Something to point out

Off-Topic Discussions
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Something to point out

Post by Mooneggs »

I agree 100% with SuperK... I've had to lock more threads recently than ever before! I don't understand why a difference of opinion turns into an all out firefight! Soon enough you've got people calling each other names and everything else.

My thought: State your opinion and why (try to back it up), then get drop it. I understand that some people have very strong opinions and have to be "right" to ensure no one is led astray by false information, but there is only so much you can do in text on a forum (as SuperK eloquently stated). the people you want protect from "false information" are more turned off by your wanting to be right that they won't even want to read your "correct information". It's up to the OP of the question (or people searching later) to read through a thread and determine what direction they want to go based on the information they read - that's what a forum does. It appears most of the arguments are getting too nitty gritty...

I can do a better job of PMing those that I notice causing arguments.... I haven't seen many good "discussions" in a while. As I start to PM people, hopefully I won't have to use the ban hammer, but if needed - no problem! :)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I think this guy could fix the situation. Hammer Man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8WYh8uz3pQ
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:how tough they are and how they'd beat up whoever they're arguing with on here in real life or some other random thing that I don't even see how it could be related in the slightest way to the topic, instead of being helpful.
I understand that the forums arent "Real Life"; However real live people browse, post, and communicate on them. These REAL LIVE people have REAL LIFE thoughts, feelings, opinions, and values.

If your balls are big enough to be disrespectful and immature on a forum, but aren't big enough to be the same in REAL LIFE; Yeah, people will have problems with you. That's how the real world is too, here's a hypothetical situation even you should understand:
Guy 1 is driving down a one way street, guy 2 is in the lane to his right.
Guy one decides to yell and taunt guy 2 for whatever his reason may be.
Guy 2 laughs and suggests that guy 1 should pull over.
Guy 1 says something arrogant about how guy 2 can't handle him, and should just go home.
Guy 2 cuts guy one 1 off and forces him to stop his car, then proceeds to get out and walk over to guy 1.
Guy 1 drops the arrogance and tries to defuse the situation, because he's about 5 seconds away from the wrong end of an a-- kicking.

I think you know which guy represents you.

Simplified story: Guy 1 said and did stupid things for reasons unbeknownst to anybody but him. Guy 2 took offense, and shrugged it off like a joke. Guy 1 kept pushing buttons, despite the fact that he never had any intention of fighting guy 2. Guy 2 called his bluff, and guy 1 gets to pout all the way home.

In response to this thread, if ClubProtege is so great, and MX-3.com isn't up to your standards; Why come on here at all? If anything, you're propagating the issue that you claim to be against. I think you should go "home", and stay there.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on July 4th, 2011, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

For what it's worth, MoonEggs and SuperK make very valid points.

I have tried to avoid involving myself in any of the garbage arguments on here recently, and have even complimented/thanked nightshade for positive input in threads that I started, or took part in.

Naturally, I was a little surprised to see this thread bringing up issues I had moved past. I guess I had better things to do with my time afterall. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

SuperK, I just reread your post; You hit the nail on the head 100% for helping newcomers! A lot of people let their pride get between them and the solution... They're too scared to admit they don't understand, and with the chest beating and insults flying around, I can't blame them.. I remember being afraid to ask questions because I felt they sounded stupid, or were common knowledge for other people.

My solution for that was actually very beneficial, I started PMing people if I had a specific question or didn't want to make an a-- of myself. I even emailed a few particular PT members if it was a little more in depth, and I didn't feel the question could be adequately answered by just anybody...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Off-Topic”