new n different mazda build

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: new n different mazda build

Post by MrMazda92 »

The biggest problems you'll have spinning the engine that fast are temperature and oiling, A few people have attempted to find work-arounds for both, with minimal success. You'd definitely have your brain picked by everyone and their mother if you spin it to 10K and or make 200 + Horsepower with it.

After solving the heat/oiling issues, you'd want some custom ground cams, highly modified heads, maybe even bump the static CR up, custom one of a kind headers(long tube, to preserve torque with the high lift cams), and bring it all together with aftermarket EMS, you'd be breaching territory nobody here has touched.

If you do it, I for one will follow the build enthusiastically. Just remember, it won't be a budget build by any means... Most of the cooling/oiling issues will lay in the bottom end, but most of your power to be gained lays in the intake/heads/exhaust.

Patience, hard work, hundreds(if not thousands) of hours researching, and you'll make something incredible. Just remember, most breakthroughs come after repeated failures.. don't get discouraged by them, learn from them.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

so... do you know how to use a camera? How bout a picture of that nova you speak of.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
19mazdamx393
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by 19mazdamx393 »

well thanks man thats honestly very motivating lol im starting to lean that way for the build. itd be a slow build but im crazy enough to try it out lol. ill def start doing research on other builds even on other brands to see if anyone has come across a fix for heat and oiling especially on motors turned into hi rev screamers. and in my eyes as long as you have something or some goal you want to reach, then giving up especially on something different like this would just be stupid, and i wont give up easy. and with my luck repeated failures happen lol i certainly try to learn from them. there has to be an answer for heat and oiling. ill either find it or figure it out myself.

yes i kno how to take a picture ill try to get one up sometime soon. just a forewarning....shes by no means pretty, shes in primer in fact but just the whole look of the car paint or not, i think its gorgeous. and for those who say i should paint it, id rather drive it in primer than leave it in the garage with some nice paint job. not to mention all my money has went into other things, such as the motor and tires. lots of tires.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

You can get the motor to rev to 10K thats not the issue. You need to have custom cams that will help you make power and make it worth it. My BP will rev out to 11.5K if I wanted it to It is reliable up to 14K, BUT my cams quit making power at 8600 and my titanium valve springs are only 15lb more than recommended for the cams. Plus my turbo is not that big to keep creating power after a certain point.

If you go to a dry sump system you can fix the oil pressure. throw on a front mount oil cooler that will solve the oil temp issue. Then you have to deal with your fuel pressure, will your pump handle the fueling thats easy enough to change. Then you have to worry about your trans. they will not hold up the F2T is not that strong, the RWD RX7 TT is the nearly bullet proof trans mazda made. SO you will need to tap your trans for a fluid outlet and return, install an oil cooler and an inline oil pump to keep your trans from baking as well. assuming you can do all of that you are looking at about 800. for a set of one off custom cams plus valves and double valve spring setup to help you achieve the rpms needed for that. Then your focus goes to the bottom end. you are looking at a base of 2500 to 3K just to have the proper machining needed to have the motor get to where you would like it to. Doable yes

The machining cost for my BP were about 3200 and I did 100% of the assembly.
19mazdamx393
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by 19mazdamx393 »

i actually had all that already planned lol with the exception that i may take the next step and have some power at 10000. thats how i have my other car setup, with coolers for both trans n motor and it helps. i have a few extra tricks to help with revving up and im going to talk to the machinist my dad has known since he was my age or less lol bc he's a wise motherfu****

thanks for the help on which trans to go with tho, is the RWD RX7 TT trans a 5 speed manual out of curiosity? also if i can get oil to the whole thing reliably and smoothly, then that will help with temp ultimately bc lack of oil causes friction causes heat. i dont think gettin to 10000 will be too hard, but im also lookin at makin power up there too. how awesome would that be? id also be doing everything assembly probably head work too, everything except any machining or boring bc i dont have the equipment for that lol.

any other help on where i could get a good ECM? anybody try out one that they liked or one thats better than another would be great?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”