CF Gas Door / CF Radiatior Support *EXTENDED to April30th*

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:Ah, where to start...
MrMX3 wrote:I got the inverted CF hood in the group buy and it was FILLED with air bubbles just like this, and the fit was horrible! I was pretty discouraged 'cause it was 600+ and we waited almost a year for it and it was pretty low quality. I advised them on this as well providing pictures the day I received it and they wouldn't do anything and just stopped responding to my e-mails. I almost gave a 2nd chance and ordered in this GB too, guess I'm glad I didn't because it seems the quality is still the same.
Mike, it appears that you are the one of the FEW that may have received a hood FILLED with bubbles in the clear ( this use of the word "filled" I would like to see justified in your hood, please post pics of it). I have not heard of anyone suggesting that the fitment was terrible as you quote; perhaps your car was involved in some sort of collision or what not. You are the first in the past several years to suggest the poor fitment or any issue with the clear coat. Dozens of those exact hoods have been sold and continue to be sold to this date without any of the issues you have mentioned. Pretty low quality in NO way describes the hood. Many members can attest to that.
monty73741 wrote:My personal opinion , I didn’t take part in this gb because I purchased oem side skirts & from Oscar a couple of years ago, & it was shipped in bubble wrap & also I had to pay extra cause I wanted to use pay pal. I have roolz in life no international transaction with a check......
To me, this sounds pretty pathetic. What does a cheque destined to an international origin have to do with this thread? If I understand correctly, you did not take part because the OEM side skirts that you received from me at what cost? Were wrapped in bubble wrap? Were you expecting them to come wrapped in silk or wool? These parts need not be shipped in a box, bubble wrap is acceptable.

I’m sure you’re aware that paypal charges 3% transaction fee. I'm also sure that you expect on top of a good deal to be exempt from any additional fees...
cjthor wrote:Looking at the pics I really don’t see how he could have missed the severe defects in that part before he shipped it. The marker is the icing on the cake.
Looking at these pics, what I can tell is that it’s magnified many times. The imperfections in these pics are actually quite small and YES it did pass my inspection and I did not see the "Sharpy" touch up. The way these pieces were laid up was to have the part most exposed in CF and the rest blacked out, and finished in clearcoat. These pics are taken with the rad suport held up to light when in fact no light will pass through and therefore the issues at hand would not be visible at all.

Josh, please take a pic of your rad support either on the ground or flat surface and post it up. I'm sure the overall look of the rad support is far from being as poor as you have made it out to be.

I'm dissapointed in the lack of support to say the least from the members and the full effort from some to bash at any opportunity. You have an issue with what i sent you? Take it up with me. I do my best to make sure everyone is satisfied. Dont try to drag my name through the mud.

All efforts made to get unique products out there and available seem to be wasted at this point. I now have second thoughts about making the GS lip or the cargo cover available. Not only will I not sell enough pieces to justify the costs involved; I'm certain that I'll get more negative feedback than anything else. Perhaps someone out there will take on the project and get them made at a reasonable cost, within a reasonable timeframe and quality.

Josh, post a pic as I suggested to see the overall look and to give a better indication.
well, i have seen your hoods and was very impressed, and thats why i wanted in on this GB. the fact is that i got in on a GB for a CF RAD support, and i might as well have gotten a fiberglass rad support that was painted black, this is what im upset about. no one told me it would be mostly fiberglass, and Painted black. thies pictures are in no way magnifyied. they are taken off of a Cannon Power Shot SD450. the problem with taking a pic of the Rad support in its entirty is that it has to be too far a way to see the flaws, from 4' away it looks good, other than the Black ends. but you get up close and its not so good. there is no way im going to put this on my car, and i would either like what the GB was intended for which was a CF RAD support or my money back.

you cant take what a couple of people say to hart. there are alot more out there who like and support what you do. as i really like the product you turn out, But in this case it just got passed up.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Fair enough,

I've spoken with the guys and I'm waiting on a call today to see what will be done to rectify this issue at hand.

Give me a few days to sort this out. We will reach an agreement.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

Here's the best pics I could do at that time with the camera I had. This is the day I received the hood. And let me say it was packed properly and the box marked accordingly so there were definately no shipping issues.

Here's the bubbles in one section. Not as quality of a pic as the other one, but the same look.

Here's the gap difference between the pass and drivers side that couldn't be fixed by 2 quality body shops. This was caused by the mounting holes being drilled slightly off.

Here's the fitment up top vs the fender. It was POSSIBLE to lower it but with running the risk of ruining the hood completely. So I have about a 1" gap from the fender line to the hood line up top which allows water in.

And lastly the fitment around the lights. And yes this is latched. Installing hoodpins helped hold the sides down, but you can see the uneven gaps still where the hood forms around the lights. And follow the body lines of the fender into the hood and you can see the drivers side is off.

And can't forget to mention that the hood was obviously made with multiple sheets of CF and the lines are VERY visible. The most obvious one being right in the front, middle of the hood. The first place everybody looks.

From far back the hood looks incredible!! Looking closely at it, there are many flaws. To most this would have probably been acceptable. To me, it's not. I had over 140hrs of body work put into the car because flaws like that are unnaceptable to me, and that's also how I know it was never in an accident because no part of the car was left untouched during the body work. That and the stock hood has PERFECT fitment all around. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting perfect. But I'll be honest... after those pics the hood came off right away I was so disgusted. I put it back into it's packaging, contacted Jeff and Oscar and put it into storage for over a year before I finally gave in and put it on anyways. I still look at some of the flaws and cringe. I've had the top detailing shop in the area try to take out the air bubbles with no success, and the local body shop who's had cars win best body and best paint awards at major shows Canada wide work on the fitment and still couldn't get it good. I'll refer you back to a couple old old threads....

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

and

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

where I had publicly stated I had problems with the hood but didn't go into detail and stated I had contacted both Jeff (who was running the GB) and oscar about the problems I had, and nothing was done for me.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

btw, oscar..... none of this is personal against you! I realize this isn't your full-time profession, and your not the one who makes these products so I don't want you to think I'm attacking you on this! But you may want to look into the company your getting to do the work as there were a few who had issues with the hood (not many, but it was still a small run....) and now the same type of issue with the rad support. And in a group buy, people are wanting their product. You don't have time to sit down and personally inspect every single piece top to bottom, it would just slow down the entire process, which would just piss people off! So it's understandable that 1 or 2 could slip through the cracks.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

MrMX3:

with the hood fitment, that is typical problems even with the Ebay hoods. as far as the hinges you have to bend them. that was the first thing i did. you have to put a board in there and bend them untill you reach your desired hight. im supprized the body shop you took it to didnt do that. most of the tim eyou will end up doing it even with a New OEM hood. and with the fenders you will just have to drill the fender hols over just alittle, to make it fit better. and lastly with the front end you need to lower your latch, and if you cant go any lower then you might have to cut it or drill it to adjust lower. you said you had hood pins now so you could just take it out. but what i ended up doing is i took out the main rubber supports and drilled the holes bigger added slit in the hole, and put in adjustable rubber stops from a car in the wrecking yard. then i was able to adjust them to the desired hight. might give you a couple more ideas to try anyways. Best of luck
chertel

Post by chertel »

I just stumbled upon this post. Please Make the cf cargo cover oskar. I dont know if you remember me? I inquired about it last year and you emailed me asking what I thought a fair price would be? Anyway I would definately be in for the cargo cover, but I guess one guy is not enough, hope more are interested?
I had an issue that was quickly resolved by oskar with one of the first inverted cf hood group buys so I would definately do business with him again, great guy and reputable company in pakfeifer.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'd be in for some more CF parts including a rad support, but Oscar has to get a new CF maker that uses vaccum bagging or throws half their crap away since hand laying causes so many errors.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

I should have some pic's of my CF gas door on soon I had to get the back side of the door painted because you can see throw it a bit so I just got a few coats of black spray paint to cover all the little holes and that fixed that problems. I just have to get the old one off and get the new one mounted. I can see how I get the top of the door mounted but the bottom of it I am not sure how I am getting that one on but I will get that figured out. This Wed I should have the pic's.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!

Return to “Appearance”