Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I am actually going to do the same in the front but it wont look that bad because of my intercooler being black but that will be after I do some fiber glass work to fix a nice crack in the front!! It wont be too much black in the front though I promise!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
ethand

Post by ethand »

I'm a major fan of the black in the rear bumper, too. I've seen it done a few times (not necessarily on that kit, but others with a similar middle section), and think that 90% of the time it works well :) It'll be interesting to see how you get the black to work up front - that's always much trickier, but also has the potential to make the car that much more cohesive... I look forward to seeing it :)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I like it.

Since some of the newer rides out there have the black lip in the front, or cutouts, I was plannig on painting my MS style front kit black in those areas.

I think it will give it a more modern look.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Good looking car! I like the rear bumper a lot. The black helps bring things out, I think black altezzas would help bring it together more though :O
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Here is a sneak peek on what's going in next...... Hehehe(they are alittle worn but still Recaro's none the less)

Oh an MrMazda92 I sold te chrome ones to robminhas I will be buying black ones!! Then once inspection is done a nice coat of night shade will be in order!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

The drivers seat is in!!!
Yes they are pretty cracked an worn but I will get a quote on reupholstering them!!! It fits perfect an I would say about an inch lower then the 92-93 seats!!
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

That looks pretty good! Looks like I need to get some 323 seats hahah Any luck with the steering wheel? have you managed to mount it and everything?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I have been playing around with the stock one, a 323 one and the 2 protege one! To see which feel the best with me being gigantic!! unfortunately I think I may have to go with 323 one because of my knees but I will play around with them again to see the feel!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

During the summer here I had installed my motor into the car to see if it would actually start up! So here's a couple of pictures while I was doing it
So I hooked up all the connectors and put the flywheel on and tryed to start it up and.....
I pulled my truck into the garage beside the car and used booster cable to jump it, lights came on and it cranked but nothing... I pulled the back seat out it se if I could listen for the fuel pump to kick in and to my surprize the previous owner had some splicing into fuel pump harness. So I followed the 2 wires that were spliced in and the went to the front of the car....... he had wired it into a switch in the glove box and then ran it straight to the battery??!!?? So by the looks of it he was trying to wire the fuel pump directly to 12V...... so after finding this I ripped it all out and got a new harness for the fuel pump from the wreckers. Then I double checked all my connectors and forgot the second fuel module,pluged that in an turn the motor over. Holy s**t it actually ran(NA I didnt have a BOV so I decided against hooking the turbo up) this was an awesome feeling as most of us hearing an engine come to life after a swap is nerve racking!!! I decided to tidy up my wiring from the body connections to the motor (2 plug to 3 plug) so I made one of these:
I direct plug and plug connector!! No cutting of either harness. I thought of this after I wired in my wifes new deck.
After that i noticed my rear oil seal was leaking so replaced that
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Also a few of you know that I had my valve cover powder coated then Hydro Dipped so here is a video of it.
http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_0545.mp4
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

that vsx rear is one beautiful bumper. i want one lol
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm gonna have to come to your place one day to help me on some stuff on my BP-T =P
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Sure sounds good to me but I am tellin you now I am 100% not working on it in this shity weather!! -30 for a high is way to cold for my skinny a--!!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Sure sounds good to me but I am tellin you now I am 100% not working on it in this shity weather!! -30 for a high is way to cold for my skinny a--!!
the mx isn't even being drivin right now, it's just sittin in front of my house under snow even though it's the car with a remote starter and a turbo that heats up the engine within 5 min.....
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Note to self: don't reupholster your seats ever again!!(now I know why they pay third world people to do that s---..... Cause no one wants to fricken do it!!!)
Still in the process, the very long painful upholstery process!! Someone shoot me please or come an finish it for me!!!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”