Mikeinaus's 94 GSZE whats a fair price for my car?

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
solo_ryder

Re: Mikeinaus's New 94 GSZE Update ** Suspension/Leather Sea

Post by solo_ryder »

He does, I sold to him with the se panels and rear stuff
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Mikeinaus's New 94 GSZE Update ** Suspension/Leather Sea

Post by mikeinaus »

i also have some rx-8 heated switches if you wanted a backup set :P
mikeinaus

Re: Mikeinaus's New 94 GSZE Update ** Bumper Opinions?

Post by mikeinaus »

i was browsing youdirtyfox's worklog and came across his modified bumper and i was thinking of doing the same. im just wondering on peoples opinions of it (sorry for my horrible photoshop skills). either way i plan on doing the agry eyes mod so keep that in mind.

his modified euro bumper

option 1 angry eyes:
Option 2 angry eyes modified bumper with top grill intact
Option 3 angry eyes with completely modified bumper
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Personally I believe that you have such a beautiful unmolested MX it would be a shame to do the eye mod, I personally think they are kind of tacky. But to each his own, I actually think the angry tail light mod is the one that looks best on our cars. Otherwise If you wanted to be a lil' different I'ld like to see someone make the angry eyebrows look like the rsx with the half moons cut out above the projector lenses.

As for the bumper cutout, I think the only reason it looks so good on fox's car is that he has the extra negative space where the fog lights should be to balance the bumper and help keep your focus moving. Otherwise I think just having the cutout like that without some type of dramatic angles would look pretty bland.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

I would do it exactly like Youdirtyfox's, with the angry eyes. IMO, a rectangular shaped opening, especially with the small diameter corners, collides with the general shape of the car. In other words, the mx-3 is a curvy car, so you should make a curvy opening.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:I would do it exactly like Youdirtyfox's, with the angry eyes. IMO, a rectangular shaped opening, especially with the small diameter corners, collides with the general shape of the car. In other words, the mx-3 is a curvy car, so you should make a curvy opening.
if i do do it i was planning on do it like youdirtyfox's. i went with the rectangle because i suck with photoshop and it was easy.

as for the angry eye mod. i really like the look of it and i think it adds to the sporty/aggressive look of the car. the angry tails is also a sweet mod but theres alot more work involved in making it. probably more body work then i would feel comfortable with anyways.

and about "molesting" the look of my car. nothing is permanent and there are literally dozens of mx3's in auto wreckers in my area. anything i do that doesnt turn out very well can quite easily be replaced with oem parts for fairly cheap.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

option 2 :2thumbsup:
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Very clean mx-3, I'd keep it clean as it is. Possibly add more performance rather than messing with tacky body mods
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

No to the angry eye mod from me Im afraid!
Just do it as I did and it will look awesome on your car, you also need a bonnet debadge for it to really flow and get it pro painted afterwards :wink:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Here is a better PS that Marcdh made for me.. Looks good IDK wtf you guys are talking about

MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I think the "angry eyes" looks unnatural on the car, personally... Granted, I'm of the "If you're making your car look like a different car, you bought the wrong car." mindset, I just find it detracts from the overall look of the car. I'm all for originality and people doing their own thing... I just think that throwing sharp edges and pointy corners into a curvy, round car is a bit of a faux pas. It'd be like putting Dodge Neon headlights on a 1st gen MX-6. Look up both of those cars, and try to picture it...

Don't get me wrong, it's your car, and therefor your choice... I just think a car that clean should be kept clean. :shrug:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I might add that I really do like the "sleepy eye" mod, and the eyelids that follow the car's lines better. It's just that angular cut, that looks like you hacked a piece off the hood... it bugs me. :/
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

MrMazda92 wrote:I might add that I really do like the "sleepy eye" mod, and the eyelids that follow the car's lines better. It's just that angular cut, that looks like you hacked a piece off the hood... it bugs me. :/
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

why is that bumper missing a chunk off of it, looks ....... :throwup:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”