attempted installation of ksport protege coilovers - fail

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
crazycanadian

Re: attempted installation of ksport protege coilovers - fai

Post by crazycanadian »

Looks like the protege ones you picked up were for a 4wd car... If that was the case that was your whole problem...

The ones look really good.. how do they feel? how is the adjustability on them???
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

Sweet im glad u got the 2nd gen ksport for the mx . i have them on mine and still smooth and feels great after almost 2 years !!
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

crazycanadian wrote:Looks like the protege ones you picked up were for a 4wd car... If that was the case that was your whole problem...

The new ones look really good.. how do they feel? how is the adjustability on them???
I guess I didn't realize they made a 4WD version for the 99-03 Protege?? How can you even tell that? The new ones are nice and feel great. You can adjust the camber on the fronts by the camber plates and/or slotted top spindle hole and slotted top spindle hole on the rear.
timpronk wrote:How much? I have seen them for around $1000 I think. Do they have adjustable camber plates for the rear or are you using camber bolts?
I paid $1050 shipped. no camber plates on the rear - only a slotted top spindle hole. I haven't gotten alignment yet so I'm not sure if I'll need to run camber bolts...
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Mooneggs wrote:I guess I didn't realize they made a 4WD version for the 99-03 Protege?? How can you even tell that? The new ones are nice and feel great. You can adjust the camber on the fronts by the camber plates and/or slotted top spindle hole and slotted top spindle hole on the rear..
I didn't realize they were that new of a protege... When I looked at your thread it never mentioned what generation they were from... Makes sense why the rears didn't fit now...
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

you shouldnt need a alighment bolts for the rear or front just a good alighment but depends how low u go also with out having a stiff preload .
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”