interior bar for race harness

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Re: interior bar for race harness

Post by DeadMaker »

If you still want it you can grab one..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Floor ... 2ebafd95d1
Never had it but i don't see the reason why it won't fit
But i don't know if you will notice any difference..
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
Thefez
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Thefez »

Evo_Spec wrote:
Thefez wrote:not ecectly what im talkin about it looked like it went along the back of the seals along the floor? :shrug:
ohh, those are called crossbar's.
This right?

SuperK had one before but he sold it to someone, i'm not sure if it was MX-3 specific or not, hopefully he can shed some light on that.
this! thank you!!!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

ya, you cannot bolt a harness to that. There are many reasons why.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Perhaps we should have race harness 101. although you may see it all the time... never NEVER bolt your harness to the floor.

I believe he is talking about the bars that there was a GB on several years ago that go from B pillar to B pillar.

Edited: Because A comes before B
Last edited by Josh on January 30th, 2012, 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Josh wrote:Perhaps we should have race harness 101. although you may see it all the time... never NEVER bolt your harness to the floor.

I believe he is talking about the bars that there was a GB on several years ago that go from A pillar to A pillar.
mybe? lol... so why am I not bolting them to the floor? subbed for an education.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Josh wrote:I believe he is talking about the bars that there was a GB on several years ago that go from A pillar to A pillar.
Holy crap! A-pillar bars?! Crazy racing windshield performance mod!

You probably mean B-pillar bars ;)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Josh wrote:I believe he is talking about the bars that there was a GB on several years ago that go from A pillar to A pillar.
Holy crap! A-pillar bars?! Crazy racing windshield performance mod!

You probably mean B-pillar bars ;)
:lol:

i went through a whole thing with a friend as to why you shouldn't bolt your harness to the floor and gave him a whole bunch of links describing why and forums that have had people seriously injured and in the end he didn't listen and still has it bolted to the floor.
civic owners.....lol
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Thefez wrote:
Josh wrote:Perhaps we should have race harness 101. although you may see it all the time... never NEVER bolt your harness to the floor.

I believe he is talking about the bars that there was a GB on several years ago that go from A pillar to A pillar.
mybe? lol... so why am I not bolting them to the floor? subbed for an education.
This may be the type of situation that warrents your own research. There are many standards relating to such a topic. We do not want you to break your back in the event of an accident, or go through the windshield. I would be looking online for the actual guidlines instead of taking the word of anyone on a forum. Not that you will get the wrong info here... but when it comes to your life, you should be verifying everything.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

No, A pillar, that way you dont need an airbag. It will stop you from going ALL the way through the windshield... I meant B... :freak:

yes mounting it to the floor can cause serious injuries, if you wanted, one could mount it to the floor in the trunk and go over the strut bar / back seat, or attach it to the rear seat mount. But that is one of the functions of a "B" pillar bar is to reproportion the stresses of the H harness, if you choose not to mount it to the bar itself. if it were me and I didnt have a roll cage I would want to mount it to a nice solid point on the chassis.

Just a thought, I wonder if the point for the child seat clip hook thingy or whatever you want to call it would work.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Along the same topic, what would be the best mounting points for a 5 point harness in an mx-3? I'm about to install in mine and while I'll do some research outside the forum, just curious from those who might have a good idea (for safety)?
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Mooneggs wrote:Along the same topic, what would be the best mounting points for a 5 point harness in an mx-3? I'm about to install in mine and while I'll do some research outside the forum, just curious from those who might have a good idea (for safety)?
on the MX3 i would imagine on the rear seat mount bolts and the B-pillar bar would suffice, but i'm no expert, not sure where about the crotch part though.

here's a really good link imo, http://www.hondaclub.com/forum/articles ... t-way.html.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

B pillar bar would work, IF the bar were also attached to the floor on either side.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

you'll need something like this. No idea if it fits, did not measure.

http://www.getnrg.com/products/interior ... rness-bars
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

^^ that's a great find.

If you were to use the rear seatbelt mount you would have to play with the lengths a little bit to get them right as its off to one side. but would be a good option.

I think you could get away with bolting them to the rear floor about 12" or so behind the seat then over the strut tower bar and to the seat. If you had a roll bar it could be done like this
http://www.hondaclub.com/forum/articles ... t-way.html
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Josh wrote:I think you could get away with bolting them to the rear floor about 12" or so behind the seat then over the strut tower bar and to the seat.
?????

I've seen a couple other mx-3's bolted to the rear seat belt points, and the article mentions getting some special plates to prevent tear-aways from the floor if in an accident.
RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:B pillar bar would work, IF the bar were also attached to the floor on either side.
Why is it crucial to have it connected to the floor as well?

Return to “Appearance”