RS_OBD'oh_2's 1996 RS + T

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Vecia
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: RS_OBD'oh_2's 1996 RS + T

Post by Vecia »

freaking awesome man! Great paint job. Picking up the set up this weekend. I'm so going to do my whole car! Thanks!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Vecia wrote:freaking awesome man! Great paint job. Picking up the set up this weekend. I'm so going to do my whole car! Thanks!
It's soo easy to do. Keep in mind, the cost for the whole car I was quoted 300-$600 pending on the quality of the paint. I plan to do the whole car as well. I am thinking about adding an intake and exhaust filter/flow system in the garage wall to limit fumes and dust.

Best of luck. Try to start small to get your gun set up.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:rear strutbar added. It's now known as the car with many bars

Looks like I will have to remove the B pillar bar to make way for the baby seat (in the near future.)

Dibs given to Mike, if he wants it.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:
RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:rear strutbar added. It's now known as the car with many bars

Looks like I will have to remove the B pillar bar to make way for the baby seat (in the near future.)

Dibs given to Mike, if he wants it.
really? i think it'd fit lol.
why don't you just keep it for later when she's grown up and sitting in the front seat with you? daddy daughter cruise's XD
ethand

Post by ethand »

Use it to dangle teddy bears & other soft toys from, keep her entertained in the car!! :lol: 8)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

ethand wrote:Use it to dangle teddy bears & other soft toys from, keep her entertained in the car!! :lol: 8)
LOL! best idea ever
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:New (to me) hood installed. Thanks Chris.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but did you make custom holes to fit your hood pins or did they fit in a hole that was already there?

I like you're car by the way. :D
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I like the stuffed toy idea. It would totally work.

The hood was used, but the pins were in perfect position to line up with existing holes in the front support.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:I like the stuffed toy idea. It would totally work.

The hood was used, but the pins were in perfect position to line up with existing holes in the front support.
I realize that I may have not made sense, I was asking wether the pins slid into existing holes.
I'm gonna put in two more support holes and I'm thinking of putting them right were you have yours, are the holes in the actual frame or are they in something else?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
ethand

Post by ethand »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:I like the stuffed toy idea. It would totally work.
Booyeahhh!! I'm full of good ideas!! Haha... that was honestly the first thing I thought when I saw the position of it lol.. You can tell I have little nephews ;)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RobMinhas wrote:I'm gonna put in two more support holes and I'm thinking of putting them right were you have yours, are the holes in the actual frame or are they in something else?
I mounted mine to what sounds like the exact same thing as RS_OBD'oh_2 where I put them in existing holes on the support, and I much perfered them (for looks and function) on the sides of the hood rather than in the center.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

new stuff. May take a couple days to get installed

Vac block (thanks mike) Mishimoto rad and power steering cans, batt terminals.. and a tie down that may need to be modified.

MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I've never seen that hood with a badge on it! :o I like it a lot better that way!

Your driveway looks like mine too, full of cars. :freak:

I think you should keep the pillar bar btw, dangling toys from it is just a bonus!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

really interested to see how that stuff looks install in the engine bay
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I am really looking forward to scrubbing the hole bay down. A little bling should add a nice touch.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”