JayoM's 91 Eunos Presso V6

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: JayoM's 91 Eunos Presso V6

Post by Mooneggs »

:love: love this car - such a unique combo of colors and options! I can't wait until I get my MS01R's installed (only a couple months now)!!!

Have you considered getting a clear fender signal from either an Atenza or Commodore?
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Hadn't thought about it much to be honest. I'd like a set of smoked signals so might try keep an eye out for them! Don't think I've ever actually seen a set!
ethand

Post by ethand »

Sweet, that wooden gear knob should look sweet with that wheel & interior!!
And the fully correctly badged original floormats, too, in a few days :confused2: :lol:
If you wanna see what Commodore indicators look like on a car our colour, check my WL... (http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=30)
The Holden Commodore is an Aussie car, i picked up my VX Commodore side indicators from a junkyard for $20AU, its about the same on Ebay.com.au too, I think. Pretty sure I've seen smoked VX repeaters on ebay there, too...
(cant seem to see any smoked atm, but heres the closest I could find! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/clear-guard- ... 43a5dd73df )
Also, you could just get stockies & smoke them with niteshade or something
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

what tire size is this?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

195/50
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

cool cool this is the size i been wanting to get for my winter rims, and you just confirmed the size i wanted the car looks great!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

Keepin it cleaned & simple... UK boys know how to rock it :wink:
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

youdirtyfox wrote:Keepin it cleaned & simple... UK boys know how to rock it :wink:
Haha, you might get yourself in trouble saying an Irishman is from the UK :lol:
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

JayoM wrote:
youdirtyfox wrote:Keepin it cleaned & simple... UK boys know how to rock it :wink:

Whoops sorry JayoM ... Politics and geography where never my strong point!

Keepin it cleaned & simple... UK & Irish boys know how to rock it :wink:
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

youdirtyfox wrote:
JayoM wrote:

Whoops sorry JayoM ... Politics and geography where never my strong point!

Keepin it cleaned & simple... UK & Irish boys know how to rock it :wink:
:lol:

Hoping I can get the KL sorted for it and get a respray before Japfest! Coilovers in this weekend with a bit of look, but I fucked my back during BJJ training last night so don't know how that'll go :freak:
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

I came across what I thought was a cheap import AZ3 online down the country that had some nice JDM bits on it at the start of the week. After talking with the owner a bit during the week, I took a road trip down to Bandon to take a look this morning. 7 hour round trip, but turned into 8 or 9 with talking to the seller, bit of food, petrol etc.

So, we took off at half 6 this morning. Half an hour in a it was petrol stop time!

We met up with the owner at around 10am and he took us to his friends house where the car was kept. It turned out to actually be a Eunos Presso. It wasn't as clean as it looked in the pictures, but I nothing unrepairable and it would still be well worth getting even just to break for parts. In the pictures it had a JDM wraparound spoiler, but this had been replaced by an after market spoiler and hatch garnish. So, we opened her up to find the interior had got pretty mouldy, but that wiped off pretty easily and the seller knocked 50 quid off the price, so happy enough. There were a few nice surprises when I got in. The car had a full set of original Eunos Presso mats, in better condition than my own, genuine stainless steel sills and that missing wraparound spoiler in the back seat. We jumped the car and it kicked into life. It sounded and moved very well, and the waterpump issue was just a leak. So, by half 11 it was time for petrol stop number 2!

The car is likely to be broke in aid of my KLZE fund. I'll probably end up keeping some of the bits for myself, but the kit and altezza lights will more than likely go.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

wow that's awesome! Great find... that just doesn't happen over here in the US to just find a fully kitted JDM eunos presso :lol: :D
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

that's wicked, how much did it cost you?
tumble

Post by tumble »

Yeah, beautiful steering wheel. My wife used to have one of those on an old Alfa Romeo. She couldn't keep it when she changed to a Mazda 3 because those modern cars have buttons all over the steering wheel (music controls, cruise control). She says she finds plastic more comfy to drive with, anyway, although the wood is obviously prettier, so there are pros and cons.

Turns out these things are pretty cheap on eBay. E.g. for those of us in Australia (ethand), there's this for $100: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MOMO-Steerin ... 500wt_1215 (note the seller's low feedback rating, though).
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Evo_Spec wrote:that's wicked, how much did it cost you?
Lets just say it is worth ALOT more in parts :wink:

I am tempted to fix it up though and slap a turbo on it. Its the 120 break 1.5 and it is much quicker than I thought it would be!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”