Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT

Post by Evo_Spec »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Well that's f---in lovely!! Got the tires taken off my rims an 2 of them have cracks in them!! f---!!! Heres the kicker. The rims are some no name rims that came with the car, so they are not worth getting repaired!!! So I am now on the hunt for new rims an at this point with this stupid car I am not settling on rims!! It just sucks cause I wasn't planning on this an it a piss off that this whole car has been a complete lemon since I bought it!!
I am looking for ideas for 17s so if people can post different types of rims that would be helpful in my search!!
man that sucks cause that's gonna delay the project a little more but on the other hand that does get something out of the way now.
Imagine if someone else had bought this car to actually drive around? they would have been totally screwed!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Well that's f---in lovely!! Got the tires taken off my rims an 2 of them have cracks in them!! f---!!! Heres the kicker. The rims are some no name rims that came with the car, so they are not worth getting repaired!!! So I am now on the hunt for new rims an at this point with this stupid car I am not settling on rims!! It just sucks cause I wasn't planning on this an it a piss off that this whole car has been a complete lemon since I bought it!!
I am looking for ideas for 17s so if people can post different types of rims that would be helpful in my search!!
Psst....you interested in those white 17s I've got? Shoot me a text if you want the rims!

And BTW these here are pretty nice, depends on what style you prefer though:
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z405869299
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

tav, if you really like the rims, you could always get a quote from alberta wheel to see how much the repair would be, another option is going down to 1st gear, i know he has a couple of 4x100's in stock and can bring others in at a pretty decent price (he'll beat anyones price in town for new rims by 5-10% depending), just some food for thought!
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I don't want to fix the rims because they crap!! To much other damage to them an the cracks!! Not worth fixing no name rims!! Plus I don't like them and they would have to be painted or powder coated cause the paint is coming off from leaking calipers!!
I am think about going with Enkei EV5 17x7 in Hyper black!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i was gonna recommend those but i wasn't sure what they cost and thought they might be expensive but i think they're super nice and would personally get a set if i had the money so i think you should get them!

Here's ones i like, not exactly sure about your taste besides that you probably like 5 spokes like me :D
Enkei's

I think the RP03's aren't bad either, not sure how i feel about the center part
ImageImage

Enkei RPF1's

Axis Xplode Anthracite

Sparco RTT524

i can post some more up later but i wanna play bf3 with my friend before they go to bed lol
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

can't ever go wrong with rpf1's
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

the knockoffs are the rota subzero's
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Motegi Trak Lites are pretty good looking too.

Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

rota subzero are racing hart cp-035 knockoffs
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Buying rims is the guiltiest purchase I have had on this car!! Dropping that much money on new rims, even though my wife told me I could it still is a gut renching feeling! Should be here in a week to 10 days from tire rake.
Besides that I got all the rear brakes done, rear tie bar off GS installed an rear sway bar links in. Only things left should be:
-bleed brake an clutch
-intercooler piping welded up
-exhaust
-get tires installed on new rims
-fix crack in front bumper an paint(don't really care about paint right now but fixed!!)

That's all I can think of for now. I am sure some small things will come up but that is everything I can think of!! Soon it will be on the road. Now I just have to find time to make my piping, that's the true challenge of all of this!!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

excited to see what rims you decided to go with =)
that "to do" is a lot shorter than what i saw when i was over!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Had alittle bit of time today to work on my piping but was only able to get one side all tacked up.
Also thought I would show a couple pictures of the rims on the car!!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Piping is all tacked up, just have to get my buddy to finish up the welds to make them nice an clean. Plus add a bead for the couplers.
Need to finish cutting out the hole for the BOV so I can tack the flange on.

Before I did any of that I had to do a clean up of my garage cause it was getting so bad that i didn't know where anything was plus tripping over s--- doesn't help.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Good job on the piping, looks sweet.
i love the random ZE sitting in the middle
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Just took a quick pic of my piping in the car! Have to wait till Saturday to go to my buddies welding shop to have him to finish welding it up! Then test drive time!!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”