jeffs 93 rs bp powered

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
jeffs93toy
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: jeffs 93 rs

Post by jeffs93toy »

Evo_spec

I will post those pics asap. However the work is at a stand still. I have to fly to tyler texas to get my traing for my job done. I will be there for a week and then come back to PA for more training. So the car will sit for about a month to two atleast.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

okay so ive started to work up a plan for the cars future mods.

DIYS

build new strut tower bars
build a replica srd rear lower strut support
paint valve cover
led tailights (altezza housing)
front bumper mod (fill in the top mini grille)
make a functioning hood scoop (that flows with body)
rear disk swap
big brake kit with millenia calipers
paint calipers
change interior dash lights from green to blue
sunroof from factory (i understand the work that will go into this and just wann give it a shot, if i fail im the only one that lost anything)
interior vinyl wrap on door panels
undercoating
short throw shifter
flare fenders
5 stud hubs and fatory rx8 or newer mazda rims 17in.
hand sand my fresh grey primer with 120 grit and higher until 400
repaint with black primer
power and handsand again
I paint car color code PZ (thats the color code on my door) by summer

Replacement or oem

windshield
door weatherstripping
front lip
euro front bumper (if possible)
front fog lights
rear fog lights
glass headlights or just covers
rear mud guards
side skirts (full or minis)
rear lip
front seat covers
headliner

Aftermarket and performance

BP swap (more research is needed)
coilovers
full mazda speed body kit (if the euro is unavailable)
slotted and drilled rotors
black projctor headlights
altezza rears
oil cooler

Im sure that more will come to me as time goes on and i read some of you guys worklogs but this is what i have in mind for now. However i will have to wait a little to get back to my little toy. :crying:

The things we do for money :roll:
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Ah, the drive of a new MX owner :mrgreen:

All I can say is, nice list, good luck, and if you change your mind 100 000x and don't do half of it, just know that your happiness with the outcome is almost always a function of how much work you put into it.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Its not just the mx. Iv toyed with cars since i could walk. The first vehicle i worked on was a 1978 (?) chevrolet c10. We lifted the truck up to 36in from the bottom of the door to the ground with the suspension. Beefed up the rear end, painted the undercarriage white matched with 17in white rims, with 36 in shoes on them, Black body, and to power it we had a rebuilt (courtesy of my dad and I) fuel injected corvette stingray motor in it coupled with a 6sp racing tranny. I think i was six when i worked with my dad on this one. I just dont like v8s for toys because once you get to overboring and putting in oversized forged pistons it gets really expensive with 8 of them. :welder:

I had already rebuilt my 91 geo storm's 1.6 dohc 140hp engine (factory specs with factory power) when i was 16. That one i didnt have help from my old man with. However i had to stop toying with cars at 17 when i got my wife pregnant, and just havent had a decent paying job to support me, my wife, my son, my daughter, and my love for cars. :crying:

Thankfully it looks like that has changed with this new job. Ive already started looking at how much it will run me for all the pieces and parts i will need for a bpt gtr swap. At most it will take me a year to get the cash up, which is much better than not ever having a chance at building a car again.

All in all thank you for the blessing and "muttering" with the wifes permission, i can start buying things on this list within two months.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Okay so before i packed up for my trip to texas I got a little more done to the car.

Finished the cars first primer job. Im also 90% finished the fog light mod on my front bumper, relocated the coolant overflow and removed 98% of the windshield washing components (a peice broke and if i decide i miss it ill take the part from the 626). I also decided to give the internals a nice cleaning with a can of seafoam.

On to the pics!

front of the car

closer

side shot before primering the roof and a pillars

pic of my 91 geo storm 5 spoke rims on the mx

relocated overflow

big empty space

think im gonna go with a nice blue (not feeling the red)

handy dandy seafoam

washer fluid tank

how d@#^ nasty my engine was

the mountain "fog"

smoking out the ram

these are for you evospec

my bright a$$ headlights and fog lights

little closer and you can see my directional mod lit up as well

d side shot

p side shot

Hope these pics are enough for now, because now the car shall sit.... temporarily of course.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

thanks for the pics!
the paint on the housings look a little rough but i like the look a lot with the straight slits on the brake lights
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

yea the paint is rough. I did this mod after i found i didn like the DIY altezzas and kinda just winged it... so when i come back ill properly sand them and refinish the tailights... the side markers all came out great... it was just the tailights... oh well

The idea is just to find the center of the buld through the lens and run tape acroos the center of two blubs (ie directional and left brake light, then right brake light and reverse light).

Like i said i just have to refinish these and theyll do until i get some altezzas.
You guys will probably figure out i paint something on way one color and cant stand it so i sand and try it anouther way, and so on until i find something i like.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i've been actually considering doing something i saw in a japanese Option magazine and it involves LED's and i think fiber optic piping to make "lined" light
I'll take pictures of it and post it up here if your interested
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

absolutely, please do, im drawing up some plans right now to convert the standard bulbs to true leds anyway.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

sorry i thought it was a more extensive guide but i guess it was just a one page thing but it's still good enough to get an idea.
i was thinking about doing something like this along the whole length of the tail light

jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

that would look sick if you could do eack bulb with two 3in strips like that or even one would look really good. How much did those leds cost when you priced them?
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

jeffs93toy wrote:that would look sick if you could do eack bulb with two 3in strips like that or even one would look really good. How much did those leds cost when you priced them?
i never priced anything since a tail light mod is pretty low on my list but i'm pretty sure those are just standard LED's, just will need resistors and such to run them
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Ill do some price checking and see around the start of next year if its a feasable project... as far as leds go i love the light output of them (thats why i installed them in my junk tray under my head unit). So i already planned on doing an led gauge conversion, dome light, trunk light, side markers, altezzas with the led strip in them, and wherever else i could put them...

Sometimes having electriacl experience helps out.

Just have to plan my time wisely. I get two weeks off of work every two weeks but i have to spend time with the wife and kids then... the life of a roughneck is indeed a rough one.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

jeffs93toy wrote:Ill do some price checking and see around the start of next year if its a feasable project... as far as leds go i love the light output of them (thats why i installed them in my junk tray under my head unit). So i already planned on doing an led gauge conversion, dome light, trunk light, side markers, altezzas with the led strip in them, and wherever else i could put them...

Sometimes having electrical experience helps out.

Just have to plan my time wisely. I get two weeks off of work every two weeks but i have to spend time with the wife and kids then... the life of a roughneck is indeed a rough one.
yeah i already did my dome light and trunk light, got a worklog thingy here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=74956 (forgot to take pictures of dome light but it's the same idea but with bigger boards)
i did all my exterior lights too but i just did it the lazy way and got LED bulbs that are a direct fit, but i need to get resistors and stuff for my signals because their "super flashing" which is really annoying, still need to get around to my gauges
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Yeah I saw your worklog when i was cruising this site. If Im not mistaken it was your trunk light mod that made me wanna do mine along with some of the others to kinda modernize the mx. Hell thats why im buying some factory 17s from the mazda 3, 6, or rx8. When i take the 5 lug hubs from the wifes old 626 of course.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”