style of their interior. I would love to be with you on this one guys, but I can't make ends meet if I do. Perhaps later if it drags on any longer. But just not now.

Sincerely sorry guys,
Lars
'92 GS
My worklog
Taras

Post by Taras »

Lars, sorry to hear about your situations, but appreciate your frankness. We'll see how it goes.

TT
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

alright ladies and gentlemen. the day has arrived. i got a nice big package from perry today. :D

i doubt that jeff will keep this running for much longer as interest is dwindling, so i'm gonna try and change that right now. if you have 92-93 seats and want to redo the entire interior of you mx-3, you'd be stupid to not take advantage of this deal. the main reason is that you're not just dealing with some random company to make this stuff, but with a guy who actually cares about the outcome even after you've paid him.

if this doesn't get some movement going on this gb, i don't think anything will. here's my day's work. still got to do the inserts and passenger seat, but wanted to get something up on here.

kevin (aka The Oven)
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

wowthat fabulous i love it now only if i wasn't broke i would be all over that im sure i ccan say that for almost everybody
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I doubt Perry ever reads this board, but hose look great!! Good job.

The Oven: your interior is BRIGHT 8) :lol:

Good use of money IMO. I wish I could have gotten in on the GB, but oh well.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Those look like they're of good quality. IMO I think they would have looked better all black with red stitching. Still looks tight though, and it sure does beat the hell out of my rainbow patterned seats lol :P .
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

Hey guys, I've read through and If I'm stupid and missed it I'm truely sorry to have wasted you're time, But is there any way I can get a set of these? I've been saving up to fix my interior a bit and this would be perfect! they look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! and if there is still a way to get a set I would be 1 of the happiest mx-3 owners alive. I've attempted to do some reupolstering myself but it looks nothing near what this set looks like. Thanks,

-Curt-
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

Jacbs2007 wrote:Hey guys, I've read through and If I'm stupid and missed it I'm truely sorry to have wasted you're time, But is there any way I can get a set of these? I've been saving up to fix my interior a bit and this would be perfect! they look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! and if there is still a way to get a set I would be 1 of the happiest mx-3 owners alive. I've attempted to do some reupolstering myself but it looks nothing near what this set looks like. Thanks,

-Curt-
you're in luck then my friend. perry is still willing to do these last i heard. it's $1050 cdn for the set including material for the inserts using common materials like vinyl, faux-suede, tweed. leather was $1400 cdn i believe. also there is $50 in donations split $30 to mx-3.com and $20 to mx-west because taras organised it.

feel free to pm/email taras ( [edit] ) no spaces of course. if you can't get a hold of him, you can pm me and i'll give you perry's phone number to work out all the details.

hope it turns out as good for you as it did for me. :D
kevin (aka The Oven)

Return to “Appearance”