KL swapped RS??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
klmx08

Re: KL swapped RS??

Post by klmx08 »

lol I hear you but trust me if I could have found a v6 car I would have just bought it and swapped the kl in that...As for linkage I used the 626 linkage I just cut what I needed to make it the right length out and welded it back together..Im def going to get a gs harness (I really cant believe I didnt think about that my self) but whatever I will get one so the only thing I need to figure out is what im going to do about the rack...I really appricate the help :welder:
tbondo
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by tbondo »

When I did my swap I just used the rack from my RS and used the lines/hoses from the GS. So worst case you could just go buy new power steering lines from the parts store. I can't remember exactly but you may need to find a GS reservoir depending on where the inlet and outlet are. Also like it was mentioned before you will need to do something with the radiator. The 1.6 rad has the upper/lower on the wrong side. Unless you want to route a customer rubber hose right next to your exhaust manifold, I would recommend finding a 1.8 GS rad or making the 626 fit. I know with my swap the probe rad fit OK. It wasn't perfect, but it would have worked if it didn't have a leak.
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

I did get the 626 rad to fit good just had to notch the top plate for the little tank on the end of the v6 rad..Im gonna try just getting power steering lines but i hope to come across a manuel rack can you tell me what years 323 im looking for?first things first though I gotta get that harness
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

Ohh I was also wondering do I need to swap to the v6 fuel pump or does the rs flow enough?
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

nevermind rock auto has the same part number for both the 1.6 and the v6

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”