Different flavor of rice.....

Off-Topic Discussions
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Different flavor of rice.....

Post by Mooneggs »

RobMinhas wrote:Factory spoilers are always acceptable IMO.
That was part of the reason why I finally decided on using the MS spoiler. It's funny, even though it is pretty high on the MX-3, it is still lower than many full size sedans trunk lids when parked next to them :lol:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

True story right there ^^^

:)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Josh wrote:You spend way too much time crunching "generalized" numbers. I will take the Subi before the redneck Government Motors Corvette, EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. considering a factory WRX STI runs about 13.1 in the QT mile and a KL swapped MX-3 with a good driver will do High 13's to low 14's yes the WRX will own the KL swapped MX. BUT if we are only talking about a base model WRX then no, they will own the launch an d 60' but once you hit 80-100' you will pull on them, assuming you have a "REAL" KLZE motor.... :lol:

BTW I will take my AWD 2.0 BP all day long. Have not met a subi or vette that could beat it past my handicap...

P.S. Blake you do know those whale-tail spoilers are factory right? that makes it BAD-@$$ ;)
I'm not personally a fan of Corvettes, but I'll throw one at anyone that starts a debate with: "xxxx factory model > xxxx factory model". Like I said, dollar for dollar, they'll beat almost anything stock. I think they're an ugly car(post 80s models at least), otherwise I'd be driving one.

I know the spoilers are factory, and they're fuglier than hell. :lol: The moment factory parts look like an ebay best seller, you know you're driving a rice bowl. Just saying. :wink: :lol: I don't care where the company is based, Japan or Europe, ricer style knows no domestic market.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

IDK man, this doesn't look ricey to me, it's JDM.

Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I think if something is there for function and has nothing to do with form is when you can throw "rice" out the window and STI/evo wings are a prime example.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Oh but isn't stance true JDM/Shakotan :P :wink:

Stickerbombin and roofracks are dead tbh anyone who posts that s--- up on stanceworks gets a grilling, unless roofrack on old VW
I will screem and cry at my computer screen though if I see another civic on BBS's with a rear windscreen covered in ''illest'' or ''static'' daily stickers!!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

RobMinhas wrote:IDK man, this doesn't look ricey to me, it's JDM.

Not sure why but I love the look of that car and it's most excellent spoiler. :roll:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Buddy's Kia Rio Tuner, 1 or 500 in Canada. Yes the scoop and wing are OEM.
It's a Mazda B6 in there, which he turbo'd, and really loves to piss off Suby owners with it.
Josh wrote:You spend way too much time crunching "generalized" numbers. I will take the Subi before the redneck Government Motors Corvette, EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. considering a factory WRX STI runs about 13.1 in the QT mile and a KL swapped MX-3 with a good driver will do High 13's to low 14's yes the WRX will own the KL swapped MX. BUT if we are only talking about a base model WRX then no, they will own the launch an d 60' but once you hit 80-100' you will pull on them, assuming you have a "REAL" KLZE motor.... :lol:
http://www.insideline.com/subaru/imprez ... a-wrx.html
propel the four-door from zero to 60 in 6.3 seconds on its way to a 14.9 second quarter-mile time at 90 mph
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

From an aesthetics point of view the KIA hood scoop looks weak, the spoiler cheap (is it a chopped STi spoiler?) and the entire front end says nothing but grocery getter. Kinda like Hyundai who makes a copy of other companies cars. Besides can Korean cars be considered rice. After all the very term rice was a reference to JDM cars is it not?? I do think it was money well spent putting those decals on the side for sure. :roll:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Daninski wrote:From an aesthetics point of view the KIA hood scoop looks weak, the spoiler cheap (is it a chopped STi spoiler?) and the entire front end says nothing but grocery getter. Kinda like Hyundai who makes a copy of other companies cars. Besides can Korean cars be considered rice. After all the very term rice was a reference to JDM cars is it not?? I do think it was money well spent putting those decals on the side for sure. :roll:
Well it is a KIA Dan.....
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

On that car, hood scoop and spoiler are OEM on that Kia.

Considering that Hyundai owns 49.2% of Kia, their design mentality wouldn't be far off.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

All that said the overriding thought in my head is,,,,,,it's his car so he can do as he pleases. :mrgreen: Lets hear it for exercising your freedom to mod your car as you see fit no matter what the final out come. :D
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Daninski wrote:All that said the overriding thought in my head is,,,,,,it's his car so he can do as he pleases. :mrgreen: Lets hear it for exercising your freedom to mod your car as you see fit no matter what the final out come. :D
Amen
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

:love2: I think people just want to see the 'clean' style nowadays..
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The problem with "clean" is how certain people define it.

Is a bone stock fartbox Civic with a body kit, 19s, and 30 series stretched tires clean just because the driver took it through a carwash this week? :lol:

My personal definition of "clean" as it applies to a car is likely different from yours. I see a car as "clean" if it has been carefully built, well thought out, and maintained properly. I don't consider poorly fitted body kits, mismatched paint, tires with 1/3 of the contact patch touching the ground, or many other things commonly considered "sick" or "ill" by internet communities.

If your "modifications" make the car less safe for others on the road, your car isn't clean. Sorry. You wouldn't drive around with a lead pipe welded in place of your steering wheel, or tie-rod ends that aren't bolted to the spindle. So why endanger other drivers in other ways? -.-

As for the ridiculous "AWD > All" idea floating around goes... Like everything else, it has an intended purpose. Great, you've watched some Ken Block youtube videos, and he's a great driver. Does that mean AWD is superior to FWD or RWD? No, it means that for that intended purpose AWD was the best platform.

MX-3s can't tow a 30 foot boat, so is a Diesel truck better than an MX-3?
That same truck won't touch a stock MX-3 for fuel economy or handling, so is the MX-3 better than the truck?

Seriously, think about this:

Cars, like people, are constantly judged by what they can't do, instead of what they can.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Off-Topic”