Mx3Kid's 93' Mx3 Project (Pics inside)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mx3Kid16

Re: Mx3Kid's 93' Mx3 Project (Pics inside)

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

well i ran out of fuses last night.. but i just put the ground in a different spot and sanded it down to the metal. but i had one fuse left and put it in my power wire and it actually didn't blow this time. so i just need another one for the amp and hopefully it wont pop
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

i bought some more fuses... i made sure i bought the right ones. so dont you worry about that.. Everything was in order from all the graphs and things i looked up on i plugged in the fuse and the amp itself made a loud POP sounds and smoke just started pouring from it..

so i think its dead.

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

smoke is good.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

yeah it was quite the show. hahahaha

Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

so today i bought some H&R springs. and having lowered a few cars in the past thought that the mx3 would be just as easy.. i guess im either really retarded or im doing something completly wrong. or mx3's really are harder than other cars? ehhh nothing other to do except try to get it done i guess

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

What's so difficult about it? You just need spring compressors and sockets to take the struts out of the car. Does take a bunch of time.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

I cant compress the new springs or the old ones enough to put it back together.

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

You need spring compressors, the strut style ones...
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

I can't even remember how long it took me to lower the MX, patience is a virtue my friend. Take a break for lunch and........... GIT ER DONE!!!! Haha I don't know why I'm saying this, maybe I'm still a little drunk, but I can't stop thinking about that dominoes commercial, where the guy from the south says, "How bout we put some south in your mouth?!" Have you ever said that to anyone?? That would be soooo cool!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

yeah i got spring compressors! And i got the front two struts done this morning. Wasn't as low as i thought it was going to be but it is still lower. Now were taking a break before we get to the back...

also i accidently pulled out my axle from my tranny and all my fluid leaked out ehhh. Well i easily put it back in and back together but i lost all my tranny fluid. I cant find the dipstick if there is one to check how much is left or where to put it in! so thats what im doing right now.

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Mx3Kid16 wrote:yeah i got spring compressors! And i got the front two struts done this morning. Wasn't as low as i thought it was going to be but it is still lower. Now were taking a break before we get to the back...

also i accidently pulled out my axle from my tranny and all my fluid leaked out ehhh. Well i easily put it back in and back together but i lost all my tranny fluid. I cant find the dipstick if there is one to check how much is left or where to put it in! so thats what im doing right now.
no dipstick, if you really want to, see if you can see how much is left, go look at the top of your tranny by from the battery side and you should see the speedo cable there, take it off and flash a light down and look, but it's probably best just to do a tranny oil change now that your part way there
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

now im workin on the rear struts and i cant get the strut bolts to line up right.. very frusterating.. i cant figure out a way to do this?

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

How did you pull your axle? you must have really been yanking on your hub!

Back are easier to do, but harder to put back in. You won't need the spring compressor for them!. Feel free to use it when taking them off, but the new ones are low enough so u dont have to!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

when taking out the rear struts raise the entire rear end of the car or else you will be fighting the sway bar when putting them back in! I learned this the hard way... :oops:
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Mooneggs wrote:when taking out the rear struts raise the entire rear end of the car or else you will be fighting the sway bar when putting them back in! I learned this the hard way... :oops:
oh gosh yes.... I loosened my sway bar up a bit and had my entire rear raised up and it was a three man job to shove it into place and than get the bolts in! haha car looks great now.

im happy about it. just need to get some tranny fluid.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”