MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: FOUND 2.5L ford probe engine. *PICS added*

Post by MrMazda92 »

Fill it with sand, if added weight increases the value. :lol:

I'm kidding, don't do that...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Make it into a coffee table :wink:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

xxxmonoxidechild wrote:Im an avid junkyarder and see KL's in yards pretty much daily. but ive never seen the dirt and dust layer up like in that 1st picture you posted. That engine had been sitting for a LONG time. im talking probably years to get like that.

but for the price, you def cant complain. and you still got the one part you really needed. and the nice part is that aluminum block weighs a ton, so you get decent money just scrapping it. :)
The problem with it is its not 100% aluminum so all I can ever get for them is steel prices.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

Heads and intake are aluminum, but block isn't. As scrap metal, it isn't worth much. Depending on why the crank isn't turning, it may be rebuildable. May just be seized up due to sitting so long, though some rust may be in there, depending on how long it sat exposed with no plugs.
Are you familiar with the atf trick?
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Make it into a coffee table :wink:
hey bro are you selling your table? i seen somebody post up a Kijji ad or something like that and it looked like yours
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
scorpio_vette

Post by scorpio_vette »

MrMazda92 wrote:Tear it down... Keep at a bear minimum the valvetrain. I'd say part it out, you may help someone out, and put a little money in your pocket for other projects/repairs. :welder:
That's one of the ideas I was playing with
wagZE wrote: The problem with it is its not 100% aluminum so all I can ever get for them is steel prices.
If you want the most for scrap, you have to take the time to strip every single separate piece of metal apart. you basically need to turn the engine into separate piles of aluminum, copper, brass and steel (and/or any other types of metal).
stepchyld wrote:Heads and intake are aluminum, but block isn't. As scrap metal, it isn't worth much. Depending on why the crank isn't turning, it may be rebuildable. May just be seized up due to sitting so long, though some rust may be in there, depending on how long it sat exposed with no plugs.
Are you familiar with the atf trick?
I was thinking along those same lines, that the engine most likely would be salvageable and I could re-finish it over time.
I am familiar with using ATF to clean engines before an oil change. but i don't think that's what you are talking about.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kulluminati777 wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:Make it into a coffee table :wink:
hey bro are you selling your table? i seen somebody post up a Kijji ad or something like that and it looked like yours
Oh hell no! Link? If my room mate was selling it on me (I'm gone on exercise) I'd have an obituary posted in the news paper and his stuff on Kijiji when I get back.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ill look, im sure it was on kijiiji or gumtree
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”