Digital Cluster conversion

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Digital Cluster conversion

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

wow it's really really cold there.
wertys

Post by wertys »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51IKTEdlFFc
its in french yeh..
gotta change the color filter because in daylight it looks greenish but at night its blue
give me comments
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

comment given!
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

looks awesome, good job!
i wonder if its possible to fit the cluster from a merc cougar? oil pressure/voltage gauge would be nice. only 6k red line thow :(
wertys

Post by wertys »

hmm turns out this was the wrong video haha the speedo didnt work on this one, will post another one with working speedo
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mikeinaus wrote:looks awesome, good job!
i wonder if its possible to fit the cluster from a merc cougar? oil pressure/voltage gauge would be nice. only 6k red line thow :(
Wow, that looks so Star Treky!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wertys

Post by wertys »

New video.
i think the screen is too reflective, going to work on that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYvYjMwv2Qw
going to change screen filter too, because its too greenish in daylight.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i was reading online that its possible to build little computers that can monitor the mpg of older (obd1) fuel injected cars. they basically work by tapping into an injector signal wire and the speed sensor. between the amount of times the injectors fire and how fast the car is going they are able to calculate mpg fairly accurately. maybe its possible to get get those economy gauges working? if the processor involved in their calculations was built into the gauge and not the ecu all youd need to do is find what wire it needs for the injector signal? if not you could remove that section and install one of these gauges?
some of them are fairly advanced and can record 0-100times, instant mpg, average mpg, battery voltage, mileage till empty and so on. im definitely considering buying one.
wertys

Post by wertys »

great idea, will look into that. finding the same digits & color(well , close to it) would be a + too
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.p ... 20362.html 2nd post on that page. there are supposedly a bunch of diy guides for making your own (i havnt found any yet). that guy builds/sells them and he also modifies his own code. if you were to contact him its very possible he could make you one with a blue display. he shows one on his pictures page but its not quite the same blue as yours.

found a kit you can buy here, you can also select the colour screen you want. http://store.fundamentallogic.com/ecom/ ... 8ab9d04a10
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

mikeinaus wrote:Image
If we could get THIS look, with a 7-8K Redline, I'd be putting other projects on hold to put it in right now... I LOVE the way information is displayed here, especially oil pressure! I love that blue too...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
wertys

Post by wertys »

the process would probably be really similar, but the fitting would be more of an a-- than the villager one.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Amen to that. The 6k Tach kills the idea entirely for me anyways. Props for thinking outside the box here! I'm liking this thread all over.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
wertys

Post by wertys »

what mikeinaus was telling me is quite doable i think. will keep this post updated as well as the other one(the HOW-TO that i will probably finish tonight)

Return to “Appearance”