kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's chrome hated ghetto cruiser

Post by kulluminati777 »

MrMazda92 wrote:You say that now! Wait until something breaks, it's a PITA x 10! :lol:

I put so much effort and time and research into my planning... Now I'm debating if it's even worth it. I lost 3/4 of my plans I had saved on an external harddrive :( I can't even remember half of what I was doing. :/
You must have ALOT of plans, i hope this K8 just survives until i get back to the states its already my second one. When i first bought the car you could tell it was beat up and raced alot and not cared for, the engine that was in it before was bound to croak and ended up doing so at 190000ish miles it was cheaper to put another K8 in it, his was also before i knew about the swap to a DE or ZE :(

So i got my "mazdaspeed B pillar plates" in the mail and slapped them on, how do they look? Also i retinted my front windows and repainted my A+B pillars...

View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
92StockMx3

Post by 92StockMx3 »

Those B-Pillar plates look really good, Did you come up with that idea or is that a signature MS thing? Also where did you get them i think i may copy your idea. :D
Mike
1992 Krylon White Mazda MX-3 RS. Cold Air Intake,17 inch Voxx rims with Toyo Proxez 4, Black Projectors, Black Taillights,Smoked Turn Signals.
1993 Brilliant Black Mazada MX-3 GS. KLZE, Short Shifter,
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

There was a plate on the B-Pillar in the MS MX-3 but i was told it might have only been for the photo shoot, i couldnt find what they even look like so i got these from Ebay and they are pretty good quality there like aluminum or something the same as the tuned by MS badge and yeah i like them on there, i tell people all the time thats how it came :lol:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Repainted the front bumper and "deleted the rear side markers since the MS front didnt have them i thought why have em on the rear :shrug:

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Put on the MS-01's to have a look at my winter wheels and i am in love not having the caps on them dosent look too bad but i still want them :love: :love:

tell me this isn't the touring kit perfectly recreated (minus the hood scoop and front badge)
I just cant wait to get my yumex mazdaspeed muffler on also i may scrap these tires and get some all season or straight summer tires when i get to California at the end of the year but i like using the OEM tire sizing it looks good, it has a good tire to rim ratio :shrug:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

P.S.

When i actually have the rims on i will drop the car 2 or 3 inches so dont worry about the wheel gap now it has to be that high for my 18's

now it looks just like the mazdaspeed a-spec touring kit only available in japan..i bet 10000000 dollars im the only one in the states,Canada,Europe,and Australia with the complete kit!...maybe even japan....
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

so much better looking with the ms rims, yes, im a chrome hater :P
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Calg_93GS wrote:so much better looking with the ms rims, yes, im a chrome hater :P
+1
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

The MS-01 turned out good even without the center caps - the red lug nuts look good.

Don't get me wrong, I admire your motivation and drive to obtain rare parts for the MX-3. I just wish you car was more stock to do a better representation of the MS package... :? Yes you have all the exterior MS parts but, I dunno maybe it's the massive MS logos that are throwing it off, or the brembo caliper covers, or the tacked on rear lip or the non-functional front scoop... I think the front would look better with clear signals vs. nightshade.

These are just my opinions of course. In it's own right the car is custom modified to your own specifications and that should be the goal - getting it to how you want it, not how someone else wants it. And I think you are doing just that so I give you :2thumbsup:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Evo_Spec wrote:
Calg_93GS wrote:so much better looking with the ms rims, yes, im a chrome hater :P
+1
:lol: :lol: thanks alot guys
Mooneggs wrote:The MS-01 turned out good even without the center caps - the red lug nuts look good.

Don't get me wrong, I admire your motivation and drive to obtain rare parts for the MX-3. I just wish you car was more stock to do a better representation of the MS package... :? Yes you have all the exterior MS parts but, I dunno maybe it's the massive MS logos that are throwing it off, or the brembo caliper covers, or the tacked on rear lip or the non-functional front scoop... I think the front would look better with clear signals vs. nightshade.

These are just my opinions of course. In it's own right the car is custom modified to your own specifications and that should be the goal - getting it to how you want it, not how someone else wants it. And I think you are doing just that so I give you :2thumbsup:
thanks alot moon, Yeah i think it would be the emblems on the front and rear,maybe even the color of the car(the only MS mx-3 i seen was red) but what i thought about first was the front head lights and rear taillights maybe thats what doesnt give the stock ms feel....

I am in the process of getting a official ME hood (mooneggs hood) because i was going to mold and make the scoop functional when i got to the states because i couldnt find that hood but i have a lead!

I was going to get an actual big brake kit but i would have to choose between those and the mazdaspeed rims :crying: :crying: so i dont think ill ever take those off, the stock calipers are so ugly :(
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

not sure how you are getting the car back to the states, but, word to the wise, put crappy rims on it, since the hooks they use are known to damage rims depending on how they strap it down. last thing you would want when you pick up your mx is to see your ms rims damaged. when my friend received his skyline, 3 of the 4 rims had gouges in the spokes because the car shifted and the hooks on the spokes dug into the aluminum.
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

kulluminati777 wrote:There was a plate on the B-Pillar in the MS MX-3 but i was told it might have only been for the photo shoot, i couldnt find what they even look like so i got these from Ebay and they are pretty good quality there like aluminum or something the same as the tuned by MS badge and yeah i like them on there, i tell people all the time thats how it came :lol:

So talking with some enthusiasts, really they could have been anywhere. some were seen on the B pillar, some were seen on the passenger side of the dash above the glovebox, and some on the outside of the car on the B pillar. what I do know is that a authentic MS car had one on the back and a vin tag under the hood on the firewall with the Tuned by MS logo printed on it. All of the other badges were the exact same badge as the one you have for the rear the thin MS tuned by badge.

Now there is a small difference and that is the authentic MS Tuned by badges we have are the mid 90's style badge and made from stamped stainless steel. the badge in the MS catalog on the back of the MX3 is different. It is a cast aluminum badge, thicker and a little different in design, these were made in the early 90's and have not been seen outside of a catalog in some time.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

Josh wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:There was a plate on the B-Pillar in the MS MX-3 but i was told it might have only been for the photo shoot, i couldnt find what they even look like so i got these from Ebay and they are pretty good quality there like aluminum or something the same as the tuned by MS badge and yeah i like them on there, i tell people all the time thats how it came :lol:

So talking with some enthusiasts, really they could have been anywhere. some were seen on the B pillar, some were seen on the passenger side of the dash above the glovebox, and some on the outside of the car on the B pillar. what I do know is that a authentic MS car had one on the back and a vin tag under the hood on the firewall with the Tuned by MS logo printed on it. All of the other badges were the exact same badge as the one you have for the rear the thin MS tuned by badge.

Now there is a small difference and that is the authentic MS Tuned by badges we have are the mid 90's style badge and made from stamped stainless steel. the badge in the MS catalog on the back of the MX3 is different. It is a cast aluminum badge, thicker and a little different in design, these were made in the early 90's and have not been seen outside of a catalog in some time.
nice tidbit of info!
Worklog
Clappy

Post by Clappy »

Oohhh Those MS Rims look sooo much better. Love it!
-----------------
Tim
09 Dodge Challenger SXT
08 G5 White
93 MX3 SE Red
94 MX3 V6 Black
95 MX3 V6 Blue/purple
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Josh wrote:

ah man dude i seen one two, i was going to buy it on ebay a few weeks before i got the one i have now but i was like no that is not the right one..boy was i wrong and it went for only 50 bucks too :( :( :cry:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”