Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple..I mean Black.. Beast

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
wytbishop

Re: Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple Beast

Post by wytbishop »

not for a couple weeks De...so you can hug me often until then.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

LOL! OH? OK! Hahahaha :lol:
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Got my foglight bracket I needed from K of clan Super and the bumper support was released from customs yesterday and was processed in Edmonton this morning so it should be here by tomorrow or Friday!!!

I am looking forward to having the bumper on and posting a little write up on wiring the foglights properly.

Super duper stoked.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Lookin forward to see your wiring so I can replicate it in the future!

Although mine might be different, as I plan to have my headlights stay on w/ my high beams, and make the fog lights go on with either high beams or regular headlights + fog switch.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well in speaking with my colleagues...the legal requirement in Canadia is that the fogs must not be on at the same time as the high beams. I do not know if that is a legal issue in the US. but you know how I like to try to do things the right way.

couple of relays and I'm golden.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Hmm did not know that was an issue. I'm assuming it could carry over as well. It would be easy enough to disable, as in don't turn on high beams and fogs at same time via the switch, but would be cool to blind people with 6 lights! (In a safe environment of course)

I bought the same color lights as in my headlights so I don't have the yellow or slightly whitish lights that come stock.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm looking forward to the write-up, too. I'm glad to read about the MX-6 tranny.

onlytrueromeo, Unless you don't actually need fog lights, you shouldn't use them with high beams. The highs will reflect off of the fog, and make sight distance worse. If you wire them seperately, you can still have them on with everything, and look like a UFO to oncoming traffic. Ideally, you'd want to use the fogs with no other headlights, and aim them ahead to where you want to see, so they don't bounce the light off the ground, and reflect on the fog.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It is also a circuit protection issue as the fogs and high beams together might draw too much power for the 30A fuse in the headlight circuit.

I think after looking at the diagrams I will take power ahead of the 30A headlight fuse and use a 20A fuse for the foglight circuit. Then a relay to switch power to the lights and a second relay to interrupt power when the highbeams come on.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

bumper actually arrived today. Cleared customs in Ontario and made it to my office in less than 20 hours. That's impressive.

All I need now is some paint and a day with nothing else to do.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

ok...so. The initial windshield install was a minor fail. I asked them to please attempt to save the original molding and they did. I was very happy but then when I took the tape off the next day the whole windshield had slipped down about 3/8" on the driver's side. So although the installation is guaranteed, the old molding was not and could not be saved a second time. However, they gave me a new rubber molding for $45 and reinstalled it under warranty so I was happy and now it's really nice. Only other issue is that there is a fairly nastly little rust bubble right under the molding at the top of the windshield and the glass will have to come out again to repair it. But I won't be doing that for a while and I needed a new windshield pretty badly.

In other news, I finally have everything I need to install the JDM bumper properly so all I have to do is get some paint on it and we're good to go. I have done my research and I think I can do a passable job of it. I will document that part in detail so maybe someone else may benefit from it. I have a plan to take a day off from work and try to get a bunch of stuff done to the car. Aside from fitting the front bumper I am also replacing the rear and want to try to do some spot body repair at the same time. This weekend is slated for bike work cuz I need some two wheel love...but next weekend it is totally on for bumper install!
My Worklog
My feedback thread
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Looking forward to the bumper install. My dream is to have a Euro/JDM bumper one day too :love:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Excellentay. I have some similar rust issues myself, just holding off until a full respray really. I'm sure your paint will work out well, besides it's amazing what you can recover with wet sanding and polish!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

So I started the bumper project today. I'll do a proper write up on the painting process later but here's a few pictures...

It's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. One of the sideskirts is giving me trouble so I'll have to sand a bit and reprime and paint it tomorrow, but other than that everything came out very nice. Bumper is painted but I didn't get a picture yet. I cleared the small bits but I didn't get a picture of that either. More to come tomorrow.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wow they look so luscious... like candy or something :love: I love newly painted/coated stuff! ahhhhh
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Finished!

OK mostly finished. I had a mishap installing one of the fogs and dropped it right on the lens...and it shattered. Also I want to wait and find some OEM 2 wire harness connectors so that I can wire the fogs in properly. So the electrical is not done and the left mini side just will not cooperate so I'm leaving it to cure over night and I'll try sanding it again tomorrow.

The bumper is on and I think it looks pretty good for amateur hour.

After applying clear...

Old bumper off...

Broken fog light...grrrr...and a bit of my blood...double grrr

Finally installed...

My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”