Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT Update Sept 29th

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So I was finally able to drive the car.... with no hood, bumper, exhaust, insurance or plate!! It was just around to the front of my house then back in the garage a couple times. Trying to figure out some issues: first issue being the battery light stays on very dimly(cleaned an checked grounds, next issue is everytime I touch the throttle light or heavy the car bogs down an I can hear my VAF clapping shut(this happens at low RPMs after 3000 she is fine. If I turn on the lights at idle the car feels like it wants to stall out, this is probably linked to my grounding issue. It is a brand new battery which reads 12.65 volts an running it reads 14.45 volts.
Here are a couple pictures
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... 26E563.mp4
The last one is a video of what the VAF is doing(hopefully the video works never done it before)
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

^^^^^^
The video works and it's looking great.

Check both engine to chassis and battery to chassis grounds. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Looks good, your alt may be failing. or there is something grounded that shouldn't be or not grounded. What VAF is that? Have you tested the voltage on it to make sure it is adjusted properly?

When I was running my RX7 vaf it was a fine dance between my A/F gauge and adjusting the VAF, FPR, and the TB to get everything dialed in correctly. Best thing to do is mark your VAF and give it a click or two in either direction and see if it fixes the issue. I did it many many many times to get it right. I ended up being just a little off from what the VAF tuning specs were on CP.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

The alternator is brand new an the voltage it is putting out is 14.57V at idle. I am using the BP26 code U VAF but I am only able to get a reading of 2.21 volts at idle with it so I am going to ground the hell out of the car to fix that issue first and it should help for the tuning!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

:evil: No luck even grounding the Hell out the engine an nothin'!!! Think the previous owner mess up the harness when he lengthened it!!! Grrrrrr I hate electrical!! Might just grab a new harness from pick an pull an then just run an extra wire for my TPS see if that fixes it!!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Tavman_1213 wrote::evil: No luck even grounding the Hell out the engine an nothin'!!! Think the previous owner mess up the harness when he lengthened it!!! Grrrrrr I hate electrical!! Might just grab a new harness from pick an pull an then just run an extra wire for my TPS see if that fixes it!!
IIRC i don't think you need the extra TPS wire if you run a 92-93 harness
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Here for the guys that want to change their washer nozzles to fan instead of the 2 streams
Here's the part number it's a plug an play system
They come out of a Tribute or Escape

Here's the sad part of my update
Dealing with this POS of a wiring harness trying to figure out my electrical issues!!(place gun to head an pull trigger)
Also does anyone have a 93 wiring diagram?? I have searched an the 94+ is completely different even the color coding so if you could send me that that would be appreciated!! Just sick of searching an coming up with some much 94+ stuff but no 93 diagrams
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

That looks like it's no fun at all!

I've got a buddy who has access to Alldata/Prosis/MItchellOnDemand, what model and year diagram should I ahve him look up? SHould be able to get it tossed onto a USB drive.

I've been mulling over wether I want to drill some holes into my CF hood and use those or go with the GM washer/wiper system.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I have access to mitchel on demand an it's not the greatest for help but thanks anyways
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Tavman_1213 wrote:I have access to mitchel on demand an it's not the greatest for help but thanks anyways
I've used alldata before and they've got some pretty good wiring diagrams in there, pulled my hatch wiring from it, mitchell wasn't as good but alldata had it all color coded and whatnot but I'd imagine it isn't as good when you aren't using the actual program vs. having a PDF of it.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Here for the guys that want to change their washer nozzles to fan instead of the 2 streams
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... DE4E87.jpg
Here's the part number it's a plug an play system
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... 16D52D.jpg
They come out of a Tribute or Escape
THANK YOU!!!
i tried installing some aftermarket ones i got when i was in taiwan and they were garbage so i just switch back to stock ones, which are garbage lol.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Those fan nozzles look good!! How wide is the spray, measured at the windshield?? I removed my entire system, but might consider using it if I upgrade it first. :welder:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I had them on the wife's protege 5 an they spray about 12-15 inchs wide where it hits on the windshield I can give you measurements once I get my wiring harness back in the car!! But they are well worth the upgrade!!
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

Look ma . Spaghetti . I had to . I'm sorry though . Hehe
Tavman_1213

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT Update October 26th

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So I am a dumb a--! The no power issue I was havin was a very simple yet stupid mistake! I had the plug wires going 1-3-4-2 in a clockwise motion instead of counter clockwise.....(insert gun into mouth an pull trigger) after I changed them to the correct firing order she revs like a dream!! Can't take it for a road test because of the snow but it should be melting soon!
Also switched up the front emblem on my car here's the pics
Really like how it turned out!!
Now to finish fixing, painting an mounting the front bumper then all that is left is to tune it an get the exhaust done!!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”